Gary's Bar&restaurant In Presart,surin Province

Dave the Dude

Well said RayBan..... I have high suspicions that the two unfavorable posts were from either competitors that see just how well Gary runs his business or perhaps friends of someone that does run a similar business.

I came to the same conclussion.

Like Ray & DingDong says, he is doing a good job and deserves support.

Happy New Year

Dave

Am not sure. Having lived in the Prasat area and knowing all the resturant / bar owners well, it seems that everyone gets along fine. No real compitition that I can see there. At least not any compitition that would stoop as low as too diss the place incognito on a public web forum.

:o

Gary is a good friend of mine, and he knows now who posted the negative comments, and it is not as it seems. I send lot's of customers to Gary's and visa versa. We both have a good relationship with Paul of the Harley Bar. It's unfortunate that the person who wrote negative comments about Gary, also wrote about the Leelawadee Gardens in a positive way. In no way did these comments come from the Leelawadee Gardens or any friends. If you still have any doubts, go have breakfast at Gary's and ask him yourself.

We fully support Gary and Bun, and use his minimart regularly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said RayBan..... I have high suspicions that the two unfavorable posts were from either competitors that see just how well Gary runs his business or perhaps friends of someone that does run a similar business.

I came to the same conclussion.

Like Ray & DingDong says, he is doing a good job and deserves support.

Happy New Year

Dave

Am not sure. Having lived in the Prasat area and knowing all the resturant / bar owners well, it seems that everyone gets along fine. No real compitition that I can see there. At least not any compitition that would stoop as low as too diss the place incognito on a public web forum.

Gary is a good friend of mine, and he knows now who posted the negative comments, and it is not as it seems. I send lot's of customers to Gary's and visa versa. We both have a good relationship with Paul of the Harley Bar. It's unfortunate that the person who wrote negative comments about Gary, also wrote about the Leelawadee Gardens in a positive way. In no way did these comments come from the Leelawadee Gardens or any friends. If you still have any doubts, go have breakfast at Gary's and ask him yourself.

We fully support Gary and Bun, and use his minimart regularly.

I have a good idea too, now that you mention it. Two of the three places in Surin, Gary supplies. Enough said.

Edited by farangconnection

I have a good idea too, now that you mention it. Two of the three places in Surin Gary supplies. Enough said.

Sound like he should be supplying just one then. :o:D:D

:D

Dave

I've just realised my error on that too. I forgot a comma. What I meant was, Gary supplies two of the three main Farang watering holes in Surin, us and the Oasis.

Edited by farangconnection

The negative post is probably a good example of any publicity being good publicity.

On the strength of this topic I decided to take a run out to Prasat to see for myself what the food/service was like.

I can only add another vote of support for Gary and his bar. The food (Thai) was good, served courteously and in a timely manner. Gary was very friendly and I was very pleased to take away a couple of his renowned pies.

Mine was a very positive experience and I wish him every success.

I have a good idea too, now that you mention it. Two of the three places in Surin Gary supplies. Enough said.

Dave

I've just realised my error on that too. I forgot a comma. What I meant was, Gary supplies two of the three main Farang watering holes in Surin, us and the Oasis.

I hope that your not suggesting that Nobby can use a computer? :D

Dave

Of course not,but he does have a Gopher. And all the negative posts about Gary's, and funnily enough a positive one about Soi Kola are all from newbies.

Dave

Of course not,but he does have a Gopher. And all the negative posts about Gary's, and funnily enough a positive one about Soi Kola are all from newbies.

This post did not come from anyone in Surin. Gary knows where it came from. It has nothing to do with anyone's business, so lets forget about the negative comments and enjoy Gary's pies.

This post did not come from anyone in Surin. Gary knows where it came from. It has nothing to do with anyone's business, so lets forget about the negative comments and enjoy Gary's pies.

Well said.

It must be a sad, pitiful person to stoop so low, but as said previously it has shown up more positive posts so that plan backfired nicely :o:D

Hope he continues to reads this now we all know the score. :D

Dave

As Chaimai indicated, negative publicity often does a business more good than positive publicity.

I have bought Indian curries from Gary, but I cannot speak badly of them. In my 22 years in Thailand, they are without doubt the best curries I have ever eaten. The phall takes some beating! And to prove the point, a crowd from The Shamrock in Prakhonchai will descend on the FC in Surin next week for an Indian Curry evening; curries originally supplied by Gary. Sorry Gary, but Surin has a better line in "desserts" than Prasat!!! Will probably call in at Prasat on the way home to restock though.

As Chaimai indicated, negative publicity often does a business more good than positive publicity.

I have bought Indian curries from Gary, but I cannot speak badly of them. In my 22 years in Thailand, they are without doubt the best curries I have ever eaten. The phall takes some beating! And to prove the point, a crowd from The Shamrock in Prakhonchai will descend on the FC in Surin next week for an Indian Curry evening; curries originally supplied by Gary. Sorry Gary, but Surin has a better line in "desserts" than Prasat!!! Will probably call in at Prasat on the way home to restock though.

Would you like your "desserts" takeaways?

I think what he's talking about doesn't come in a polystyrene box!! :o

Dave

I think what he's talking about doesn't come in a polystyrene box!! :D

Dave

Gift-wrapped with a full set of instructions would be nice :o

Does Gary have a Website for prices etc?

