Farangs Wear White

FarangFatal

I'll be in counrty very soon and plan to wear white shirt at all times. I guess my tailor in Patong will be get busy for me! Arrival, not problem as United Airlines has already booked me to Singapore and I'll fly up to Phuket on Silk Air. Bangers, well I have some non emergeny dental work scheuled but that can wait, sure will miss Sazanka...... Best scrub and rub!

I'll be in counrty very soon and plan to wear white shirt at all times. I guess my tailor in Patong will be get busy for me! Arrival, not problem as United Airlines has already booked me to Singapore and I'll fly up to Phuket on Silk Air. Bangers, well I have some non emergeny dental work scheuled but that can wait, sure will miss Sazanka...... Best scrub and rub!

hey.... joe the tourist.....take some advice from someone who's been llving/working here for 13 years and has been through more coups than you've had salt scrubs....don't get involved, period.

You are a guest in this country and should act accordingly, and not make any public political statements.

Edited by soundman

<snip>

more like a TOURIST armed with bravado fueled by a fresh reading of lonely planet :o

Edited by soundman

You are a guest in this country and should act accordingly, and not make any public political statements. <snip>

Paying guests.....

Back on topic to the O/P's post.

White isn't gonna have a HUGE impact on these people. In fact its likely to have no impact at all, other than perhaps having thais confuse you for a mormon or jehovah witness missionary. It's not gonna be seen as a political statement or an "I am neutral" statement either. There is just no significance in that color here, unlike the ever popular yellow, pink, sky blue, and of course now red.

Personally I don't give two shits about the political deal here, it's for the thais to sort out, but I feel sad that thais are fighting thais.

Edited by soundman

:o

Why don't you go the whole hog, and get a fit out like David Brent in this video from you tailor in Phuket, all white and very peacful. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN41XutK61Y

Edited by mrtoad

you must be an american, therefore you( along with Uk, etc) vitually own this country( and many others) anyway( but shhh... its suposed to be a secret, thailand likes to claim it was never owed by anyone, hence the free press and the allowing it rulers to be questioned about anyhting and whole bunch of banned books... ha! what a joke...

if nothing to hide- then why?????

so please do not listen to any nonsense about obeying a place you own anyway...its your's do as you please, when and how, the yanks and brits always do...

do as you wish, the law makers here are just as stupid as your country wanted them to be- so ignore that arguement

be careful though, the natives are getting restless, they are starting to us something which they have been taught not to- their brains!

you must be an american, therefore you( along with Uk, etc) vitually own this country( and many others) anyway( but shhh... its suposed to be a secret, thailand likes to claim it was never owed by anyone, hence the free press and the allowing it rulers to be questioned about anyhting and whole bunch of banned books... ha! what a joke...

if nothing to hide- then why?????

so please do not listen to any nonsense about obeying a place you own anyway...its your's do as you please, when and how, the yanks and brits always do...

do as you wish, the law makers here are just as stupid as your country wanted them to be- so ignore that arguement

be careful though, the natives are getting restless, they are starting to us something which they have been taught not to- their brains!

Source please. :o

Jeez, I guess ourmaninbangers is suffering from one of those "Chang moments". Don't worry it'll pass leaving a pain behind the eyes as a reminder.

To the OP, can't figure out if you are serious (most others it seems think not) but I wouldn't worry about shirt colour or making a peace statement or whatever. Nobody gives a dam_n what you think as long as you drink up and pay your bill.

White reflects the suns heat, black absorbs it, there can only be one winner - learn to eat more carefully<snip>

Something of an urban myth that one. Wearing either black or white is exactly the same as far as heat is concerned. Both absorb the sun's heat in equal measure.

"Good Guys Don't Wear White"

I'm a poor boy born in a rut

Some say my manners ain't the best

Some of my friends made a whole lot of trouble

And some towns are better than the rest

But tell your momma and your papa

Sometimes good guys don't wear white

Everyday I work hard

At night I spend restless time

Those rich kids and all their lazy money

They can't hold a candle to mine

So tell your momma and your papa

Good guys, bad guys

Which is which?

The white collar worker

Or the digger of the ditch?

Man, who's to say who's the better man?

I'm doing the very best I can

Best I can

You thought I had a dirty mind

All those messed up chicks

Of the changing times

Love-filled and easy living

Can't come close

To the love that I've given

So tell your momma and your papa

They don't wear white

They don't wear white

The Standells

Off topic posts and flames have been removed.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the topic, don't bother hitting the add reply icon.

Next flame, piss take, or off topic post will get this topic closed and earn the poster a warning.

Back in the days of Poland's "Solidarność" movement a friend of mine was arrested while on a business trip to Warsaw.

He'd committed the crime of going out for a walk wearing white running shoes - on the very day that the Solidarność movement had called for people who support the fight for democracy should wear white shoes.

--

Mind, spare a thought for all those Man-U fans in Thailand - 'Come on you Reds' might not go down very well in some parts.

White reflects the suns heat, black absorbs it, there can only be one winner - learn to eat more carefully<snip>

Something of an urban myth that one. Wearing either black or white is exactly the same as far as heat is concerned. Both absorb the sun's heat in equal measure.

I think you had better get out your 7th grade science book and look that one up as it is not a myth.. Dark colors tend to absorb heat more quicker than lighter colors.

But as far as how the OP dresses, I suggest an outfit like this if he is really looking to make a statement and get noticed.... (Of course maybe not in Pattaya :o )

post-46350-1227876243_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it as we're sort of exempted from the current colour thing, unless you make a point of wearing either colour in the wrong place at the right time that is. Just don't go wearing yellow with the words 'I Love PAD' / 'Phom Rak PAD' wherever you are :o

Is it ok if I don't wear yellow to attend the ceremony on 4 Dec? Is it ok if I wear red?

Sorry to be off-topic but I don't dare to post a new one.

Can you not read?

Off topic posts and flames have been removed.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the topic, don't bother hitting the add reply icon.

Next flame, piss take, or off topic post will get this topic closed and earn the poster a warning.

I sincerely hope your Dec 4th reference has absolutely nothing to do with Dec 5th 2551.