• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone can explain this ? Look at the chart, which makes big jumps all day, but look especially at the difference between the numbers in the day's range and the numbers on the chart post-163350-0-47999900-1355938081_thumb.

Some powerful types making a Lot of money

Or loosing a lot trying to hold back a big move either way.

Big range but its look like the manipulation on day Facebook floated. Ie the move is on and an opposite bigger position is injected by the manipulator but then the market pulls it strait back the other way ; same yo yo like this.

Edited by mccw

Or loosing a lot trying to hold back a big move either way.

Big range but its look like the manipulation on day Facebook floated. Ie the move is on and an opposite bigger position is injected by the manipulator but then the market pulls it strait back the other way ; same yo yo like this.

The question was actually for an explanation of the difference between numbers on the chart and the numbers in the day range tabel.

The chart actually spikes to always the exact same number, 1725,70 $ while the day range tabel says it has reached a maximum of 1676 $ during the day.

IIf I look the same tabel this morning it it is still making this same spikes.post-163350-0-86115600-1355974009_thumb.

I'm sorry but I don't at all understand the importance of this. The mints of many countries have been issuing both gold and silver coins with face value legal tender amounts printed on them. Of course, no one in their right mind would try and spend them for the face value amount with is many many times less than the melt value of the metal.

For instance, the $1 US silver eagle which is 1oz of fine silver. An oz of Silver is over $30 an oz. Or the US eagles and buffalo. They are also 1 oz of gold and have face value of $50.

So you are saying that now the russians have joined the rest of the world in creating gold and silver coins with low values printed on them. 1 rub=1thb.. so the 1 oz silver coin is valued at 3thb. And the gold coins which are 1/4 and 1/2 oz are valued at 50thb and 100thb? What am I missing here? Obviously these have no intention of being used as legal tender unless the banks plan to sell these coins for the legal tender value printed on them. In which case, when's the next flight for Moscow?

Obviously these have no intention of being used as legal tender unless the banks plan to sell these coins for the legal tender value printed on them. In which case, when's the next flight for Moscow?

пожалуйста ( pozhaluysta) = here you are smile.png

A smart move by Russia to issue gold and silver coins as legal tender. Its another blow to the confidence of fiat currency. The Central Bank of Russia said:

The coins are legal tender cash payment in the Russian Federation
and must be accepted at face value in all kinds of payments without any restrictions

Central Bank of Russia issues gold and silver bullion pieces that ‘must be accepted’ as legal tender

http://www.dgcmagazine.com/central-bank-of-russia-issues-gold-and-silver-bullion-pieces-that-must-be-accepted-as-legal-tender/

Does this mean NATO will start trying to " remove " Putin now ?blink.png

and Jayman dont forget this.....

States To Use Gold and Silver as Legal Tender

While some states are moving toward this alternative currency, it opens the door for more states to become brave and put into place these legislative protections.

This move could simply and swiftly eliminate the Federal Reserve’s hold on America’s economic future.

Once their power is gone, it is only a matter of time before they literally disappear from the American landscape; liberating US citizens from their debt slavery.

intheclub.gif

http://theintelhub.c...s-legal-tender/

Edited by midas

First, the US has US mint issued gold/silver coins with legal tender values on them for more than a decade now. As I stated, no one in their right mind would try and spend them for the legal tender value on the coin. And no dealer (not even the mint) would sell them for that price. A $50 gold coin is being sold by the mint for $1800 usd.

Then you have those that actually took silver and minted their own coins to be used as legal tender in thier communities. They are now in jail for what the federal government deemed as counterfeiting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/us/liberty-dollar-creator-awaits-his-fate-behind-bars.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Every president in US history that has tried to tie fiat money to gold/silver has ended up with a bullet in the head.

The last one to try it, Kennedy, used executive order 11110 to back USD by silver. Silver certificates were printed and issued by the government (they look like normal fiat but have a blue seal on them). I even have some. Of course, after Kennedy got a bullet to the head the program was IMMEDIATELY ceased and all notes recalled from the banks. Even the notes that were at the presses were never released to the public.

It wasn't until Ron Reagan in 1987 that the exec order was actually repealed.

God bless America!

First, the US has US mint issued gold/silver coins with legal tender values on them for more than a decade now. As I stated, no one in their right mind would try and spend them for the legal tender value on the coin. And no dealer (not even the mint) would sell them for that price. A $50 gold coin is being sold by the mint for $1800 usd.

Then you have those that actually took silver and minted their own coins to be used as legal tender in thier communities. They are now in jail for what the federal government deemed as counterfeiting.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Every president in US history that has tried to tie fiat money to gold/silver has ended up with a bullet in the head.

The last one to try it, Kennedy, used executive order 11110 to back USD by silver. Silver certificates were printed and issued by the government (they look like normal fiat but have a blue seal on them). I even have some. Of course, after Kennedy got a bullet to the head the program was IMMEDIATELY ceased and all notes recalled from the banks. Even the notes that were at the presses were never released to the public.

God bless America!

but this doesnt apply to States ? The States can make their own gold and sliver coins and the Fed cant stop them ?

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/03/pf/states_currencies/

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

God bless America!

but this doesnt apply to States ? The States can make their own gold and sliver coins and the Fed cant stop them ?

http://money.cnn.com...tes_currencies/

Actually, it's states that are banned under Federal law and local communities that are allowed

Unlike individual communities, which are allowed to create their own currency-- as long as it is easily distinguishable from U.S. dollars -- the Constitution bans states from printing their own paper money or issuing their own currency. But it allows the states to make "gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts."

that didn't stop the feds from coming in and shutting it all down.