I doubt it, plus he's in the proccess of getting his PC repaired by my mate.

Suggest you use 'The Dog n Bone' or visit !

Dave

He does have a printed list in the shop of all the frozen food he stocks, but since meat and fish prices fluctuate almost daily, no prices are shown. As I recall only the prices for his pies are printed. Indian curries are around 130bt.

Dave

He does have a printed list in the shop of all the frozen food he stocks, but since meat and fish prices fluctuate almost daily, no prices are shown. As I recall only the prices for his pies are printed. Indian curries are around 130bt.

and IMHO everything as at a reasonable price. Go check it out!

Dave

Gift-wrapped with a full set of instructions would be nice :o

The best part is removing the gift-wrapping. Fully trained -no instructions required! Served a long apprenticeship in Pattaya!

Nick - I didn't expect that YOU would need the instructions. I imagine that you could 'feel your way around' by now :D

Dave

It just so happens that I have a copy of his menu in front of me :o

Here is a random selection:-

Full English 135 Bt

(bacon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, BB, toms, mushrooms, fried slice, 2 toast tea or coffee)

Bacon sandwich 75 Bt

Pies + chips/mash 155 Bt

Roast dinner 295 Bt

Steak & Chips 250 (Tbone or fillet)

Trucker's meal 165 Bt

(2 sausage, 2 eggs chips, beans 2 bread)

Curries 185/195 Bt

Apple pie etc 55 Bt

Khao Pad 45 Bt

Red/Green curry 60 Bt

Tom Yum soup 80 Bt

and IMHO everything as at a reasonable price. Go check it out!

Dave

Hey Guys,

Returned from Prasat just last week to my residence here in Chiang Mai. I am glad to hear that the negative comments about Gary's has been overwhelmed with the good ones as I truly enjoy his food. As I told him before leaving, I hope that he stays in business for a long time to come as I will be eating there often when I do go and retire in Prasat in the upcoming years. (As well as buying some of those take away pies, meats and curries.)

Good to hear that everyone else feels the same about Gary's good food and hospitality. It's sad that someone has to stoop so low to try and hurt someone that is trying so hard to do good..... Oh well, I am sure karma will answer to them..

By the way, it was a good trip this time for the two weeks I had there in Prasat over the holidays. I was able to meet some very king folks that I hope to see again in the future. Rather funny that most were English and this low life American got along with them all and we actually enjoyed each others' conversation.... Go figure! :o

Someone please pass my regards on to Gary and his patrons when you stop in and tell them I'll see them all come Songkran!

Rick (aka.... dingdongrb)

• 3 weeks later...

WAS AT GARYS YESTERDAY & WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH HIS SHOP ! RUMP STEAK/ MUTTON, PIES, GOOD BREAD,BISTRO GRAVY ,NICE SAUSAGES ETC !! STAFF VERY SWEET & ATTENTIVE !! WHILST THERE A TABLE OF 5 SAT DOWN TO BREAKFAST !! THEY ALL WERE EATING WITHIN 20 MINS !!! I SAW NO COMPLAINTS FROM SAID TABLE !! I WILL DEFINATELLY BE BACK THERE AGAIN !!!

I JUST WISH I KNEW WHAT RADIO STATION THEY WERE TUNED INTO !!

ALL IN ALL A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE !!

IRISH 1 !!!

I JUST WISH I KNEW WHAT RADIO STATION THEY WERE TUNED INTO !!

ALL IN ALL A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE !!

IRISH 1 !!!

Hi Irish 1

I believe it is BBC Radio 1 via the internet ............. cheers ........ RayBan :o

Hi Irish1

It could be BBC Radio 2 but not sure. Its definetly via iplayer cos my mate has upgraded PC recently

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Took a trip upto Gary's today.

Roast Dinner was brilliant. Loads of good imported P1ss on sale there and some awesome Pies, curries and meats etc in the deep freeze.

Nice place in a good spot, Good music coming out the speakers and Gary seemed like a real Gent. Another punter (Alan) was in there at the time and it was a friendly atmosphere.

Did'nt go into Harleys bar next door but looked like a good place to watch the Footy and play some pool.

Gary's is well worth the visit.

Took a trip upto Gary's today.

Roast Dinner was brilliant. Loads of good imported P1ss on sale there and some awesome Pies, curries and meats etc in the deep freeze.

Nice place in a good spot, Good music coming out the speakers and Gary seemed like a real Gent. Another punter (Alan) was in there at the time and it was a friendly atmosphere.

Did'nt go into Harleys bar next door but looked like a good place to watch the Footy and play some pool.

Gary's is well worth the visit.

and yer didn't nick my dinner this time, Shrek :o:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of us from Nong Ki paid Gary's a visit a couple of weeks ago. The place is very clean,well presented.We both had a full English breakfast which could not be faulted.We both bought some pies which from the ones I've tried so far are pretty good.The only negative comment I would make is that a small place in the middle of no-where that charges 60 baht<more expensive than Pattaya> for a small bottle of Tiger beer is living in dream land.We have only one bar in Nong Ki that stocks it but charges 60 baht for a large bottle