Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

The Israel and Hamas War (pt3)

• Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

• All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.

• Anyone found to be deliberately diverting or derailing discussion with off topic rants could have their posting ability removed.
  •  
  • No name calling or inflammatory terms will be tolerated.

This is a continuation of the previous two topics and can be used for general updates and discussion.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1312538-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt2/

Interesting article here on the complexities and dangers of providing humanitarian aid food, etc in war zones. Distribution, crowds turning into mobs, threats from Hamas as they are dressed in civilian clothing.

I Have Delivered Aid in War Zones. They Were the Missions We Feared Most | Opinion

I watched the aerial footage of the disaster surrounding the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) attempt to deliver aid to Northern Gaza last Thursday in horror. While the complete details are unknown and awaiting further IDF investigation.

Soldiers always have the right of self-defense. That must never be taken from them. In urban areas, especially those still active war zones, the threats are everywhere. In the case of Gaza where heavy fighting continues, threats can be snipers, rocket propelled grenades. We know Hamas dressed in civilian clothes have been walking up to armored vehicles to place magnet bombs and fire into the crowd during aid distribution.

https://www.newsweek.com/i-have-delivered-aid-war-zones-they-were-missions-we-feared-most-opinion-1876536

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The following is a list of United Nations resolutions concerning Israel. As of 2023, the State of Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel

When was Hamas formed? Do you have a list of all the war crimes they have committed?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2024 at 3:23 PM, Jeff the Chef said:

Founded in 1987, Hamas opposed the secular approach of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, rejected attempts to cede any part of Palestine, and embraced the use of violence, including acts of terrorism, as a means to achieve its goals.

War crimes by Hamas, more than enough, but nothing compared to Israel since it's inception, mind you Israel had a 40 year head start.

Disagree. Everytime Hamas has fires a rocket into Israel it is a war crime. There have been tens of thousands of rockets.

Even Palestinian officials acknowledged Hamas’ rockets were war crimes. “Each and every missile against Israel constitutes a crime against humanity whether it hits or misses, because it is directed at civilian targets.”

https://www.standwithus.com/factsheets-hamas-war-crimes

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Graphic descriptions of sexual violence The @UN report has confirmed what we already knew:

• Hamas raped Israeli women before murdering them.
  • There are cases of Hamas terrorists raping corpses
  • Women hostages have been subjected to rape and horrific sexual violence.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Don't know why his off topic stuff about women's day is allowed but on the rape topic. 

Palestinian women and girls have been subjected to sexual assaults, including rape, while in Israeli detention

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/22/claims-of-israeli-sexual-assault-of-palestinian-women-are-credible-un-panel-says

You may want it to be off topic but that's just you trolling, here it is again, just for you:

"Today, International Women's Day, women around the world unite in solidarity with their Israeli sisters who were kidnapped, raped, and brutally murdered on October 7th. No woman should ever endure such horrors at the hands of terrorists."

• Thanks 1

Meme removed.

Please note the title of this topic is "discussion" Posting pictures/artwork or stickers etc. is not "discussion" and they will be removed. 

If you choose to include them as part of a response then provided they are suitable (not trolling etc), they should include a link to its source.

To be clear, part of a response not used as the sole response.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Did it not say in the post "War crimes by Hamas, more than enough, but nothing compared to Israel since it's inception, mind you Israel had a 40 year head start."

So you are admitting that Hamas has committed far more war crimes than Israel or do you need to read my post again

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You forgot half the story.

The celebration of International Women’s Day coincides this year with the continuation of Israeli aggression against Palestinian people, including women, especially in the Gaza Strip.

The world counts again the increasing death toll in Gaza from Israeli strikes targeting civilians, thus breaching international humanitarian law. Over 31,000 people have been killed, including 10,000 women, and thousands wounded since October 7th, 2023.

https://www.globalministries.org/the-ywca-of-palestine-international-womens-day-statement-2024/

https://www.palestine-australia.com/highlights/news/2024/factsheet-international-womens-day/

I forgot nothing. Stop telling what I forgot

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stop troll8ng and read a few posts up. Where I first posted it

I see she made not one whisper of empathy towards Palestinian women. How gracious of her.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

What surprisingly few people know is that Israel actively helped create and supported Hamas, in order to weaken Arafat's PLO. The strategy was to use this engineered terrorism threat to justify retaliation and the implementation of the occupation as per the Greater Israel plan (cf. Oded Yinon's book The Zionist Plan for the Middle East, 1982) and stall the creation of a Palestinian state.

The Intercept wrote a good piece about it (pasting excerpts and the link below).

Andrew Higgins also wrote a very good article for The Wall Street Journal on the matter in 2009, How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas, I am not posting it here as it is accessible behind a paywall, but I recommend it to those interested in furthering their knowledge on the issue.

BLOWBACK: HOW ISRAEL WENT FROM HELPING CREATE HAMAS TO BOMBING IT
“Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel’s creation,” Avner Cohen, a former Israeli religious affairs official who worked in Gaza for more than two decades, told the Wall Street Journal in 2009. Back in the mid-1980s, Cohen even wrote an official report to his superiors warning them not to play divide-and-rule in the Occupied Territories, by backing Palestinian Islamists against Palestinian secularists. “I … suggest focusing our efforts on finding ways to break up this monster before this reality jumps in our face,” he wrote.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/19/hamas-israel-palestine-conflict/

It is common knowledge that Israel helped create Hamas , Israel viewed Hamas as a moderate group whom it could have talks with . 

Hamas formed a military  wing and  double crossed Israel and turned into a terrorists group and began attacking Israel 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1