Internet Via Usb

THIS MIGHT HELP A FEW PEOPLE WHO CANT GET INTERNET AT HOME IN SAMUI,I JUST BROUGHT A CDMA USB DEVICE FROM CAT IN NATHON COST 11000B AND 820B A MONTH UNLIMITED AND IS 3.1MBPS VERY QUICK,HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE INTERNET CAFE EVERY DAY BUT NOW CAN USE AT HOME NO PROBLEM,JUST THOUGHT ID LET A FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT.CHEERS.

To write with CASE ON is like shout....

I am not sure you can get 3 Mbps with CDMA aircard but much less. Can you check with sone speedtest??

Sorry about shouting just trying to let a few people know about something,why get the hump!some people!

THIS MIGHT HELP A FEW PEOPLE WHO CANT GET INTERNET AT HOME IN SAMUI,I JUST BROUGHT A CDMA USB DEVICE FROM CAT IN NATHON COST 11000B AND 820B A MONTH UNLIMITED AND IS 3.1MBPS VERY QUICK,HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE INTERNET CAFE EVERY DAY BUT NOW CAN USE AT HOME NO PROBLEM,JUST THOUGHT ID LET A FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT.CHEERS.

Hi Bill,

Can you please go to speedtest.com & check the speed.You will get a yellow icon,just click on that.Then re-do the test by clicking on the small map & say pick any part of the states & do the test.Would be very interesting to know the results.

Thank you.

<br />Done the speed test 180.3mbps<br />

isn't it more 180.3 kbps wich would be 1.5 mbps

your solution is extremely intereresting considering the cheap price per month and avoiding to have to install a new cable.

i went to a nightmare story to get internet in my home(see my post in the samui section) and i wasn't aware of that solution.

Done the speed test 180.3mbps

I guess you mean 180.3 Kbps. My adsl connection 2mbps give me a real test speed of about 1800 kbps (1.7 Mbps); so I'm curious to know if your real speed is only 180 kbps, about the same when I use my aircard with GSM/GPRS/EDGE One-Two Call

That's fast - much better than people were reporting using the cat CDMA device 1 year ago - samui bill please could you tell me the make and model number of your usb device?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi its a cat cdma CCU-680 CDMA 1XEVDO REV A USB MODEM,forward link up to 3.1 mbps,reverse link up to 1.8 mbps.

That's fast - much better than people were reporting using the cat CDMA device 1 year ago - samui bill please could you tell me the make and model number of your usb device?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi its a cat cdma CCU-680 CDMA 1XEVDO REV A USB MODEM,forward link up to 3.1 mbps,reverse link up to 1.8 mbps.

....and it looks like that, the "boy's new toy's"

(this one is my one ;-) i use it on KP

post-56008-1218165580_thumb.jpgpost-56008-1218165615_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

How much is it again? I thought I have read 11.000? Does it work all over Thailand?

Thanks,

Dan

How much is it again? I thought I have read 11.000? Does it work all over Thailand?

11'800 i paid and I guess it works everywhere in TH, there where is CAT available, pretty handy that tool!

i think the best thing to do is run a speedtest on speedtest.net and copy the result using the forum link, just under the share your results.

they'll appear like this :

306810493.png

from Ko Phangan:

306827980.png

Since they have yet NOT licenced mobile phone networks to use 3G in thailand the max speed from any air card is still about 180kbps download. I use an air card as a back up or if I am outand about.. it works OK. but sometimes gets Disconnected every 30 mins, and have trouble to re connect. but on the hole its a good lifeline. and I get 100 to 140 kbps most of the time.

I pay 200 baht for 3000 minutes with AIS

When 3G gets liceneced it will be expensive, I recon they will have speeds from 500kbps to 1mb. I predict that They wont give the same 2mb speeds as you can get in UK with 3G devices.

Thanks,

Dan

does this device really ogger 3.1Mbit/sec?

i have an AirCard (CAT CDMA) but i dont go quicker than 516kb.

if yours is really so fast i would upgrade

Thanks,

Dan

does this device really ogger 3.1Mbit/sec?

i have an AirCard (CAT CDMA) but i dont go quicker than 516kb.

if yours is really so fast i would upgrade

up to 3.1 mbps

This is the modem not the ISP.

Here's some test results to/from the United States using the CAT CCU-680 CDMA modem...

310089588.png

310110093.png

310111718.png

Throughout the day speeds are consistently over 800kb/s. The best thing about this service is that it's always up unlike TTT ADSL which in my case looses sync 5-10 times per hour.

My location: Roi Et, appx. 2km from CDMA tower.