Whats The Best?

Jockstar

AVG is probably the best free deal now but understand they will be changing program in December

Guys! Please slow down and read carefully. You can update the version 6 from AVG to version 7 (free) and it will continue to be free.

It is written in such a manner to convince happy users to upgrade to the paid version.

I have the version 7 (free) and find it to be fantastic. :o

Dunno why you bother personally. What are you doing to get viruses? Friends of mine who get viralled up and call me for help - well, one little look through their internet history folder explains all.

Sensible browsing, and cutting British Schoolgirl spanking sites etc.. is the best method.

I never update explorer or install patches. I often leave my firewall turned off. I never open email attachments I have doubts about. I never go to stupid sex sites or sites that try and install software. I do an free online scan with the trend pcillin service. I almost never get a virus, and the odd occasion when I have gotten one, trend kindly removes it when I go for a scan.

I have found however that regular users of Thai language web sites do get viruses - which I presume is because some Thai sites do not scan themselves as other reputable sites do.

My experience with others who use virus software is that it often finds viruses where there are none; it slows down the computer; removes some email attachments I want; bugs the user with needless alerts (them trying to justify their existence and make you afraid enough to buy their software); any use of a macro - and I find macro's very useful - is always interpreted as a virus, preventing files from opening on friends computers.

My advice - don't use virus software. Take care where you browse. Use the trend free online scanner from time to time. Zone Alarm will alert you when some program tries to connect to the internet which is a good sign of a virus. JOP Reuang.

AVG is probably the best free deal now but understand they will be changing program in December

Guys! Please slow down and read carefully. You can update the version 6 from AVG to version 7 (free) and it will continue to be free.

It is written in such a manner to convince happy users to upgrade to the paid version.

I have the version 7 (free) and find it to be fantastic. :o

Thanks for the heads up as it was not available on last look. For some reason it is taking two hours for a scan however. Version 6 only took 1 hour. But does seem to give more headroom for other actions for my slow 500m system.