PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Banharn in urgent meeting with allies

Samak's allies hold urgent meeting at Banharn's house

Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners were meeting at Chat Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence Friday evening, informed sources said.

Amid speculation that allies' pressure would be needed to force Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, the coalition parties' leaders, with exception of Pracharat leader Snoh thienthong, were still huddling at Banharn's house at 9.30 pm.

It had been reported that Banharn was planning a press conference at 9 pm. Then it was reported that he decided to cancel the meeting.

- The Nation

A no-confidence vote initiated by Banharn and supported by the minor parties- and that's the end of the government. Well- could be worse. PPP dissolved-and a watered down version -which loses due in part to its open rejection of Thaksin (it has learned). Democrats win.

If the no confidence vote sparks a new general election, who could have thought that Banharn would end up being the custodian and saviour of democracy. And who says Thai politics is easy to understand.

And as the credits roll for the end of this bit of cinema- there's ol Banharn winking- saying- "and the lesson of all this boys and girls? : don't get too big for your britches. TIT"

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crack some heads of PAD scum - time to stop the madness!

You're as bad as some of the other crazy's who are posting here.

Is that including you, Artisi ? :o

LaoPo

Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners were meeting at Chat Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence Friday evening, informed sources said.

Amid speculation that allies' pressure would be needed to force Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, the coalition parties' leaders, with exception of Pracharat leader Snoh thienthong, were still huddling at Banharn's house at 9.30 pm.

It had been reported that Banharn was planning a press conference at 9 pm. Then it was reported that he decided to cancel the meeting.

- The Nation

A no-confidence vote initiated by Banharn and supported by the minor parties- and that's the end of the government. Well- could be worse. PPP dissolved-and a watered down version -which loses due in part to its open rejection of Thaksin (it has learned). Democrats win.

If the no confidence vote sparks a new general election, who could have thought that Banharn would end up being the custodian and saviour of democracy. And who says Thai politics is easy to understand.

LOL

You sure got that right. What screamingly grand irony.

The police still denial they used teargas or any rubber bullets to shoot protesters that injured number of protesters, and are unable to answer TNN reporter questions about those injured that are bring send to hospital.

My staff just came back from the police station, they just confirmed teargas and shooting.

The shooting was most probably rubber bullets.

No one from them injured, and what really surprise me, they are not shocked at all.

- The Nation

LOL

Not even the worst soap opera writer could think it up

Anyone else out there a little bit worried by this particular posting?

I would more worried if Britmaveric was Samak's alter ego thinking out loud.

Maybe the Moderators can do something about "Crack some heads"....

after killing people what he post next "Police rape the women"??

You're as bad as some of the other crazy's who are posting here.

Is that including you, Artisi ? :D

LaoPo

At least I'm not promoting violence and getting my jollies by doing so :o .

- The Nation

LOL

I guess you never look Thai soap operas....They are exactly on that level.

- The Nation

LOL

You obviously don't know much about Banharn.

Clarification includes report of NOT "storming the police station".... and .... police denials of gassing (even using TNA's own photo above the article as posted on their site).... and finally... some Samak ramblings...

1220018957.jpg

TNA

Rally reportedly dispersed with tear gas

BANGKOK, Aug 29 (TNA) - Tear gas was reportedly used to disperse anti-government protesters staging a rally outside the Metropolitan Police Headquarters in Bangkok, but police denied firing tear gas at the crowd.

Deputy Metropolitan Chief Police Major-General Suphorn Pansuea told reporters the police did not use tear gas, as has been claimed.

Over 1,000 police were deployed to guard the police headquarters, as protesters rallied outside. Teargas was used to disperse the crowd. Some of the injured were tended by paramedics and ambulances which were on standby. Most of them suffered from eye irritation.

The group of anti-government protestors had marched to the Metropolitan Police Headquarters on Friday evening, after the People's Alliance for Democracy leaders asked authorities to turn in the police who had injured protestors in a clash Friday morning.

The protestors rallied there to pressure the police, and allegedly vandalised a police truck and a Channel 3 car.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej maintained his stance the government would not use violence in handling the protesters, while expressing anger over the disturbances which had broken out in different provinces and included state enterprise participation.

"So how do you want our country to become? You want me to play a bad guy hurting, killing people? I won't buy that. I was the one who ordered a halt to the crackdown."

Earlier Friday Samak ordered police to withdraw from Government House to avoid further confrontation after minor skirmishes broke out around the compound.

Army chief Gen. Anupong Paochinda said late Friday there was still no need to implement an emergency decree to tame protesters demanding the ouster of the six-party coalition government.

Speaking to journalists following a Defence Council meeting, Gen. Anupong said he was worried about the current situation and did not want police to use force against unarmed demonstrators.

Gen. Anupong said later he had advised the prime minister not to use force against protesters.

Edited by sriracha john

- The Nation

What If?

New Prime Minister is PPP after put together new coalition

PPP not desolved

Char Thai desolved

Democrates desolved

New Elections

PPP Wins

Britmaverick was busy having a couple of hand jobs when he thought the police were going to kill people. Now he is just the usual ex-pat big mouth. Just ignore the harmless hand job. No doubt he is an utter loser anyway

- The Nation

What If?

