What Is Your Actual Profession?

Unomi:
...learning more about practical machine engineering / robotics.

I believe that the Japanese have already created, but not perfected, what we might recognize as a "robot bar girl." Just put a coin in the slot?

Treborz:

I'm too young and don't have the financial clout to live in Thailand at the moment....plus i dont trust myself to live there and actually earn a living lol.

You'd be surprised how little it takes to click over here. But that assumes you can avoid the money-sucking sword-swallowers. And yes, this is very much a place that tweaks the lotus eater in us all.

BigC, if you are miffed at being lumped in with undesirables, (no one singled you out, by the way) you could easily contribute constructively by posting what it is you do, or, per my original question, what it is you did before you came here or what you were trained to do. Seriously, "sword fighter" doesn't cut it.

If that isn't possible, why not give the field you are in? Or are you doing something you ought not to be?

More to the point, if anyone is concerned that revealing what they do will disturb their real lives, don't post anything.

please don't make this man a moderator we have had 2 world wars already

so who made u captain of this ship. i think you are someone i would like to talk face to face with.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civil engineer in my first life, now solar engineer, plumber and electrician in my second life. Had no idea of these topics two years ago but now I am the one-eyed among the blind :D .

Go to electrician school on Samui. :o

You poor sucker, I dont get it... help me out.

not an easy question to pose Mark!.........as most people are not likely to want to tell.Why? cos , most farang living in thailand are on the run from something in their lives,mostly running from themselves i'e.divorce, bankruptcy,crims on the run,down and outs on their last dollar,pound or euro.Pedo's,deviants.You dont get well healed,brain surgeons,multi millionaires here and only a few here are working for thai or foriegn firms.My apologies to all those happily married ex pats to thai ladies,i have not included you in the list.

As for me,i was taught to wipe my bum and blow my nose..........i took it from there.

people wouldn't be living here becuase it is tropical parradise maybe trying to make a better life for them selves in 30 degrea heat sunshine and women.

\

maybe there are alot of people running but i get sick of people steriotyping me. Maybe not you but people in general assuming i am from a naughty back ground just becuase i have been here a while. so not i am bored of the same question. " what do i do out here" now i just lie and tell them what they want to here ." i am a arms dealer. normally shuts them up.

truth is i am on the run form a man dress like a chicken who is a masscote for some low league basket ball team. apparenty i insaulted him by calling his monther a turkey

am not sure if this thread is meant to be funny or serious,my post was more "tongue in cheek"

What did I do before?

I was dictator of a small Central American banana republic, but took a leave of absence to live here awhile to see how a real top-notch one operates.

In the near future, I hope to go back, strengthen my grip on the divisive factions (you know, hi-so/low-so folks), sue a few more newspapers, hold another fake election with yours truly at the head of the one remaining political party, and beef up the no-criticism laws of my office. After that, I plan to move the capital city to some remote jungle location per instructions from my personal fortune-teller (the latter idea bolstered from a clever move by the army's buddies next door).

Oh, and one more thing: As soon as I can extradite my country's former populist PM and slap his generous a$$ in jail, truly all will be well.

Regards,

TT

P.S. If thrown out by a rival coup (likely), I plan to high-tail it back here and retire, incognito, to Samui's Big Buddha Beach. The cheap resorts and local-made sato are heaven on earth!

:o

Edited by toptuan

Unomi:

I believe that the Japanese have already created, but not perfected, what we might recognize as a "robot bar girl." Just put a coin in the slot?

Err and your point is what?

Err, it was an apparently poor stab at humor. Samui, bargirls, robots...oh, well...

BigC:

so who made u captain of this ship.

I started the thread, so I believe that gives me some leeway to request (unsuccessfully it seems) that the replies mirror some level of honesty.

i think you are someone i would like to talk face to face with.

Why? So you can sword fight me? Or just tired of typing?

Very good thread Mark

i disagree with a lot you say but this could actually be fun and helpful, understanding peoples previous and current expertise can only be a positive as certain situations may arise which necessitate some help from forum 'friends'.

Me? started in banking, insurance claims, insurance sales, estate agency, retail management, tennis coaching (ECA), banking again, accounting (MAAT), property development, tennis coaching again (never really stopped) now residing in the lap of luxury(not) but enjoying life in my own little paradise

Cheers :o

Unomi:

Err and your point is what?

Err, it was an apparently poor stab at humor. Samui, bargirls, robots...oh, well...

BigC:

so who made u captain of this ship.

I started the thread, so I believe that gives me some leeway to request (unsuccessfully it seems) that the replies mirror some level of honesty.

i think you are someone i would like to talk face to face with.

Why? So you can sword fight me? Or just tired of typing?

well i don't want to meet you to learn how to type. as for starting a thread like this one. ask a silly question get what ever answer you get but don't complain

• 2 weeks later...

BigC wrote:

...ask a silly question get (sic) what ever (sic) answer you get but don't complain.

Here is the silly question again:

I was wondering what you folks out there actually do. I don't mean what you do now in Thailand, unless, like me, it is the same you have always done.

Sorry, in future I will try to be more serious. I don't know what came over me when I thought to start this inane thread.