Government House Damages Estimated At Bt100 Million

womble

Perm Disorder I suggest you go home and study some more mate and all the other anti PAD folks. I didn't say I was totally pro PAD but I do know a lot about the history of Thai politics and following the PAD is not 'Nazi propaganda'

yep, now my often asked question to the pro PAD apologist:

where you got your informations from? i would like to read some texts from academics, political scientists, international observers, independent media and so on who can explain to me that the PAD is somehow good, cool and do the right things. is there a website, where some academics or other wise people explain why PAD is peaceful and exactly that what thailand needs?

and you claim to know a lot about the history of thai politics. sounds like the three other PAD apologists here in this thread. they murmur about the history books one have to read to be able to understand. do you know any of such books? can recommend me one, or two?

so what we anti PAD folks should exactly read for our study? to become so smart like you are. and why you don't share your knowledge if you know so much and we know so little.

there are many similarities between the PAD movement and the pre '33 nazi movement in germany or other fascists movements in europe. PAD got called backward and reactionary*, a semi-fascist farce*, ultra-nationalist right- wing*, Fascist Party* even month before they start to beat people to death in the streets of bangkok.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...can someone leech in their monkey soon? This is getting tiresome.

And PD, you write 'beat people to death in the streets of bangkok', which is it happens is a lie. One man, in a volontary street fight, has died at the direct hands of yellow opponents. That is 'a person'. Not 'people'.

Compare that to how many of the yellow that has died so far.

There is no point arguing

International media show "yellow" people with guns, aggressive behavior, beating up innocent by-standers. Local media show happy stay-at-home mothers with their toddlers.

You know who is Sondhi ? When he's looking for ad money, he claims to reach 10 millions Thais. Do you really think these 10M people get an objective view of what's really going on ?

Anyway, if you don't read the foreign press, it's difficult to know what's really happening in Thailand. But if you can read the foreign press, you're most probably abroad.

Edited by Pierrot

And PD, you write 'beat people to death in the streets of bangkok', which is it happens is a lie. One man, in a volontary street fight, has died at the direct hands of yellow opponents.

Would that be the guy that a bunch of yellows beat up, killed and dumped in klong because he wanted to go home?

Real peaceful man. :o

Rumor and inuendo.

The same crap continues.

Disinformation to make the other side look as bad as the side you favor.

What a wonderful rationalization.

The deaths except one, have been on the yellow side.

Including a man pull out of his car and killed because his SON

was not pro red, so assumed to be pro PAD.

Would that be the guy that a bunch of yellows beat up, killed and dumped in klong because he wanted to go home?

Source, please.

i think it's about the case that got covered in this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Man-Caught-C...-G-t227244.html

the entries there don't give the latest update - if he died or survived in the ICU. if he is alive you can make your point that ulysses did hyperbolised it.

maybe you could team up with other TVmembers and visit him at the hospital , explain him that " sometimes it is necessary for a bit of disruption" and " this had to happen for Thailand to progress".

And PD, you write 'beat people to death in the streets of bangkok', which is it happens is a lie. One man, in a volontary street fight, has died at the direct hands of yellow opponents. That is 'a person'. Not 'people'.

@TWAP

i don't asking you where your evidence came from that the dead was a street fighter, it's pointless to discuss that with you. but you can not justify this yellow violence with finger pointing on others. it is still disgusting and wrong. is that so difficult to understand?

and in your bizarre logic you are right. only the 55 years old man died at the direct hands of yellow opponents that night. others died later and in the hand of the nurses at the hospitel. white coats, not yellow. one point for you.

but if you bring volontary & death in one line, ask chamlong and sondhi about warriors in last and final battles, sacrifices, "before we die, we must repay the debt to our motherland." check the Ideology of the death cult PAD.

@TWAP

i don't asking you where your evidence came from that the dead was a street fighter, it's pointless to discuss that with you. but you can not justify this yellow violence with finger pointing on others. it is still disgusting and wrong. is that so difficult to understand?

and in your bizarre logic you are right. only the 55 years old man died at the direct hands of yellow opponents that night. others died later and in the hand of the nurses at the hospitel. white coats, not yellow. one point for you.

but if you bring volontary & death in one line, ask chamlong and sondhi about warriors in last and final battles, sacrifices, "before we die, we must repay the debt to our motherland." check the Ideology of the death cult PAD.

