First Time To Pattaya

BKKRICK

Hi There,

Hope some of you Pattaya locals can help me out with a bit of info. I am new to Thailand, have been in BKK for a little while, and am going to head down to Pattaya for a few days just to check it out. Who know's may stay for months.

Anyway, will I have any luck finding some decent accommodation for around 800baht +/- a night. By decent, I just mean clean and comfortable.

Anyway, would greatly appreciate anyone's advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

Hope some of you Pattaya locals can help me out with a bit of info. I am new to Thailand, have been in BKK for a little while, and am going to head down to Pattaya for a few days just to check it out. Who know's may stay for months.

Anyway, will I have any luck finding some decent accommodation for around 800baht +/- a night. By decent, I just mean clean and comfortable.

Anyway, would greatly appreciate anyone's advice. Thanks in advance.

Give it a few nights for the big NYE crowd to clear out, then it should be no problem.

Good idea, I was thinking of coming down end of next week anyway.

Recommendations, circa 500 Baht per night:-

Nids Guesthouse, 2nd road next but one to Tims agogo (nearly opposite Mike shopping mall).

Sa Apartments, soi Yamato (13/1).

Tuks, soi Yamato (13/1).

Remember these are not star rated accommodations. They are clean, a/c, TV, fridge, en suite places suitable for seasoned travellers. Wimps looking for room service should go elsewhere although "room service" is always available. :o

Sorry I don't have phone numbers but they will sort you out no problemo amigo..

The Apex, Honey Inn, Honey Lodge and many more are all about 600 baht with swimming pool and safe and English TV. Should be no problem.
Recommendations, circa 500 Baht per night:-

Nids Guesthouse, 2nd road next but one to Tims agogo (nearly opposite Mike shopping mall).

Sa Apartments, soi Yamato (13/1).

Tuks, soi Yamato (13/1).

Remember these are not star rated accommodations. They are clean, a/c, TV, fridge, en suite places suitable for seasoned travellers. Wimps looking for room service should go elsewhere although "room service" is always available. :o

Sorry I don't have phone numbers but they will sort you out no problemo amigo..

Thanks guys, am adding them to my list.

• 3 weeks later...
Bay Breeze soi honey, B800 free fast wifi in room

Thanks for all the recommendations. Have just got back from Pattaya. Stayed at the Bay Breeze, was actually 700baht, but what a disaster it was. Foolishly I paid for my three nights in advance. Shared the room with about 50 cockroaches, several of which ran across my bed a few times. The highlight must have been the pubes on the toilet seat though.

The only positive was the location ....

Rick

ps. The wifi sucks too

Could be worse. I spent a night at the Furama Beach Resort -- at least I think that's how "Furama" was spelled. It's maybe 50m further from the beach than Queen Pattaya Inn on the same road.

Anyway, the place had fleas, and the traffic noise was relentless. Plus the harridan at the front desk was screeching at me all the way to the door when I tossed the key at her and left the next morning; she seemed to think that I was obligated to wait an hour while they made sure I hadn't stolen a beer from the minibar. All that for only 900 baht.