Are There Still Any Free Wifis At Suvarnabhumi Airport?

3183h

Hello,

I read some topics that were posted and they were currently out-of-date. My questions are:

1. Are there still any free WIFIs at the Suvarnabhumi airport, especially at the arrival area?

2. If there are a few, can you name the providers? I heard that there was a company called aotWIFI. However, they are no longer in service.

I do appreciate your time and response. Thank you.

Hello,

I read some topics that were posted and they were currently out-of-date. My questions are:

1. Are there still any free WIFIs at the Suvarnabhumi airport, especially at the arrival area?

2. If there are a few, can you name the providers? I heard that there was a company called aotWIFI. However, they are no longer in service.

I do appreciate your time and response. Thank you.

I sit outside of the Cathay Pacific lounge (there a seats right outside) and browse the internet at high speed for free.

• 1 month later...

As people have said just sit outside any lounge in SUV and you'll get free Internet access. The Singapore Air Kris lounge is in a nice secluded part of the airport if you want privacy (as long as you're down that side of the airport obviously!)

Most wireless setup in Thailand are setup by people who don't have the slightest clue in setting up a properly contained signal or any further security.

Was in TG lounges at Swampy -wifi free, but the main Int'l one is down the escalator back towards immigration so its hard to steal signal. TG lounge in HKT gives you a password at entry. TG domestic lounge at Swampy is behind the closed doors back from corridor and is not a powerful signal, so you better have airport set to robust :o

• 5 months later...
Hello,

And what about after immigraiton?

Any free wifi or not locked Wifi around ?

Thanks.

Last time I went through I asked at the information booth, the girl who worked there said there was no wifi at all in departures. Not even paid for.

Don't know if you could "borrow" some from a frquent flyer lounge :)

RAZZ

Suvannaphum, Bangkok, Thailand: Airport Tax 700 THB and NO free WiFi provided by airport authorities

LCC-Terminal, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Airport Tax around 250 THB (25 RM), and FREE WIFI provided by airport authorities, accessible almost anywhere at the terminal (apart from that: the LCCT has been upgraded recently and is now a VERY decent facility, considering it's a LCCT !)

Auckland International has free computers, compliments of Samasung.

There is airport WiFi, but costs, stuff them.

I think it is 2nd level at Swampy, there is a public phone with power point, and FREE WiFi, I have used it heaps.

Sorry short on specifics, but is at the no 1 gate end of level.

Yeah I was disappointed my last time flying into Suvarnabhumi when I couldn't easily connect to wifi. Flew from Kansai (spoiled with free wifi everywhere) to Hong Kong (spoiled with free wifi and work station desks with free electrical outlets) to "state of the art" Suvarnabhumi with nada. Thanks to everyone for their free Suvarnabhumi connection suggestions - I'll know better next time :)

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Sod all that I could find about a month back, there are now free terminals (if you don't mind standing).

As a KSC subsciber I could use the hotspot at Starbucks coffee for free (but no beer within range) :)

• 4 months later...
Saw where the last post here was in August ...

Anyone have any updates on free wifi at Swampy?

Not long time ago - they are very stingy indeed:you go to "information counter" and request FreeWifi

password;first you will have to give your passport number and sign the form,then they will give you special "scratch"coupon with password valid ....take your breath!:15 minutes.

Some coffee shops nearby will give you the same - with consumption,minimum 500B(also - 15 min).

Better do your emails at home.

SabaidiPiMai

HappyNewYear

BA's/Quantas lounge still accessible/unprotected a couple of months ago the last time I passed through. Sit outside the large massage place on the main shopping level on the way to Gates E (.. I think, anyway its the opposite direction to going to Gates G when you hit the major 'crossroads')

• 3 weeks later...

In domestic departures there are kiosks with free internet.

In international departures you can get free access, but only for 15min, but near some lounges it is able to connect to their hotspots.

Here some info:

www.shorttraveltips.com/other-tips/communication/free-wireless-internet-in-bangkok-airport-bkk

In domestic departures there are kiosks with free internet.

In international departures you can get free access, but only for 15min, but near some lounges it is able to connect to their hotspots.

Here some info:

www.shorttraveltips.com/other-tips/communication/free-wireless-internet-in-bangkok-airport-bkk

Go sit opposite the coffee shops on level 3.

Found WiFi there many times over the last few years.

Even power point behind public phone, you will need to have appropriate plugs....... double socket adapter.

Last time 2 weeks ago.

Do not forget your passport controls and security times.

I did last Oct, just made flite........LOL

Edited by Zpete

I certainly found there was once i got into departures,

there was a couple of options, I cant remember the name, but one advised it was free to passengers in international departure and you asked at the information desk, but i found a free wifi access point when i was in the smokers lounge (near E 23 I think?? iirc)

this was on the 5th of this month so I imagine its still there.

• 1 month later...

Whats dissappointing is there is or was no True wifi in swampy, Its all the overpriced paying 100s of baht by credit card or pay through the nose at soime coffee shop or restaurant, Its no wonder the S**t hole airport is way down the rankings of international airports.

"its no wonder the S**t hole airport is way down the rankings of international airports."

As a matter of fact, it wasn't.

If you made some effort to read passngers reviews and go to various ratings websites you would see how wrong you are "As a matter of fact" . I use it enough to know and aint wasting my finger listing the poor facilities and services. But take a look at this link if you interested in other users opinions other than your own,

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airport/airp...airportCode=BKK

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy KKvampire,I also am not a fan of Suvarnabhumi airport.My main complaint is it is to COLD.In look and feel.Thanks for that web site it is a load of info of airports.

Never tried to use the laptop in the airport so just donot know about free wifi.Maybe take a look next time.

• 1 year later...

Not long time ago - they are very stingy indeed:you go to "information counter" and request FreeWifi

password;first you will have to give your passport number and sign the form,then they will give you special "scratch"coupon with password valid ....take your breath!:15 minutes.

Some coffee shops nearby will give you the same - with consumption,minimum 500B(also - 15 min).

Better do your emails at home.

SabaidiPiMai

HappyNewYear

This was my experience as well when I was waiting at the airport in the pre-departure area for an upcoming international flight.... I found an open airport web page (AOT I think) that talked about going to a couple of airport service counters to request the cards giving you a whole 15 minutes of free access. The couple of locations listed on the web page map of the airport weren't particularly near where I was waiting, so I didn't bother, especially for 15 minutes.

Other than that, this is the airport wifi setup that I found while browsing around there a few weeks back. A pretty sorry state of affairs....

post-53787-0-73399000-1308039070_thumb.j