Need A New Uk Passport

asiaj

I need a new uk passport as i only have 8 months left on it does anybody know of where i can give my passport to somebody in samui and they take it to bangkok and have it done for me or do i have to go to bangkok and do it all myself?

I need a new uk passport as i only have 8 months left on it does anybody know of where i can give my passport to somebody in samui and they take it to bangkok and have it done for me or do i have to go to bangkok and do it all myself?

As long as you are renewing your old one it can all be done by post you dont even have to go yourself. Have a look at British Embassy website, it explains it all. Would recomend spending the little extra to use the express postal service rather than rely on the normal service.

As long as you are renewing your old one it can all be done by post you dont even have to go yourself. Have a look at British Embassy website, it explains it all. Would recomend spending the little extra to use the express postal service rather than rely on the normal service.

Yep thats right, Check the embassy website, the explain the whole procedure.

As Sketcher says I would use EMS rather than regular mail.

Freddie

you have to go by yourself, also you need to make an appointment with them first.

Boater

Have you actually done this, Boater? :o

The first bit of information you have given has been refuted by the previous two posters, and the second bit I refute myself - I went and filled in the form, no appointment necessary.

Did this myself a few months ago, and being a lazy git living in Pattaya decided to do it by post to Bangkok. If I remember rightly it was 100 baht to send it back EMS, and was received the day after it was sent {edit - sent by them}. I called them before I posted it as I was a bit scared from some of the scaremongerers on this site, but I was told, and she checked, that they have never lost a passport that has been posted internally.

All the usual suspects advised me against it, but if you allow people like Boater to post on a forum on which they know nothing about, then some people do get scared.

I hope this is one too many for him as he always likes to be the expert, but sadly has little knowledge.

Edited by QED for clarity

Edited by QED

Why not ask someone who knows rather than who guesses.

Here are the phone numbers (all natural English speakers).

http://www.help4brits.org/services.html

you have to go by yourself, also you need to make an appointment with them first.

Boater

Have you actually done this, Boater? :o

The first bit of information you have given has been refuted by the previous two posters, and the second bit I refute myself - I went and filled in the form, no appointment necessary.

hmmm.... i have to get my new passport in Jan, so i asked the passport service in BKK and that is what they told me.... but i have been given false information in the past by embasseys in the past :D ....

I did exactly the same for my passport renewal. Same for both my sons, no problems. Very impressed with the speed, and using the express postal service gives that little bit of extra confidence.