Relationship Counselors Around Chalong Bay

chris1299

has any one heard of a counselor /therapist named David Foster? im comeing to phukett cahlong bay soon and am seeking relationship counselig for me and my girlfriend . if anyone has heard of him or know of any other doc please contact me or leave a mesage on the board.

Thank you

Chris

has any one heard of a counselor /therapist named David Foster? im comeing to phukett cahlong bay soon and am seeking relationship counselig for me and my girlfriend . if anyone has heard of him or know of any other doc please contact me or leave a mesage on the board.

Thank you

Chris

Yes I met him in a friend's restaurant once. Interesting man. If your girlfriend's Thai and she's just pulling the 'sulky face', just save yourself the fee and throw it at her. She won't get the Tantric sex aspect so central to his counselling at all.

Thank you

Chris

Yes I met him in a friend's restaurant once. Interesting man. If your girlfriend's Thai and she's just pulling the 'sulky face', just save yourself the fee and throw it at her. She won't get the Tantric sex aspect so central to his counselling at all.

"

intersetind as in good or bad? and no shes not thai we are both american. could you olase enlighten me on the "Tantric sex aspect"?

thank you

Chris bryant

Thank you

Chris

"

intersetind as in good or bad? and no shes not thai we are both american. could you olase enlighten me on the "Tantric sex aspect"?

thank you

Chris bryant

Are you sure you are American :o

Thank you

Chris

"

thank you

Chris bryant

umm let me check yes i am.... why would i say i am?

Thank you

Chris

"

thank you

Chris bryant

:D

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,

I do not believe that Thailand is a good place to seek relationship counselling. I believe the "Tantric Sex" comment was a joke, underlying meaning being the guy is a quack, probably trying to get in the sack with the Thai ladies whose idiot farang mates bring their women to him to sort things out that are cultural differences. A Thai relationship therapist probably will also have cross-cultural difficulties.

Were I you, I'd run my problems by Donna. She's a moderator here that typically makes pertinent points and passes out sage advice. Otherwise, if you need a real relationship therapist get back to the states.

Just my 2 satang's worth, best of luck with your difficulties.

Edited by huggybear

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,

I do not believe that Thailand is a good place to seek relationship counselling. I believe the "Tantric Sex" comment was a joke, underlying meaning being the guy is a quack, probably trying to get in the sack with the Thai ladies whose idiot farang mates bring their women to him to sort things out that are cultural differences. A Thai relationship therapist probably will also have cross-cultural difficulties.

Were I you, I'd run my problems by Donna. She's a moderator here that typically makes pertinent points and passes out sage advice. Otherwise, if you need a real relationship therapist get back to the states.

ok thank you , whos donna? and how would i get ahold of her.

"ok thank you , whos donna? and how would i get ahold of her."

Go to this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bar-Rumours-...en-t203323.html

she'll have the fifth post. By her name is a little dropdown menu, select PM or personal message and send her a note.

Please be aware that I am overstepping courtesies by putting her in the mix, but if she is available to offer you advice I know it would be sound.

Cheers, HB

"ok thank you , whos donna? and how would i get ahold of her."

Go to this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bar-Rumours-...en-t203323.html

she'll have the fifth post. By her name is a little dropdown menu, select PM or personal message and send her a note.

Please be aware that I am overstepping courtesies by putting her in the mix, but if she is available to offer you advice I know it would be sound.

Cheers, HB

thank you very much i will be discreet , about who said it.

no worries chris1299, i have sent you a PM.

and thanks for the compliment huggy. i feel flattered. :o

You're welcome Donna, thanks for helping out.

Sounds to me like young American couple struggling in Thailand, so I just thought you would have some good insight. Especially insight from the female perspective for I know (myself included) at times women are a complete mystery. Which brings me to a joke:

Joe Harley Davidson rider, big beard tattoos and all, gets one wish from God.

(he had saved a child, or done some good I forget now)....

God says "Joe Harley, I grant thee one wish for being such an exceptional being"

Joe Harley says "God, I want you to build me a bridge from California to Hawaii, so I can ride my hog for hours and end up in a tropical paradise"

God says "well Joe, that's a lot of construction, destroying a lot of natural environment, ruining many beautiful things I have created in the process.............sorry Joe, give me another wish and I'll grant it"

Joe ponders........"o.k. God, women are a mystery to me, please enlighten me about everything there is to know about women, what makes them tick, how to understand them".

God thinks for a moment and replies "when do you need that bridge done"?

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,

Your post is incredibly presumptuous Huggy, in every respect. Who the hel_l are you to advise someone to forego a therapist, whether Tantric Sex centred or not, and pass them off onto some moderator of a local expat forum? :o

jackyseymour, i believe that he recommended chris1299 contact me was not because of my moderator status, but as a result of reading previous threads of mine where i have some understanding of relationships etc. i have personally been to a counselor in phuket and this has been mentioned on the forum before.

i have made a recommendation to the OP, via PM, to the therapist i saw.

nothing more to it.

jackyseymour, i believe that he recommended chris1299 contact me was not because of my moderator status, but as a result of reading previous threads of mine where i have some understanding of relationships etc. i have personally been to a counselor in phuket and this has been mentioned on the forum before.

i have made a recommendation to the OP, via PM, to the therapist i saw.

nothing more to it.

There is a lot of insecurity amoungst Farang wives/girlfriends out here. It doesn't seem to matter how much you try to calm the situation there is for obvious reasons an element of doubt amoung most farrang women. This insecurity never happened in UK and I have never erred or strayed in my life. It seems meaningless out here . My girlfriend has many farrang friends out here who feel the same (some with good reason).

I would be interested to here Donnas slant on this because I am assuming she comes accross this on ,many occiasions.

Your post is incredibly presumptuous Huggy, in every respect. Who the hel_l are you to advise someone to forego a therapist, whether Tantric Sex centred or not, and pass them off onto some moderator of a local expat forum? :o

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Never do I suggest they forego a therapist, quite the contrary, I posted that if they needed a real therapist best to take that back to the states, where they come from.

In lieu of Thailand relationship therapists with their degrees downloaded from the internet I thought Donna as a good option.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Never do I suggest they forego a therapist, quite the contrary, I posted that if they needed a real therapist best to take that back to the states, where they come from.

In lieu of Thailand relationship therapists with their degrees downloaded from the internet I thought Donna as a good option.

huggy thank you very much i appreciate your honesty and suggestion, i dont particularly feel like tlak to some nut job that thinks hes a counselor . and that will ruin my relationship rather than help hence thats why i asked around. i would go back to the states but i cant for work related reasons .

This is the 21th century and I would think to use the services of a US based counselor you don't necessarily have to be in the same room with him/her anymore. Talking through skype and using the webcam should do the trick.

:o It would help though, if the counselor is somewhat familiar with circumstances in Thailand, or in one of those many other poor countries, where the expat's wife may notice that far more local women are showing interest in her husband than used to be the case back home.

Edited by keestha