Deal Or No Deal

SebD

My missus is hooked on Noel (people die to get on my show) Edmonds' latest foray onto the small screen with his luck-based cash (anything between £0.01p up to £250,000) panel game.

Apparently, it's now travelled to LOS where the prize ranges from 25 Sataeng to 1,000,000Bht.

Anyone know what channel and at what times it's broadcast?

Keeps her qiuiet and not eating for 45mins each day.

Fanx. :o

Apparently it's called เอาหรือไม่เอา in Thai, so Google for that and let the missus decode the results page. Seems to be on ThaiTV3.

(BTW: When they open the boxes... do they go "BOINNNNG" ?)

Edited by phaethon

Apparently it's called เอาหรือไม่เอา in Thai, so Google for that and let the missus decode the results page. Seems to be on ThaiTV3.

Thanks Phaethon.

Have followed your lead and found loads of sites that I don't understand.

Unfortunately, neither duz my lady.

She being a "jungle" girl and never having attended school (padi fields and bamboo harvesting from the age of 6 or 8 - she can't remember which, exactly), she can't read or write in Thai, even.

But it's a great lead and grateful to ya.

I used to have a "Translate this page" button at the top of my web-pages, but it's gone (or it doesn't cover Thai characters, perhaps).

Anyway, I'll persevere and maybe someone else here will have a similar situation but with someone who can read Thai and confirm which channel and the timings of the programme.

It's only a small thing, but she does get a buzz from the daft show and I like to see her excitement/disappointment. Plus, both her and her Thai family would love to see a Thai version when we're over there.

Thanks again. :o

PS. You'll have to explain the "Boinnng" pun. Is that a Thai fing? :D

PS. You'll have to explain the "Boinnng" pun. Is that a Thai fing? :D

It isn't a pun, it's a way of life.

Boinnng

Thanks for the smart reply and the time & effort you took to dispel my ignorance. :D

But thanks for the "bump" too.

Oops. I did it again. :o

Edited by SebD

^^^ If you can copy/paste from the internet pages - try using www.thai2english.com. On the home page you can enter several lines of Thai text and get the Thai pronounciation as well as the English translation.

It won't explain the Boinnng thing though - you will have to watch a couple of Thai TV comedy shows to understand that. (the boinnng lets you know when it's time to laugh)

Thanks for the smart reply and the time & effort you took to dispel my ignorance. :o

No problem.

Because of the gracious thanks you have bestowed on me, I have taken the time to find a thread that may explain what the boinng noise is about.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/boing-Noise-t216010.html

Given enough time I'm sure that we could teach you what a pun is too.

Thanks for al he positive replies.

I'm not at journey's end yet, but appreciating the fun/frustrations of playing detective (beats playing Sudoku, leastways).

Sooner or later, I'm hoping that I'll either find the details for myself or a fellow board-member will be able to point me straight at it.

Meanwhile, I look forward to being taught lots of interesting things, here, having already learned the meaning of "Boinnng".

Cheers lads and lasses. :o

I'm not at journey's end yet, but appreciating the fun/frustrations of playing detective (beats playing Sudoku, leastways).

Sooner or later, I'm hoping that I'll either find the details for myself or a fellow board-member will be able to point me straight at it.

Meanwhile, I look forward to being taught lots of interesting things, here, having already learned the meaning of "Boinnng".

Cheers lads and lasses. :D

In return for the kind hearts and good advice offered by TV members, perhaps you could reciprocate.

What, for example, do the following mean?

- fanx

- duz

- ya

- fing

Or do TV members also need a "Translate this page" button at the top of their webpages :o

Edited by jackspratt

Cheers lads and lasses. :D

In return for the kind hearts and good advice offered by TV members, perhaps you could reciprocate.

What, for example, do the following mean?

- fanx

- duz

- ya

- fing

Or do TV members also need a "Translate this page" button at the top of their webpages :o

You can figure them out.

Jeez, do you understand the phrase "anally retentive".

Met some wnkrs, especially on the net, in my time, but some of you guys on this particular board take the proverbial.

Get a fkn life.

As phaethon said, according to here it's called เอาหรือไม่เอา in Thai and was shown on Thai TV3.

Searching Thai TV3 gives this link: http://www.thaitv3.com/variety/dealorondeal.html but it's dead. Maybe the show was cancelled? :o

As phaethon said, according to here it's called เอาหรือไม่เอา in Thai and was shown on Thai TV3.

Searching Thai TV3 gives this link: http://www.thaitv3.com/variety/dealorondeal.html but it's dead. Maybe the show was cancelled? :o

Yeah, thanks again folks.

Pity the link is down Katana.

Maybe you're right and it's either been dropped or their run has finished and they've been outbid by another station.

Can't imagine the show not being popular in LOS as it seems to be almost as big as "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". The type of show to run and run.

Someone will have actually seen the Thai version, sooner or later and be able to fill in the current gaps - or, at least, confirm if it has been dropped due to low ratings or whatever.

Cheers for finding that, tho. :D