New Prime Minister is PPP after put together new coalition

PPP not desolved

Char Thai desolved

Democrates desolved

New Elections

PPP Wins

And then we all might get to watch this charade all over again.

It's simple the police are not doing their jobs, and arresting those who are illegally in govt buildings. I may be advocating an extreme response, but this is what would happen anywhere else in the world. Funny thing is the PAD are advocating the removal of a democratically elected and popular government. Anyone else see the danger of this????

Ok let's remove the govt, and throw the PAD leaders and supporters in jail for insurrection - problem solved. We will ask nicely. :o

BTW the PPP/TRT will win again any election, so we will be in an endless cycle of chaos.

Edited by britmaveric

The police still denial they used teargas or any rubber bullets to shoot protesters that injured number of protesters, and are unable to answer TNN reporter questions about those injured that are bring send to hospital.

My staff just came back from the police station, they just confirmed teargas and shooting.

No one from them injured, and what really surprise me, they are not shocked at all.

Not shocked says a lot. Only farangs get shocked at this.

It is of course entirely possible that an 'outside agency' decided to

speed the plow of Samak's exit. Rubber bullits and tear gas

need not be fired from visible places, they just need to be on target.

Since we all have been expecting some police screw up it is right on time.

It could be military, it could be another political party wanting to push for a

new deal as Samak leaves, lots of puppet master possiblities here.

Not just a nervous police major screwing the pooch on international TV.

How close were they to the action.

Did they confirm that there was teargas and shootings,

or that they were told there was teargas and shootings?

General Panlop just been shown in an interview on channel 9 repeating the remarks he made in the Bangkok Post. Apart from saying the attack on the t.v station was his idea he went on to say he is not as patient as Chamlong and that he was trying to provoke a heavy handed response from the govournment should they not step down voluntarily so that he would have an excuse to act.

While he was talking there was a steady stream of SMS messages not taking either side but just expressing horror at the turn of events and commending the police for their patience. I cannot believe that this is what SJ , Tony and the others think is the best way forward for Thailand ?????? If people like this ever get their hands on power it will be a long time for the Thai people to suffer, the economy will nosedive....in short, one of the blackest episodes in Thai History.

- The Nation

LOL

You obviously don't know much about Banharn.

I know about him, but not very much......I thought a dinosaur which won't be much longer in politics.....

Seems I was wrong on that.

Dude.

I disagree with the majority of your posts, and I disagree with this one immensley

Instead of responding angrily I would like to politley remind you that innocent people may lose their lives in the near future, whether or not you agree with them do they deserve to die because they have a different opinion to the government?

Please just take a step back, think about the potential consequensies (Sp?) of heads being "cracked", and tone it down a bit.

Please.

Britmaverick was busy having a couple of hand jobs when he thought the police were going to kill people. Now he is just the usual ex-pat big mouth. Just ignore the harmless hand job. No doubt he is an utter loser anyway

To proffer a mild defense on his behalf... not being in Thailand often results in a misreading of the tone and tempo of the country.

Not shocked says a lot. Only farangs get shocked at this.

It is of course entirely possible that an 'outside agency' decided to

speed the plow of Samak's exit. Rubber bullits and tear gas

need not be fired from visible places, they just need to be on target.

Since we all have been expecting some police screw up it is right on time.

It could be military, it could be another political party wanting to push for a

new deal as Samak leaves, lots of puppet master possiblities here.

Not just a nervous police major screwing the pooch on international TV.

They are probably shocked that the bullets are only plastic.

I gotta ask.

Where are the moderators tonight.

I have seen some pretty nasty personal comments

and just plain billiousness towards others.

I was given a warning for 'flaming' last night,

and the content was suggesting an individual

worked for Thaksin's PR company.

I used the words "shill" and "copy and paste".

I duly appologised to the moderator,

and the above is not specifically aimed at anyone,

but as an example of what was deemed inappropriate.

Well I have seen SEVERAL things in the last few pages

hat PALE in comparison to last night's indiscretion.

So what's the deal?

Just got interupted UBC satalite is completely gone all channels.

HHmmm Like 2006... but why bother now, so much has been seen already.

Maybe the puppet masters are moving...?

Edited by animatic

Army chief Anupong suggests PM to resign

Army Commander in Chief Gen Anupong Paojinda has suggested Prime Minister Samak Sundaravey to step down to quell the ongoing political tensions, sources said Friday.

Anupong made the suggestion during a meeting of Defence Council which was chaired by Samak, who is also defence minister.

Samak government is under tension following police's use of forces on unarmed protesters on Friday.

From the Nation

How close were they to the action.

Did they confirm that there was teargas and shootings,

or that they were told there was teargas and shootings?

they were there, at the shooting on the floor, one woman was hurt on the side, seen by my wife. She put a big plastic bag over her head when the gas came.

the teargas is sure. That teargas also makes sound like a gun, so it is thinkable that she heard the teargas and the woman hurt herself when they all were on the floor....I don't think so, but it would be possible.