PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

BREAKING - D Expects Police to Crackdown on Protesters at 6 - 8 a.m.

UPDATE : 27 August 2008 - THAILAND OUTLOOK -

PAD protesters believe the police will crackdown on therally-goers at 6 - 8 a.m.. It's also been reported that there's an increase in police's presence at Government House.

Edited by lifeisrandom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING - D Expects Police to Crackdown on Protesters at 9 - 11 a.m.

PAD protesters believe the police will crackdown on therally-goers at 9 - 11 a.m.. It's also been reported that there's an increase in police's presence at Government House.

Edited by lifeisrandom

BREAKING - D Expects Police to Crackdown on Protesters at 12 - 2 p.m.

PAD protesters believe the police will crackdown on therally-goers at 12 - 2 p.m.. It's also been reported that there's an increase in police's presence at Government House.

Everyone knows that Samak is a an embarassment of a PM and the PPP are just a bunch of thieves, even if was all done according to the laws. Everyone knows they have violated the spirit of those laws, but being nice diplomatic people we say "innocent until proven guilty" and wait for courts decisions.

PAD is not playing these niceties game anymore.

The courts can't catch all the criminals even if they try very hard, and there aren't enough laws to cover all possible transgressions. There MUST be a sense of propriety, there MUST be desire and commitment to follow the laws and set examples, and this government is doing exactly the opposite. They are playing catch me if you can game instead.

Many believe they should be allowed to twist and turn and run and duck and plunder the country until jail doors are shut on them with all appeals completely exhausted.

PAD has decided this won't do.

The country is going to the dogs and PAD are the only ones who really care -

And the main reason for this shit is the PAD themselves. They protested long enough for Thaksin to call new elections, which where then made invalid by boycot of the opposition, then came the coup with a new constitution to boot. New elections, but still not to their satisfaction. In all that time, Thailand didn't have an effective government. With Thaksin out of the picture, it might be time to let the current government sit out their term. Now the PAD apparently wants another new constitution, in which the democratic principles of one vote one man won't count anymore.

It is kind of sad that the only person standing in between these lunatics and the continuation of at least some form of democracy is that madman Samak.

:o

Edited by sjaak327

It looks increasingly likely that the police are going to resort to tear gas to clear the protesters from government house.

The police can't get too physical with them becuase of the large number of women who make up their number.

Also - Thai TV is reporting that the police are repeatedly advising their supporters to leave government house now and take all their possessions with them or otherwise they will be subject to the 'special legislation'.

Army trucks to transport those arrested are now stationed in BKK.

Everyone knows that Samak is a an embarassment of a PM and the PPP are just a bunch of thieves, even if was all done according to the laws. Everyone knows they have violated the spirit of those laws, but being nice diplomatic people we say "innocent until proven guilty" and wait for courts decisions.

PAD is not playing these niceties game anymore.

The courts can't catch all the criminals even if they try very hard, and there aren't enough laws to cover all possible transgressions. There MUST be a sense of propriety, there MUST be desire and commitment to follow the laws and set examples, and this government is doing exactly the opposite. They are playing catch me if you can game instead.

Many believe they should be allowed to twist and turn and run and duck and plunder the country until jail doors are shut on them with all appeals completely exhausted.

PAD has decided this won't do.

The country is going to the dogs and PAD are the only ones who really care -

And the main reason for this shit is the PAD themselves. They protested long enough for Thaksin to call new elections, which where then made invalid by boycot of the opposition, then came the coup with a new constitution to boot. New elections, but still not to their satisfaction. In all that time, Thailand didn't have an effective government.

With Thaksin out of the picture, it might be time to let the current government sit out their term.

Now the PAD apparently wants another new constitution, in which the democratic principles of one vote one man won't count anymore.

It is kind of sad that the only person standing in between these lunatics and the continuation of at least some form of democracy is that madman Samak.

:o

That is the point! So many have tried to make

Thaksin is NOT OUT OF THE F'N PICTURE.

One or two phone calls last week and the uprising against Samak is quelled.

All VISIBLE power playing subsides and the machine gets back in gear.

And the day AFTER it is announced they are NOW seriously

going after ALL his Temasek money.

The hammer falls on the watch dogs PAD and the acting twit in charge.

PAD had many big rallies, but only this time some inside info

allowed the other side to sandbag them at the TV station.

BEFORE they planned to show up no less.

The time line says that PAD was having a 5:45 rally meeting at the Bridge site

to discuss the move to the TV station, yet :45 minutes earlier

a masked PAD is supposedly breaking in with shot guns, pistols,

slingshots and machettes. That being totally out of character to their motus operandi.

76 billion baht is a massive incentive to try

ANY DIRTY TRICKS YOU CAN DREAM UP.

You can buy a whole lot of Police Generals

with a days interest from that alone..

