PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Banharn in urgent meeting with allies

Samak's allies hold urgent meeting at Banharn's house.

Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners were meeting at Chat Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence Friday evening, informed sources said.

Amid speculation that allies' pressure would be needed to force Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, the coalition parties' leaders, with exception of Pracharat leader Snoh thienthong, were still huddling at Banharn's house at 9.30 pm.

It had been reported that Banharn was planning a press conference at 9 pm. Then it was reported that he decided to cancel the meeting.

Well what an improvement it will be if this piece of eeldom takes over. Banharn is another who needs banishment

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samak's allies hold urgent meeting at Banharn's house

Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners were meeting at Chat Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence Friday evening, informed sources said.

Amid speculation that allies' pressure would be needed to force Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, the coalition parties' leaders, with exception of Pracharat leader Snoh thienthong, were still huddling at Banharn's house at 9.30 pm.

It had been reported that Banharn was planning a press conference at 9 pm. Then it was reported that he decided to cancel the meeting.

- The Nation

Police denial they fired teargas at protesters and blamed it on third party that it trying to cause more conflicts and trouble for both parties. Live report from TNN live.

I heard at least 4 times teargas.....firing 1 or 2 would have been enough, but 4 (or more)caused real first wordwar feeling

Well what an improvement it will be if this piece of eeldom takes over. Banharn is another who needs banishment

This old slippery eel is waiting and is happy to take over the premiership, provided his party weren't disbanded by the election commission.

Edited by Thaising

I was reading someware that the PAD even though they use the word democratic, they are infact very undemocratic, and they want to quash the constituition, and making thailand a military run country like burma. I have also read that foreign investors will not be allowed in under this PAD government if they get in.

What they are doing is causing mutany against the crown, and comitting treason against the crown. Penalty is death.

I don't know if this is true, but read on a foreign website newsite.

Totally disgusting that they even consider consulting this two-timin' political bitch Barnarn, also part of the problem. :o

Newin's flight is at 1 am. apparently.

Edited by Tony Clifton

was having dinner to night with a group of thai golfers that i play with on a weekly basics , some of them well connected , one is a retired general , he told me that samak is going to go , very soon , and try to have new elections ,

god knows if its true , just what i have been told,

State of Emergency is not a solution by any means - they won't be able to enforce it.

When massive amounts of people take to the streets and shut down roads/airports/power stations (if it finally happens), the police and even the army won't be able to stop them.

>>>

Hammered, I don't buy the idea of a behind the curtains power struggle. The situation is completely out of control and no one can predict what the outcome would be and how it will play out. Thousands of people react to daily and even hourly developments, and even Sondhi himself has little control - he has to respond to the situtation just like anyone else.

"Behind the curtain" puppet masters must feel utterly helpless.

I'm not saying there are no attempts to manipulate the situation, just seriously doubt anyone's ability to do it.

Plus I agree with you right now.

You are right too to say the military cant control it. That is Samak's downfall. He has played one game too many and everything has gone out of control. It is now about endgame.

I was reading someware that the PAD even though they use the word democratic, they are infact very undemocratic, and they want to quash the constituition, and making thailand a military run country like burma. I have also read that foreign investors will not be allowed in under this PAD government if they get in.

What they are doing is causing mutany against the crown, and comitting treason against the crown. Penalty is death.

I don't know if this is true, but read on a foreign website newsite.

Oh farangs, they don't understand.

Farang bah!

This old slippery eel is waiting and is happy to take over the premiership, provided his party weren't disbanded by the election commission.

Take over and receive a big cheque or let Samak stay and receive a big cheque

Win/win for Banharn

lose/lose for all the rest of Thailand

- The Nation

A no-confidence vote initiated by Banharn and supported by the minor parties- and that's the end of the government. Well- could be worse. PPP dissolved-and a watered down version -which loses due in part to its open rejection of Thaksin (it has learned). Democrats win. Amnesty granted PAD 9 and Thaksin. Who knows eh?

Edited by blaze

- The Nation

A no-confidence vote initiated by Banharn and supported by the minor parties- and that's the end of the government. Well- could be worse. PPP dissolved-and a watered down version -which loses due in part to its open rejection of Thaksin (it has learned). Democrats win.

Unless we want to see constant gridlock we need to hope for something, but it will require a PPP faction to switch

The Nation

Aready psosted

Sorry slow internet connection (IPSTAR)

Edited by ubonjoe

- The Nation

A no-confidence vote initiated by Banharn and supported by the minor parties- and that's the end of the government. Well- could be worse. PPP dissolved-and a watered down version -which loses due in part to its open rejection of Thaksin (it has learned). Democrats win.

If the no confidence vote sparks a new general election, who could have thought that Banharn would end up being the custodian and saviour of democracy. And who says Thai politics is easy to understand.

Crack some heads of PAD scum - time to stop the madness!

Crack open a few more beers, get some sleep.

One person confirmed on stage he'd been shot and was teargassed while getting treated.

NBT remains in a constant state of denial.

Edited by Tony Clifton

It's so enjoyable to read the light hearted and heartfelt feelings

of those truly at one with the concept of Thailand a nice place for all.

SCUM : Socially Conscious Urban Mothers

Banharn in the mix, on cue, trying to do a deal, on cue.

So they are leaning on Samak to control his descision.

Step down with cabinet and WE will pick up the pieces with our X coalition.

Yep right on cue.

He may just call for a re-election rather than submit to this presure tactic.

Edited by animatic

PAD say they might siege NBT TV station again, so far no sight of protesters reaching NBT station only police guarding the building as reported by TNN live.

Amazin ole Samak boy gets a great propoganda win when teh PAD raid NBT and then messes it up with a stupid police assault that loses and now the PAD are going to repeat their mistake of Tuesday. Amazing Thailand

In my opinion the PAD wants to make a coup...I think they even told "a coup of the people".

For a coup you need the mass media. If I declare alone at home that I am the new premier of Thailand no one will notice it.

So they need at least NBT, than go in the government house and declare that they are the new junta.....

Everyone broadcasts it. Samak runs away (or the army helps a bit) and the coup is finished.

Insightful post, IMHO.

Also, let's keep the perspective here. The police and military have by all accounts shown considerable restraint. The protesters have also show some degree of restraint. It's not like the protesters are rioting, looting stores, burning cars, and doing other things consistent with rampant mayhem.

Let their voices be heard. But let the democracy, the constitution and the rules of law prevail. Another coup is not the answer.

Can someone tell me a scenario where Samak stays in office?

Well sheer bloodymindedness right now. I am the man and only votes remove me.

Its been made 100% clear to him that he does not have the support from HRH to use violence. So, if he goes against the advice of HRH, I don't expect him to remain in office.

The police still denial they used teargas or any rubber bullets to shoot protesters that injured number of protesters, and are unable to answer TNN reporter questions about those injured that are bring send to hospital.

Edited by Thaising

Samak will be asked to step down by his key allies: informed sources

Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners have agreed to ask Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, sources said.

The decision were made at a meeting at Chart Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence late Friday evening, the sources said.

The Nation

the longer it goes on the harder it will be to find a peaceful way out.

only one person can bring this to a peaceful conclusion.

Yes, hopefully Samak realizes this, comes to his senses, and resigns.

I don't see much hope on that