I realize you have issues reading text and comprehending the meaning, but I never called the man a street fighter. I called the bruha between the two camps as a 'street fight' as it was 'fightings in the street'.

You seem however to have problems understanding that his death isn't justified. Not in any way like you and your friend justify that everyone in the yellow camp that died could have 'avoided it by walking away'. But you don't use those words to describe this single mans death. Instead it's harped that he was 'murdered' (not in any legal term, absolutely not).

And you claim I have some bizarre logic since I claim only one died. If others have died, post sources about that! I haven't heard about about anyone else, EVEN in hospital. so NO, I don't claim others have died at the hands of 'white coats' (doctors). That is a dishonest and disgusting way to pervert someones arguments.

Put up or shut up, seriously. Post links of other deaths and educate us all.

How long will mods allow this perpetual troll, this destructive poster, to continue?

Face facts. Everyone knew where to find the yellows as they caused havoc wherever they went - The reds would have been more difficult to track down. There are plenty of press photos of PAD beating up and shooting at all and sundry, so claiming that they are "peaceful" is a load of crap.

If they killed less people than the reds, it was not from lack of trying. Both sides are equally as violent. :D

a728195747hx1.jpg

a728195752sk6.jpg

There they are, the "peaceful" PAD good guys who wouldn't hurt a fly!

The man at the top was later found dead - dumped in a klong. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Source, please.

i think it's about the case that got covered in this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Man-Caught-C...-G-t227244.html

the entries there don't give the latest update - if he died or survived in the ICU. if he is alive you can make your point that ulysses did hyperbolised it.

maybe you could team up with other TVmembers and visit him at the hospital , explain him that " sometimes it is necessary for a bit of disruption" and " this had to happen for Thailand to progress".

Thanks for the source. I'm not actually interested in weighing in to the accusation-counter accusation stuff any more. I think it's all been said. I am interested, however, in knowing the sources of the various claims and whether they are reliable or hearsay or questionable. I think I'm losing interest in that, too, as events move on. However, I'm intrigued at the source of the images and accusations referred to in this thread.

I couldn't find anything on the internet, but they appear on the seedang.com website, which appears to be aimed at young people and is somewhat colourful, to say the least. I couldn't find the images on that website either, but that might be my fault.

I don't think I'd place much credence on a website like seedang.com. It claims to be politically neutral and, it does, in fact, have a "Club Phantamit" sub-forum. It also sells red shirts with anti-PAD messages ("I hate rebellion. Get it?"). They seem like a fun site for young people, but not a reliable source for anything. (They're happy to offend, too. Their logo is a jatukharm ramathep with red paint splashed on it.)

But, to repeat, I think it's all been said.

Thanks for the source. I'm not actually interested in weighing in to the accusation-counter accusation stuff any more. I think it's all been said. I am interested, however, in knowing the sources of the various claims and whether they are reliable or hearsay or questionable. I think I'm losing interest in that, too, as events move on. However, I'm intrigued at the source of the images and accusations referred to in this thread.

I couldn't find anything on the internet, but they appear on the seedang.com website, which appears to be aimed at young people and is somewhat colourful, to say the least. I couldn't find the images on that website either, but that might be my fault.

I don't think I'd place much credence on a website like seedang.com. It claims to be politically neutral and, it does, in fact, have a "Club Phantamit" sub-forum. It also sells red shirts with anti-PAD messages ("I hate rebellion. Get it?"). They seem like a fun site for young people, but not a reliable source for anything. (They're happy to offend, too. Their logo is a jatukharm ramathep with red paint splashed on it.)

yes, nothing wrong to ask for the source and be sceptic and have doubts. and me too would not give so much credit to the seedangdotcom website. it's more like a webcommunity and someone from there must have picked up the photos from news agency to make that little web leaflet. i prefer the original sources.