Civil Court order protesters to move out of Government House

BANGKOK: - The Civil Court issued an injunction, ordering the protesters to leave Government House compound immediately.

The injunction also ordered the protesters to stop blocking all roads near Government House.

The court reasoned that the protests affected the works of Government House officials and the Cabinet.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

Just got back home and online as of 10:30 pm, and see on Thai TV the demo is still going strong.... Lights on... music loud... large crowd still....

While I was away... I see 10 different deadlines passed or were predicted.... some of them even set by TV members.... :o

I surely don't know when, but it seems likely time is getting short for something to happen.

I hope everyone here remembers there are A LOT of regular Thai people out there who, right or wrong, believe they're there for an important reason. And they're not part of the political machinations on either side.

Let's sincerely hope everyone, on both sides, can stay safe... The last thing Thailand needs is a late night melee....

NBT showing live pictures from area surrounding government house.

Fleets of ambulances with flashing red lights massed in readiness. And groups of uniformed police looking anxious and keyed-up.

Oh boy. It's goin' to kick off in the next four or five hours.

Just got back home and online as of 10:30 pm, and see on Thai TV the demo is still going strong.... Lights on... music loud... large crowd still....

While I was away... I see 10 different deadlines passed or were predicted.... some of them even set by TV members.... :o

I surely don't know when, but it seems likely time is getting short for something to happen.

I hope everyone here remembers there are A LOT of regular Thai people out there who, right or wrong, believe they're there for an important reason. And they're not part of the political machinations on either side.

Let's sincerely hope everyone, on both sides, can stay safe... The last thing Thailand needs is a late night melee....

I share your concern. People are going to get hurt tonight - on both sides -

My thoughts are with the ordinary - decent folk at government house now -

The latest prediction....

Police to disperse protest at Government House at 11pm.

BANGKOK: - People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang said police will disperse the rally at 11pm.

Speaking on stage at Government House, Chamlong said he was informed that police will raid the rally to evict the protesters at 11pm.

He told the crowd not to be afraid and to stick together.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

"I'm ready to be arrested," Chamlong said. "If they come, we will let them arrest us. If they want to put us in jail, we'll go to jail. We will be here. We aren't going anywhere."

He drew laughter from his supporters when he said, "If we were afraid we would flee abroad" - a reference to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has sought political asylum in Britain

- New York Times / 28Aug2008

Will he be laughing when he is facing life inprisonment or capital punishment? Those who laugh first laugh last.

As far as political manoeuvring goes, I think PAD has outlived its usefulness.

Certainly by tomorrow we should see them disbanded.

None of the quirky military elements seem to have emerged, which is a good sign.

I wonder if the Democrats stay in the back seat after this; I have a feeling that is where they will still be relegated.

My feeling is everything sorted, just need to clean up the PAD sideshow.

Whether its clean or messy is not top priority as they don't have much sympathy in either the foreign or domestic press at present. I think the plug has been pulled on their little escapade. Feel sorry for any people that get caught up in the possible mess.

It's a very small world...

The band playing at the protest lately was singing a song with the lyrics/refrain in English... "We shall overcome," -- though not with the same melody as the American 1960s version.

For anybody who's been listening, the music they've been producing for the crowd over the past two days has been really good.... If this were the U.S., somebody would be recording it for a benefit album/CD to raise money for the cause....

BANGKOK: - People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang said police will disperse the rally at 11pm.

Speaking on stage at Government House, Chamlong said he was informed that police will raid the rally to evict the protesters at 11pm.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

He also told the crowd not to respond with violence, if the police gets violent. The also just mentioned that the government tried to cut the ASTV signal earlier..

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

The above seems to be the only 24 hour coverage of what is going on inside. Does anyone have an internet channel where we can see what is going on outside?

Would be very surprised if dispersing this crowd will be the end of the matter as far as Samak is concerned.

It's only a matter of time before Samak is toppled anyway.

The political face of Thailand is changing slower than many people expect, but it's getting harder and going to get harder and harder for those with dirty hands to hide in the future.

BREAKING - PAD Says It Respects Court Order and Plans to File an Appeal Tomorrow

In response to the Civil Court's order for the PAD to vacate the Government House, the PAD says it respects the court's order but asks to remain inside Government House until tomorrow when it will file for an appeal.

The Civil Court has granted police's request for the PAD to vacate the Government House immediately. The PAD has made an announcement stating that it respects the court's injunction but asks to stay inside the Government House until tomorrow when its lawyer plans to file for an appeal.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

He also told the crowd not to respond with violence, if the police gets violent. The also just mentioned that the government tried to cut the ASTV signal earlier..

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

The above seems to be the only 24 hour coverage of what is going on inside. Does anyone have an internet channel where we can see what is going on outside?

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/