• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

disappointing for the gold aficionados is the combination of a weaker US-Dollar and a weaker Gold price.

Well today was a nice day for gold 1.24% & a really nice day for Silver 4.21% rise ;)

Glad to see it.... as always

Edited by flying

disappointing for the gold aficionados is the combination of a weaker US-Dollar and a weaker Gold price.

Well today was a nice day for gold +1.24% & a really nice day for Silver 4.21% rise ;)

Glad to see it.... as always

it is all a matter of perspective Flying. one man's profit is another man's loss.

EURUSD mar2 1.375 / EURUSD mar4 1.3993 = USD -1.7673%

Silver 4.21% rise
except for a few setbacks the Silver performance is very impressive. directed at Flying i repeat "if you expect Gold going higher don't touch your Silver!"

Yes I have cooled on the idea of swapping any more out.

Hard to argue with the performance so far.

now 38.91

Impressive isnt it?

My original plan was to swap out 25% at 47/1 ( I only did 15% )

Then I was going to do another 25% @ 37/1 & 27/1 with the final @ 17/1 if it should happen

But as I said... I have cooled on that idea...although with 37/1 in sight it is tempting :lol:

Again though I look at my numbers for AU & AG since 08 & it is hard to argue....AG is smoking...AU is no slouch but AG has been outperforming by more than 2x

Edited by flying

In 1900 you could buy 2 good suits for one ounce of gold.

Today one ounce of gold will buy you 2 good suits.

The "value" of gold has held stead while paper money is good only to wipe your ass.

In Germany is there a person named bush jr?

While the US has an incompetent ideologue in charge i expect the dollar to continue to fall as per Bernanke's grand plan. Thus gold will have to always rise in $ terms.

I wonder how long 1.5 trillion $ yearly defecits are sustainable? my guess? not long. Mrs Pelosi you are great. Thank you for wrecking my country & it's economy.

Some interesting comments/speculation or Phantasy as Naam would say following Harvey Organ's latest post /

Harveys Organ's is one of my favorite reads these days.

I find his daily reports on what has moved & his explanations interesting.

In 1900 you could buy 2 good suits for one ounce of gold.

Today one ounce of gold will buy you 2 good suits.

there is no definition for a "good suit". some people might think a $ 200 suit is a good suit, others who's tailor is located in London's Savile Row might say "a good suit starts at £ 3,500".

and if you enter a tailorshop in Savile Row and demand two good suits for an ounce of gold you will be politely asked to sit down and wait for those friendly men in white who will adorn you with a white garment which has very long sleeves and long decorative tassels which they will knot together that you are comfortable.

av-11672.gif

But as I said... I have cooled on that idea...although with 37/1 in sight it is tempting
:lol:

take your time Flying! perhaps the [in]famous 16:1 is in the cards. so what if you have to use a few wheel barrow loads to shuffle your silver around? it might even be fun! :)

But as I said... I have cooled on that idea...although with 37/1 in sight it is tempting
:lol:

take your time Flying! perhaps the [in]famous 16:1 is in the cards. so what if you have to use a few wheel barrow loads to shuffle your silver around? it might even be fun! :)

I have a backhoe i can put at your disposal should you need it. Chok Dee!

'The prospects for precious metals will ultimately depend on the central banks determination to control inflation. If only it was so simple; but a higher interest rate environment will break the banks, which are full of dodgy loans dating from credit-crunch days. So what does a central banker do? Does he squeeze inflation out of the system, while governments slash their spending, or does he find another way of rigging the markets, while governments dither over their deteriorating finances?'

http://www.financeandeconomics.org/Articles%20archive/2011.03.07%20Crunchtime.htm

As the bankers sell massive amounts of silver( and gold ) they don't own the price will not stay down /

and if they cannot force it down They derserve everything they are about to recieve /

Have you learned nothing?

The bastards will get bailed out.

There are, IMO, believable ideas that Brown flogged off the UK gold at rock bottom prices to save a couple of banks with massive short positions that had to be covered.

As the bankers sell massive amounts of silver( and gold ) they don't own the price will not stay down /

and if they cannot force it down They derserve everything they are about to recieve /

There are, IMO, believable ideas that Brown flogged off the UK gold at rock bottom prices to save a couple of banks with massive short positions that had to be covered.

gentlemen,

please use some rudimentary maths or if you prefer use "rithmetics", calculate the potential losses incurred by JPM's alleged short position of 125mm ounces and compare them with bonuses paid recently.

10 dollars/ounce? peanuts! 20 dollars/ounce? peanuts too!

apocalyptic bubble pricked, case closed.

next horror story please to amuse the dàmn banksters.

:jap:

Well Argentina kept taking the banks losses and turning them into public debt. Finally the entire system collapsed. The USA government, took all the toxic debt the bank had, and put it on the tax payers backs, bought 2 bankrupt auto makers, and made that public debt, then loaned unlimited money to the banks at less than .5% interest, which they then bought government bonds at 3.5% interest, so the fed could then print more money.

Gee do you really think this Ponzi scheme will work??

I do not think JPM will be bailed out this time.

I am so glad I moved into silver 1.5 years ago...haven't made any money, just preserved what I have.

I am so glad I moved into silver 1.5 years ago...haven't made any money, just preserved what I have.

how did you manage not to make any money with silver gaining more than 100%? :o

196% actually .... ;)

a bottle of 1945 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild? a huge herd of sick buffaloes? a weekend in Macau? :huh:

196% actually .... ;)

there... there... Flying. pocket calculator broken? ;) sep9, 2008 closing price 16.90, today mar9, 2011 spot 35.91 = +112.49%

:jap: