Santa Claus Costume

hill16

I got a huge red sack I use for laundry, you are welcome to borrow that if you want. I reckon for under 500 Baht you could get a suite made down in Chinatown. I have a lady there who makes good cheap curtins for me very fast when I bring her the fabric. I have also seen good red cotton for 25Bt a SQM.

The easiest way to put together a beard is to buy a couple of cheap dolls and give them a haircut. What to do with the bald dolls afterwards I will leave up to you.

Oh, if Santa is planning a walk down Loi Kroh then it would be best if he avoided shouting " Ho ho ho " unless he wants to get caught up in a stampede. :o

Edited by ChiangMaiFurnishedApts

Im not sure if you are looking for something of quality, but extremely cheapo-wise I saw a santa suit on sale at Macro. 199baht! :o Its that sort of felt material that wont last long, and doesnt look very 'plush', but might good enough...? Could jazz it up a bit by sewing (or getting someone to sew) on some better and fluffy white edging. (and get a big black belt)

Edit: As for beard, im not sure if one was included. You could make one from fabric mesh and cotton wool though or buy some of that white fluffy material you can find in fabric shops and cut out the beard shape (and add some elastic to keep it from falling off). :D

Edited by eek

There was a Santa Claus breakfast at the Gymkhana Saturday morning. The costume was pretty good. Perhaps contact them to find out if you can borrow/rent the costume.

oh no!. they might sell it to him for a certain price and bill him differently. and then hill16 might start up a new thread about it. not a good idea.....