Skate Boards

kangeroo

Hello everyone , i need some help in finding a place that might sell skate boards , i have a couple of rai that is just up from where i live near Korat i intend to make a concrete ramp so that the kids in the area have someting to do and it would be a bit of fun without breaking the bank. So where would i be able to buy about 20 skate boards and some safety gear .. helmets arm guards ect , in pataya Korat or bkk . I really didnt want to buy it all in australia as the price would be over the top .

Thankyou for any help .

I have never seen a quality skateboard in Thailand. The ones sold in stores can't be used on a ramp the wheels are to hard and slick. Buy rollerblades. Alot easier to learn and safer.

I'd also make the ramp out of wood. The kids won't loose so many teeth.

meandwi

same never seen any in thailand i brought mine over from AUS........you can find good quality ones but no name brands from places like Rebel sport for

around $30 AUD.......is that in your budget??? can i come use your ramp?? when its built??? :o

i could teach the kids how to ride!

Big C, I n the sports shop on the 2nd floor now sell them and the gear,

and the shopping complex next to tesco north on sukumvit,IN PATTAYA have a a shop on the 2nd floor with the latest gear and boards, but both are a bit xxxy,

i brought 2 back for my kids from tweed hds, for 50 bucks each,they fitted in my bag,cheaper than in thailand,TRY A GOOGLE FOR SKATE BOARDS in thailand,

20 boards would cost a bit,buying that many should give a good dicount,and having them and gear in stock may be a prob,if u are passing through.

maybe cheaper to teach them cricket,i have seen on sport channels here where the bkk kids travel the asian circut competing,so there mist be good shops in bkk.

good luck

cat

There's a small shop in MBK shopping centre in Bangkok that has what appears to be quite good skateboards. They sell trucks, wheels etc. as well.

I think they used to sell quarter pipes in the big sports shop in Central Chidlom - maybe you could get someone to call them and ask. Some time ago there was a Red Bull skate park that they built on a bit of land in Sathorn - not sure if it's still there or if it was a temporary affair for a competition or something. Why not speak to Red Bull, tell them what you had in mind and see if they're interested in helping out - does no harm to ask.

I agree with the comment above about making whatever you're gonna make out of wood, not concrete.

yes thanks for the replies, i will check out a few shops for the gear . about the ramp probably would be better made from wood even though there are some really good concrete ones near my home in Australia that work well not to mention steel also works well .

Have bought excellent boards, wheels etc at the skate ramp at Duck Square behind Big C Pattaya Tai Road. Opens around 4 pm each day and is a type of kids hang out run by social workers. Try that - not cheap but good quality

There is a real need for a quality skate park. Get a Pro skater to design it though.

Esplenade Plaza is the place to go for quality gear. It won't be cheap, but if you're trying to give something back to the community, is that your priority?

ZZD

thanks for the tip ordered a heap of gear and they also will send someone up to give me a hand in designing something . and yes its just to get a few people together that would have the same interest and help a few kids .

cheers.

Have bought excellent boards, wheels etc at the skate ramp at Duck Square behind Big C Pattaya Tai Road. Opens around 4 pm each day and is a type of kids hang out run by social workers. Try that - not cheap but good quality

As mentioned above 'The Crossing' (next to 'Wranglers' Harley shop, Duck Square) as a small range of imported skate gear. You need to speak to Waan, Bey or Bobby. There is in fact a well established skate scene in Thailand. The local government in Sri Racha recently spent 5 million baht building a skate park on Koh Loy. There is a slightly derelict Red Bull park in Chiang Rai and numerous places in Bangkok. Thai skaters often feature in the 'X-games' events around SE Asia. Another good contact is ESA (the Extreme Sports Association of Thailand) you can get info from Bobby at The Crossing as he has organised regional events with them in the past. There are two skaters and one inline skater that have represented the Thai national team that hang out at the Crossing. The two skaters, Noo-ay and Stan, would also be good contacts for you.

As mentioned above 'The Crossing' (next to 'Wranglers' Harley shop, Duck Square) as a small range of imported skate gear. You need to speak to Waan, Bey or Bobby. There is in fact a well established skate scene in Thailand. The local government in Sri Racha recently spent 5 million baht building a skate park on Koh Loy. There is a slightly derelict Red Bull park in Chiang Rai and numerous places in Bangkok. Thai skaters often feature in the 'X-games' events around SE Asia. Another good contact is ESA (the Extreme Sports Association of Thailand) you can get info from Bobby at The Crossing as he has organised regional events with them in the past. There are two skaters and one inline skater that have represented the Thai national team that hang out at the Crossing. The two skaters, Noo-ay and Stan, would also be good contacts for you.

Yes just behind Big C South Pattaya. Juan or Bobby will even give you some free instruction.

Barry