sorry if my reply had been to rude, we never came across each other before, i don't know your 'history of arguments' but the picture appeared a couple of days ago here in the forum and got immediately some dumb replies by people never present a back up or source for their own stories.

the photos seems to be from Reuters(click on pic to see them on yahoo news):

r1611496033jpgx400y289qjq6.jpg

caption: An anti-government demonstrator chases after a suspected pro-government supporter in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 1, 2008. Thailand's anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is moving the headquarters of its campaign to Bangkok's two main airports, which it occupied last week, a spokesman said on Monday. REUTERS/Stringer (THAILAND) Mon Dec 1, 6:31 AM ET

ra2703974148jpgx400y238zo8.jpg

caption: Anti-government demonstrators detain a suspected pro-government supporter in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 1, 2008. REUTERS/Stringer Mon Dec 1, 9:17 AM ET

r1886342937dr7.jpg

caption: An anti-government demonstrator kicks a suspected pro-government supporter after detaining him in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 1, 2008. Thailand's anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is moving the headquarters of its campaign to Bangkok's two main airports, which it occupied last week, a spokesman said on Monday. REUTERS/Stringer (THAILAND) Mon Dec 1, 6:32 AM ET

i saw also pictures where the man got rescued by an ambulance team. this was on a thai newspaper site in thai language and only links to english language sites are allowed by the rules.

but the other TV forum thread i mentioned before contains such links and a Mods gave a short translation.

The Nation wrote on 3.12. 2008:

"PAD guards accused of violence at besieged airport

Yesterday morning, rescue workers found Chaiwat Maleerak, 24, with a gunshot wound to his back and a knife wound under his chin, in a ditch near the airport. He remains unconscious at Nopparat Ratchathani hospital.

It was suspected Chaiwat might be the same man seen earlier being chased by PAD guards who accused him of being an undercover pro-government supporter at the airport.

The man asked for help from media members at a broadcast van behind the airport's parking lot, telling them he feared for his safety and wanted to go to his home in Phitsanulok.

While talking, the man spotted the guards and started to run but he was apprehended and beaten.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/topstory/r...newsid=30090042

The Nation get sometimes things wrong, reuters photographers not everything right. that the man only wanted to leave the PAD team or if he have been a 'spy', who knows if that is the final true without a proper investigation. but the two english papers here are not famous for follow up stories. maybe he had done something wrong and criminal, is a thief or was agressive. one is for sure, such a treatment , self and street justice by the PAD guards nobody deserve. that he wanted to go home and leave PAD was reported in Thai newspaper.

other combat casualties and incidents are as long not PAD martyr quickly forgotten. unclear reports in the newspaper, unsolved questions. shootings, few weeks ago a dead body found near the government house was maybe unrelated or not.

but topic is the government house. in the pantip forum i saw tons of pictures and this doesn't look for me like a set up by government officials. to make it look like that you need a horde of campers for a couple of weeks.

the other Photos are coming from AP (click on pics to see them on yahoo news)

capt5feaf69a914b4b0dab8lw5.jpgcaptac3ec0c3d3634c3cbefgo5.jpg

caption: Supporters of anti-government surround an alleged pro-government supporter and rough him up at the besieged Suvarnabhumi international airport in Bangkok, Monday, Dec. 1, 2008. Thousands of travelers continued to be stranded in Thailand as its international terminals continued to be held by anti-government protestors. (AP Photo/Vincent Thian)

capt7b0e9ac6855b4935ac9ve3.jpg

caption:Anti-government supporters chase press photographers out after they captured a pro-government supporter, not seen, at the besieged Suvarnabhumi international airport in Bangkok, Monday, Dec. 1, 2008. Thousands of travelers continued to be stranded in Thailand as its international terminals continued to be held by anti-government protestors. (AP Photo/Vincent Thian)

International media show "yellow" people with guns, aggressive behavior, beating up innocent by-standers. Local media show happy stay-at-home mothers with their toddlers.

Yep, that's the crux, and that's why I don't trust international media anymore.

"Innocent bystanders" is not how I would describe the Red man who died in attack on Makkawan bridge two months ago, or taxi drivers who ambushed PAD convoy, or alleged traitor found in the midst of PAD guards and later shot.

