Doctors and dentists in chiang mai

JimGant

How does one go about finding reputable medical doctors and dentists in Chiang Mai? I need some dental work done soon; and I also would like to have an extensive medical physical accomplished (something I've put off now for too long). But I haven't the foggiest how to differentiate quacks from others; or whether a hospital or independent doctor's office is the way to go. In the States, you don't go to a hospital for a physical. But maybe in Thailand.......?  Anyway, probably asking my Thai friends for recommendations is the way to go. But if anyone here, familiar with Chiang Mai, could offer their advice and experience, I'd be appeciate it. Thanks.

Jim Gant

HI Jim,

'Chiangmai Ram Hospital' is a hospital...

address 8 Boonruangrit Road...Tel 053-224851..

it is next to Sri Tokyo Hotel.

There are many Dental clinics around, you might to try

'Chiangmai Dental Hospital' many farangs use its services.

address 84/3 Chiangmai-Lampang Road. A. Muang

Tel..053-411150...     :o

I had an excellent tooth job done in the "Dental Art Clinic". It's close to Airport Shopping Centre.

The dentist, who I believe is a professor at Chiang Mai University, was absolutly up to western standards. His equipment was too. At least I came into the same "spaceship control room" as with my own dentist, and that is a technology freak!

The bill however was western standard too. I payed THB 5500 for a rootcanal treatment.

• 3 weeks later...