Calling Out To All Restuarant And Bar Owners On Kp

I have found a company in Bangkok that produces Corn Starch Straws and other decomposable/biodegradable products. As many of you know, my pal Spike and I have started Green Phangan. We are looking for restaurant/bar owners to join us in placing an order with the company.

The price of one straw is about 12baht per straw. We need to place a fairly large order which is why we are posting here. We have few businesses on board with us. If you are interested or know of a business that might be please pm me.

I have all the information of the company etc. But I'm not sure if I can post on here.

Please pass this on. Wouldn't it be nice to know that the straw your drinking out of will de-compost in a matter of weeks, not over 30 years? :o

Edited by Pattaya_Fox
email address removed as a protection from spam

I have found a company in Bangkok that produces Corn Starch Straws and other decomposable/biodegradable products. As many of you know, my pal Spike and I have started Green Phangan. We are looking for restaurant/bar owners to join us in placing an order with the company.

The price of one straw is about 12baht per straw. We need to place a fairly large order which is why we are posting here. We have few businesses on board with us. If you are interested or know of a business that might be please pm me.

I have all the information of the company etc. But I'm not sure if I can post on here.

Please pass this on. Wouldn't it be nice to know that the straw your drinking out of will de-compost in a matter of weeks, not over 30 years? :D

Personay I don't drink from straws, but it's a start, we need to do this for plastic bags and bottles that are thrown everywhere on a beautiful Island, aswell as the rest of Mother Earth=you know who you are!!! :D

STOP THE BLOODY LITTERING PEOPLE! :o

Sorry seems there was a miscalculation there on the price of the straws.

Re. the cost of the straws, they are not 12 baht each. Much much cheaper:

ECOPLAZ Bendable Straws White

Environmentally Degradable Plastic

80 pcs/pack; 125 packs/carton = 10,000 pcs straws

1,181 baht per carton + VAT and transport (1-5 cartons)

12 baht per straw is quite expensive I think, means quite a price raise of the drinks or losing mos of he profit
Edited by nomadspike

Sorry .12 baht

Our biggest problem is the minimum order. It is very large. We do want to get bio-bags as well and this company has them. But again the order is huge.

As far as I can tell this is the only manufacture of it's kind in the Kingdom. If anyone out there knows of any other ones please get in contact with me.

I can go out and buy corn starch straws in the super market here in California. Thailand is a whole different story, but if we group together and create a demand the supply will come and it will get cheaper as the demand becomes more the norm.

Meanwhile again if anyone is interested please get in touch.

One island at a time. If Coffee Junction was still there we may have since it was owned by Sanctuary, but sadly the owner wanted too much money for a new lease. So Gill closed it down.

Not opposed so if anyone is interested drop me a line.

order them in from Singapore or Australia, shipping is very cheap and the prices are similar. you'll be able to place a much smaller order! just think about re-ordering!

A good idea and its good to see a devolping country (all be it by farangs) doing something eco-freindly!

Yes, 12Baht/100 straws is a very reasonable price.

Another very important issue:

PVC & BPA (Bisphenol A) are components of plastic straws, containers, bottles, and food wrapping, and are considered highly dangerous to personal health (cancerous).

For example, anyone that has ever attempted to drink out of the cheap water bottles (6 for 25 baht) after they've been left in the sun for a couple of hours, would know something is wrong with water that smells like kerosene.

And if eating/drinking contaminated food is not enough, plastic refuse often finds itself burning on someone's fire, spreading deadly toxins into the air we all breath.

If you care about your health and the health of others, please keep food and drinks away from plastics.