Pictures of violence commited by PAD guards are not censored out in Thailand, everyone has seen them, but it's the only image projected by the international media, no mothers with toddlers there. All they present is armed guards, not the supporters themselves.

May I remind forum members that PAD has armed their guards only after Reds went on a bloody rampage across the country and PAD had to cancel all peaceful rallies outside of Bangkok.

There is no point arguing

You know who is Sondhi ? When he's looking for ad money, he claims to reach 10 millions Thais. Do you really think these 10M people get an objective view of what's really going on ?

Anyway, if you don't read the foreign press, it's difficult to know what's really happening in Thailand.

I second that.

yes, nothing wrong to ask for the source and be sceptic and have doubts. and me too would not give so much credit to the seedangdotcom website. it's more like a webcommunity and someone from there must have picked up the photos from news agency to make that little web leaflet. i prefer the original sources.

sorry if my reply had been to rude, we never came across each other before, i don't know your 'history of arguments' but the picture appeared a couple of days ago here in the forum and got immediately some dumb replies by people never present a back up or source for their own stories.

the photos seems to be from Reuters(click on pic to see them on yahoo news):

r1611496033jpgx400y289qjq6.jpg

caption: An anti-government demonstrator chases after a suspected pro-government supporter in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 1, 2008. Thailand's anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is moving the headquarters of its campaign to Bangkok's two main airports, which it occupied last week, a spokesman said on Monday. REUTERS/Stringer (THAILAND) Mon Dec 1, 6:31 AM ET

ra2703974148jpgx400y238zo8.jpg

caption: Anti-government demonstrators detain a suspected pro-government supporter in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 1, 2008. REUTERS/Stringer Mon Dec 1, 9:17 AM ET

r1886342937dr7.jpg

caption: An anti-government demonstrator kicks a suspected pro-government supporter after detaining him in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 1, 2008. Thailand's anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is moving the headquarters of its campaign to Bangkok's two main airports, which it occupied last week, a spokesman said on Monday. REUTERS/Stringer (THAILAND) Mon Dec 1, 6:32 AM ET

i saw also pictures where the man got rescued by an ambulance team. this was on a thai newspaper site in thai language and only links to english language sites are allowed by the rules.

but the other TV forum thread i mentioned before contains such links and a Mods gave a short translation.

The Nation wrote on 3.12. 2008:

"PAD guards accused of violence at besieged airport

Yesterday morning, rescue workers found Chaiwat Maleerak, 24, with a gunshot wound to his back and a knife wound under his chin, in a ditch near the airport. He remains unconscious at Nopparat Ratchathani hospital.

It was suspected Chaiwat might be the same man seen earlier being chased by PAD guards who accused him of being an undercover pro-government supporter at the airport.

The man asked for help from media members at a broadcast van behind the airport's parking lot, telling them he feared for his safety and wanted to go to his home in Phitsanulok.

While talking, the man spotted the guards and started to run but he was apprehended and beaten.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/topstory/r...newsid=30090042

The Nation get sometimes things wrong, reuters photographers not everything right. that the man only wanted to leave the PAD team or if he have been a 'spy', who knows if that is the final true without a proper investigation. but the two english papers here are not famous for follow up stories. maybe he had done something wrong and criminal, is a thief or was agressive. one is for sure, such a treatment , self and street justice by the PAD guards nobody deserve. that he wanted to go home and leave PAD was reported in Thai newspaper.

other combat casualties and incidents are as long not PAD martyr quickly forgotten. unclear reports in the newspaper, unsolved questions. shootings, few weeks ago a dead body found near the government house was maybe unrelated or not.

but topic is the government house. in the pantip forum i saw tons of pictures and this doesn't look for me like a set up by government officials. to make it look like that you need a horde of campers for a couple of weeks.

Thank you PD for your comprehensive and very interesting response. While some actions by some guards may not be typical of PAD behaviour generally, it's quite right that we should know about them in forming a balanced view.