I believe Utah was the first state to recently try bringing out PM coins. Not really sure how it's progressing. I think basically what Utah did was say that US minted gold/silver coins could be used at their market value and not just for the low face value printed on the coin. They also passed a law that allows the coins to be taxed as fiat money thereby eliminating the capital gains tax.

Edited by Jayman

am back in today, anyone more ?

good luck with this one, as I see it going down 1550 and more likely below but this is just chart reading. Since volume is going to dry out over the next 10 days or so it is probably easy to "fix" the price upwards again given there is an interest for this from institutions and commercials. This is years end book closing period for institutions and they are all keen to polish up to a decent performance in order to attract new investors for next year and Gold is one of the few markets where profits can be taken out compensating losses elsewhere. I don't think this slide is finished before squeezing more people out.

good luck with this one, as I see it going down 1550 and more likely below but this is just chart reading. Since volume is going to dry out over the next 10 days or so it is probably easy to "fix" the price upwards again given there is an interest for this from institutions and commercials. This is years end book closing period for institutions and they are all keen to polish up to a decent performance in order to attract new investors for next year and Gold is one of the few markets where profits can be taken out compensating losses elsewhere. I don't think this slide is finished before squeezing more people out.

sounds good..well lets hope it going down more so i can buy a couple hundred bath more :)

sounds good..well lets hope it going down more so i can buy a couple hundred bath more smile.png

The same argument of going back in might have applied at several drop points during the last year. Funny how we never hear about these and also implausible that a gold bug will keep their assets in cash for any length of time waiting for the price to drop. More a case here of whistling in the dark.

sounds good..well lets hope it going down more so i can buy a couple hundred bath more smile.png

The same argument of going back in might have applied at several drop points during the last year. Funny how we never hear about these and also implausible that a gold bug will keep their assets in cash for any length of time waiting for the price to drop. More a case here of whistling in the dark.

You should know that the best keepers are standing behind the goal smile.png

Tiny gold bars latest rage for jittery investors

Private investors in Switzerland, Austria and Germany are lining up to buy gold bars the size of a credit card that can easily be broken into one gram pieces and used as payment in an emergency.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/21/swiss-gold-idUSL5E8NL4N820121221

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eek_854zw_4&feature=player_embedded

Tiny gold bars latest rage for jittery investors

Private investors in Switzerland, Austria and Germany are lining up to buy gold bars the size of a credit card that can easily be broken into one gram pieces and used as payment in an emergency.

http://www.reuters.c...E8NL4N820121221

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eek_854zw_4&feature=player_embedded

And just to think, each of those 1 gram pieces worth about $50. Like a Hershey bar but gold.. I want one.

Where is gold going?

Up towards the February US debt ceiling fight?

I need to sell in UK to rebuy in Thai, thinking I'll hold until price goes up a bit.

Anyone see a drop?

I was hoping the fiscal cliff break down might of provided a rally but the divisions evident now should play out to more servier effect in feb I think

Where is gold going?

I need to sell in UK to rebuy in Thai, thinking I'll hold until price goes up a bit.

Anyone see a drop?

I was hoping the fiscal cliff break down might of provided a rally but the divisions evident now should play out to more servier effect in feb I think

If you subscribe to elliot wave theory then gold will be dropping to the 1580 area the first few months of 2013

Where is gold going?

Anyone see a drop?

If you subscribe to elliot wave theory then gold will be dropping to the 1580 area the first few months of 2013

And then what?

Where is gold going?

Anyone see a drop?

And then what?

Then we start the wave up.

As it's the start of a new major wave cycle it's too soon to determine.

Does it apply to silver as well? And if so should external factors such as those discussed here take a secondary role to the theory of the wave?

Macleod states that massive amounts of physical gold and silver have been flowing to Asia, and that the latest bank participation report indicates massive problems are brewing for the banksters in the COMEX silver market. With cartel shorts near a record at just under 300 million net ounces, yet with the silver price substantially lower than the 2011 high, Macleod believes that we are quite likely to have a failure on COMEX and in the silver market in particular.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/alasdair-macleod-we-are-quite-likely-to-have-a-failure-on-comex-in-the-silver-market/

Edited by midas

Does it apply to silver as well? And if so should external factors such as those discussed here take a secondary role to the theory of the wave?

Macleod states that massive amounts of physical gold and silver have been flowing to Asia, and that the latest bank participation report indicates massive problems are brewing for the banksters in the COMEX silver market. With cartel shorts near a record at just under 300 million net ounces, yet with the silver price substantially lower than the 2011 high, Macleod believes that we are quite likely to have a failure on COMEX and in the silver market in particular.

http://www.silverdoc...-silver-market/

I am not a wave theory expert but I'm just passing on what their analysis is and that is that the current wave cycle will complete in the 1580's area during the first few months of 2013. Of course there are rules to EW and if price action goes outside the rules it invalidates the current cycle. No one is using tarrot cards to predict the future, but you guys should understand that the BIG money players don't just throw darts at a board and use technical analysis to determine when to enter and exit the markets. It's when these big money players make moves that the market reacts the most. They watch certain levels and put their limits and stops accordingly. This is the reason with fibo levels hold so well. The big money trades on higher TF charts, not the short scalping charts.

I'm not here to convince anyone to buy or sell anything. You guys do what you want. Just offering some information. Take it or leave it.

Edited by Jayman

Theorising, I think the previously talked about yoyo yoyos was manipulation to keep gold down in the face of demand due to the fiscal cliff deal break down. So now expecting a move lower to enable the shorts to be closed. Maybe the 1580 will come in then, coincidently or not for the Elliot wave. Personally I'm not thinking it too likely to go so low. But what the hell- all the reasons it should be moving steadily higher are not effecting as such so anything could be on how its decided. Only a major incident will break the 16-1750 odd range now I think.

http://www.silverdoc...-silver-market/

"Macleod believes"... coffee1.gif