Grinding Teeth

caster

There can be numerous reasons why, from jaw and back alignment to excessive rem sleep activity. However it can be easily solved with a mouthguard from your dentist. A bad side effect is the effect on his teeth if he continues to grind without a protective mouthguard, he will wear away his first teeth and then effect the growth of the new set.

Jcon hit it on the head "i'd love to beat the problem at the source, rather than have to use the mouth guard (which does not "solve the problem") ... but nobody has been able to explain the problem properly as of yet... "

thats exactly the problem often very hard to figure out the cause but prevention of the potential damage is a start. I dont think his 3 year old will worry about the ckickees seeing him drool too much as of yet

Edited by Bentley 7

your son may be snorting cocaine or popping ecstasy before bed :o

either that or what the other guy said.

honestly though, I grind my teeth at night and I went to my dentist and got a 10,000 baht piece of plastic - that's just for the upper teeth. I used it for about a week and couldn't be arsed afterwards.

i'd love to beat the problem at the source, rather than have to use the mouth guard (which does not "solve the problem") ... but nobody has been able to explain the problem properly as of yet...

i should wear the mouth guard more often though, as chicks totally dig it when I wake up drooling on them.

• 4 weeks later...
There can be numerous reasons why, from jaw and back alignment to excessive rem sleep activity. However it can be easily solved with a mouthguard from your dentist. A bad side effect is the effect on his teeth if he continues to grind without a protective mouthguard, he will wear away his first teeth and then effect the growth of the new set.

Jcon hit it on the head "i'd love to beat the problem at the source, rather than have to use the mouth guard (which does not "solve the problem") ... but nobody has been able to explain the problem properly as of yet... "

thats exactly the problem often very hard to figure out the cause but prevention of the potential damage is a start. I dont think his 3 year old will worry about the ckickees seeing him drool too much as of yet

I suffer from it and was prescibed a mouthguard but my dentist called it a nightguard. One doesn't grow out of the habit as some people think.