Why should a certain brand name like REUTERS "REUTERS/Stringer (THAILAND) Mon Dec 1, 6:32 AM ET" guarantee the truth, genuineness of the Report and Pic's send in or make any news, submitted by any "journalist" any more credible?

Who does the double check there?

Remind the audience of "Operation Canned Goods", otherwise known as the "Gleiwitz Incident".

Think it's funny that in this mob just two wear yellow t-shirts.... easy to set up such situation for a couple a shots.

Just a thought for the contrary!

Face facts. Everyone knew where to find the yellows as they caused havoc wherever they went - The reds would have been more difficult to track down. There are plenty of press photos of PAD beating up and shooting at all and sundry, so claiming that they are "peaceful" is a load of crap.

If they killed less people than the reds, it was not from lack of trying. Both sides are equally as violent. :D

Well, as we haven't seen any yellow with military grade weapons, one could argue that the didn't 'try hard enough'. Have you seen anyone carrying a M79 grenade launcher for instance? Yet over the course of several weeks the 'phantoms' of different reds have attacked yellows with this military grade weapon.

The man at the top was later found dead - dumped in a klong. :o

You still haven't supplied any news source what he was later found dead and dumped in a klong.

What we have however seen is the same set of photos over and over again and conjecture regarding what happened.

I would like the facts, not your speculations. Could we have it?

Well, as we haven't seen any yellow with military grade weapons, one could argue that the didn't 'try hard enough'. Have you seen anyone carrying a M79 grenade launcher for instance? Yet over the course of several weeks the 'phantoms' of different reds have attacked yellows with this military grade weapon.

You've got to be kidding. How about the photos of PAD firing military rifles into a crowd? Actually, killing people is what they are made for. :o

The man at the top was later found dead - dumped in a klong. :D

You still haven't supplied any news source what he was later found dead and dumped in a klong.

That is because the Thai Visa search function does not work correctly and I am not going to spend hours trying to find it again, but it is on here somewhere - unless it has been moderated out. It was also on TV and the radio. Have fun looking. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

You've got to be kidding. How about the photos of PAD firing military rifles into a crowd? Actually, killing people is what they are made for. :o

That is because the Thai Visa search function does not work correctly and I am not going to spend hours trying to find it again, but it is on here somewhere - unless it has been moderated out. It was also on TV and the radio. Have fun looking. :D

I suppose you are unable to reply to a post like a normal user and have to add size and color when your arguments run out of juice. Besides posting them inside my quote.

There haven't been any pictures of PAD-thugs firing military rifles (that would be assault rifles under the current legislation) into any crowd or at all! If you have other sources, please post them.

We have however seen a lot of pictures of a handful of irresponsible PAD guards and others firing crappy revolvers at people.

And is it my understanding that you claim the man was later found dead? As your post above would indicate.

That seems to be a lie, since the only case that fits partially your description wasn't found dead at all. A topic of it is running in the General Forum.

But facts have never been your strong point, being a Bush-supporter and all.

Ulysses is a Bush supporter? Wow.

I think he once claimed that pizza was invented in New York, that was fun.

With that kind of history he seems quite a reasonable character. I don't remember "kill the fasctists/bash their heads in/we need real blood/send in mercenaries" drivel during airport siege coming from Ulysses when just about everybody else was displaying thier finest qualities here.

The moment you start BELIEVING any of the press national or international,

is the moment you lose any credulousness or credibility as a commentator ON the news.

And this goes 99.44% more for BLOGGERS!

So where does that leave you?

Read them all.

Read between the lines.

Sniff out the biases and compare to others

and your own attitudes.

Then make up your OWN MIND.

Next allow yourself the freedom to change your own position,

as new information, that YOU find credible, comes your way.

It's JUST as bad to give into the pejorative calls of being a 'Waffler',

than to never change your mind no matter what you find out.

The moment you start BELIEVING any of the press national or international,

is the moment you lose any credulousness or credibility as a commentator ON the news.

And this goes 99.44% more for BLOGGERS!

So where does that leave you?

Read them all.

Read between the lines.

Sniff out the biases and compare to others

and your own attitudes.

Then make up your OWN MIND.

Next allow yourself the freedom to change your own position,

as new information, that YOU find credible, comes your way.

