Basic Gyms In Bkk?

thaitang

hi gang,

will be back in LOS for 6 weeks in december and january (i hope they have cleaned things up at the airport by then) and i am wondering if anyone has a list or knows of a list of gyms around BKK that have free weights and allow drop ins.

i lived in BKK for a couple of years awhile back and i was totally put-off by the prima-donna gyms such as Cali-WOW and there is another similar big chain that escapes my mind at the moment, but i am totally looking to avoid those gyms at all costs! i am looking for somewhere charging reasonable drop-in rates (250-500 BHT) for a workout.

i will be staying in an apt near old airport (Don Meung... sp???) but i can get my way around BKK a-ok.

any suggestions welcome.

thanks in advance.

bump ^^

so does everyone that worksout in BKK go to California WoW or another big gym chain? or does someone out there actually frequent any smaller local gyms that don't actually take a chunk out of your ass per visit?

thanks in advance.

There's a gym at Ebina House hotel on Viphavadee Soi 64, it was 11,000baht/year when I asked in July. Better to call them and ask as they take a while to reply emails. Another one at Miracle Grande no idea how much though.

• 2 months later...
hi gang,

will be back in LOS for 6 weeks in december and january (i hope they have cleaned things up at the airport by then) and i am wondering if anyone has a list or knows of a list of gyms around BKK that have free weights and allow drop ins.

i lived in BKK for a couple of years awhile back and i was totally put-off by the prima-donna gyms such as Cali-WOW and there is another similar big chain that escapes my mind at the moment, but i am totally looking to avoid those gyms at all costs! i am looking for somewhere charging reasonable drop-in rates (250-500 BHT) for a workout.

i will be staying in an apt near old airport (Don Meung... sp???) but i can get my way around BKK a-ok.

any suggestions welcome.

thanks in advance.

Hi...Ive recently found a well equiped gym about 3 mins walk from Phrom Phong BTS on Sukhamvit..nice location,newish equipment, pool,sauna,squash court ect,

I havent joined up as yet as they do a buddy system where two can join up for 2000 bht a month each.I figure its a good deal so i might hold out and try to find someone that wants to sign up at the same time.

At the moment i only workout a few days a week so im not really motivated as i have to travel quite a way on BTS to lat phrao just to go to a place that charges 300 a day..all others ive seen have ridiculous daily prices or are very dingey.

If your interested you can Pm me for more details....

Hi...Ive recently found a well equiped gym about 3 mins walk from Phrom Phong BTS on Sukhamvit..nice location,newish equipment, pool,sauna,squash court ect, very clean and no pushy salesmen

I havent joined up as yet as they do a buddy system where two can join up for 2000 bht a month each.I figure its a good deal so i might hold out and try to find someone that wants to sign up at the same time.

At the moment i only workout a few days a week so im not really motivated as i have to travel quite a way on BTS to lat phrao just to go to a place that charges 300 a day..all others ive seen have ridiculous daily prices or are very dingey.

If your interested you can Pm me for more details....