Driving License 5 year renewal Prakanong Bangkok.

FRM-BKK

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WebGuy said:

Thank you for the excellent report. Could you please share the answers and save me spending 90 minutes of watching the videos?

It appears that the questions thrown up during the 7 individual videos are different every time.

My guess is that the DLT has put into operations various sets of these 7 videos, all with their own set of questions.

For what it is worth, you can complete one or more videos/questions at the time and go back to it later; you have 90 days to complete. 

Edited by FRM-BKK

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Thanks for that. Hope someone can report if its the same for vehicle license, which i have to renew mine in the next couple of months.

I am fairly confident that everything will be the same, apart from the 7 short videos and questions raised in these.

The 7 videos and questions were all based around motorcycle driving; so I am quite sure that videos for vehicle license renewal are in a similar manner.

I am confident that the procedure at the LTD office and the completion of the physical tests are the same.

However, I stress again that my experience was at the DLT Area Office 3 Prakanong Sukhumvit Soi 99; actually about 20 meters beyond Soi 99.  We all know that Thai Government offices in different jurisdictions can apply their own rules.

I have attached a screenshot of the DLT Smart Queue Application with the requirement in case of Yellow book etc.

IMG_7478.PNG

Edited by FRM-BKK
  • Like 1

OR

You can pay somebody in an office outside the test centre 300 baht to sit in the mundane classroom bit and fill out your necessary paper forms. I did it yesterday.

That leaves the difficult bit of handing in your old licence plus yellow book and Pink ID, copy passport and extension, doing the 2-minute competency test for depth and colour blindness, paying your 505 baht for a CAR driving licence, and off you go!

I am not sitting through all that nonsense when I have had a full UK licence for the last 40-plus years, which is far harder, when we go through proper testing to pass, than a Thai driving licence.

🙂😆

• Confused 1

It is important that you took advantage of online training and pre-registration, which significantly reduced the time spent processing documents in the office. It is also good to know that using the Yellow House book and pink ID card helped you in the renewal process. Your experience will help other people who are also planning to renew their license.

7 hours ago, ArmandoWalter said:

It is important that you took advantage of online training and pre-registration, which significantly reduced the time spent processing documents in the office. It is also good to know that using the Yellow House book and pink ID card helped you in the renewal process. Your experience will help other people who are also planning to renew their license.

Thank you for your kind response  🙏😊

Thank you for the report. What does the 'physical test' consist of? Color blindness test, field of vision test, ......?

On 4/2/2024 at 9:15 AM, FRM-BKK said:

I want to repeat that my experience above was at the DLT Area Office 3 Prakanong, Sukhumvit 99 Bangkok. 
Other DLT offices may not accept Yellow House book and Pink ID card as proof of residency.

DLT Morchit would not accept my Yellow Book/Pink ID card for renewal. I went to DLT Prakonong today and they accepted Yellow Book/Pink ID card. Very nice and helpful staff I dealt with. 

Are we sure that a health certificate is required for 5 year renewal at Prakanong Area 3? I've renewed there multiple times over the last 25 years, about 10 years ago they told me that health certificate is not required for renewal, so I haven't bothered with it since. My renewal is next month.

• Agree 1