It's JUST as bad to give into the pejorative calls of being a 'Waffler',

than to never change your mind no matter what you find out.

I agree Animatic....

However, the point is that the national press is not completely free; most of the western press is...

In other words: there is no complete freedom of press in Thailand and therefore it's difficult, better: impossible to write, publish or have a 100% FREE opinion....whether on a forum or in the press.

LaoPo

[quote name='Ulysses G.' post='2398199' date='2008-12-08

I suppose you are unable to reply to a post like a normal user and have to add size and color when your arguments run out of juice. Besides posting them inside my quote.

Actually, I used the color to reply to your posts to make it obvious which answers are mine because you have grafted several different posts together. That is also why I put them inside your quote, which you seemed to have no problem understanding.

By the way, the military uses many rifles that do not fit the definition of an assault weapon and as far as your other nit-picking nonsense goes, do revolvers not kill people? They certainly do and the military AND THE PAD use them for that very reason.

Trying to pretend that the PAD is not just as violent as the reds because they only use handguns is not only not true but downright silly and if that poor man indeed survived the PAD beating, it wasn't because they wanted him to.

By the way, I voted for Obama this time, if that makes you feel any better. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

There haven't been any pictures of PAD-thugs firing military rifles (that would be assault rifles under the current legislation) into any crowd or at all! If you have other sources, please post them.

We have however seen a lot of pictures of a handful of irresponsible PAD guards and others firing crappy revolvers at people.

And is it my understanding that you claim the man was later found dead? As your post above would indicate.

That seems to be a lie, since the only case that fits partially your description wasn't found dead at all. A topic of it is running in the General Forum.

Actually, I used the color to reply to your posts to make it obvious which answers are mine because you have grafted several different posts together. That is also why I put them inside your quote, which you seemed to have no problem understanding.

As far as your other nit-picking nonsense goes, do revolvers not kill people? They certainly do and the military AND THE PAD use them for that very reason.

Trying to pretend that the PAD is not just as violent as the reds because they only use handguns is not only not true but downright silly and if that poor man indeed survived the PAD beating, it wasn't because they wanted him to.

By the way, I voted for Obama this time, if that makes you feel any better. :D

It's still bad netiquette to write replies inside someone else quote.

And I notice that you went from claiming they used military weapons to ridicule that revolvers 'not kill people?'-nonsense. Of course they do. But that wasn't the point. There was a reason you claimed military grade weapons was used by them. A lie.

And then you skipped over providing any source for your claim that the man died. Most likely because you know it was a lie or that you where uninformed and now know better.

I wouldn't have voted for Obama, he is more of the same. The 'Change' slogan is an illusion.

And I notice that you went from claiming they used military weapons to ridicule that revolvers 'not kill people?'-nonsense. Of course they do. But that wasn't the point. There was a reason you claimed military grade weapons was used by them. A lie.

And then you skipped over providing any source for your claim that the man died. Most likely because you know it was a lie or that you where uninformed and now know better.

About the man who the PAD beat up and was reported to have killed. It was all over Thai Tv and radio and in some articles on Thai Visa. I did not provide a link because the search function is not working and it is too difficult to find without it.

On the other nonsense, rifles are military weapons and they do not have to be assault weapons. Revolvers are also military weapons and they kill people. THAT is the point.

You are the one claiming that the PAD is not violent and there is plenty of evidence that they are. You can make excuses for them all you want, but the photos tell the truth.

As far as your other nit-picking nonsense goes, do revolvers not kill people? They certainly do and the military AND THE PAD use them for that very reason.

By the way, I voted for Obama this time, if that makes you feel any better. :D

It's still bad netiquette to write replies inside someone else quote.

I wouldn't have voted for Obama, he is more of the same. The 'Change' slogan is an illusion.

My above credulousness posts goes trippple for election slogans.

I judge a candidate by the way the man can think on his feat and react in a measured way,

and in the tough clinches how he weathers the storm and stays evenly centered.

Sarah Palin was a clear panic attack.

Not much phased Obama, in the clinches he seemed to get stronger...

A good trait in a national leader.