Wifi On The Beach In Phuket?

fallingoffthemap

Any place on the island to get a decent free (or dirt cheap) wifi connection right on the beach? Someplace to hang out and watch the sunset while wor-...errrr surfing the net? I know of the dozens of places to get free wifi near the beach, but thinking there must be a resort or restaurant somewhere that fits the bill, but haven't found one yet.

Alternatively, maybe a hill top place with a nice view?

Sometimes I spend so much time staring into my computer I'm forget that I'm living in a beautiful tropical paradise!

Any place on the island to get a decent free (or dirt cheap) wifi connection right on the beach? Someplace to hang out and watch the sunset while wor-...errrr surfing the net? I know of the dozens of places to get free wifi near the beach, but thinking there must be a resort or restaurant somewhere that fits the bill, but haven't found one yet.

Sometimes I spend so much time staring into my computer I'm forget that I'm living in a beautiful tropical paradise!

You can get a good signal opposite the Truemove shop on the beach road in Patong. I've used that one myself sitting on the beach. Opposite Starbucks beachroad, a signal might go as far as the beach but never tried it. Bad news, nothing is free, you either have to be a member of KSC, Truewifi, or pay a fee. The days of highjacked signals are sadly coming to an end.

You can get a good signal opposite the Truemove shop on the beach road in Patong. I've used that one myself sitting on the beach. Opposite Starbucks beachroad, a signal might go as far as the beach but never tried it. Bad news, nothing is free, you either have to be a member of KSC, Truewifi, or pay a fee. The days of highjacked signals are sadly coming to an end.

Thanks - but just to clarify - I'm happy to buy a couple cups of coffee or a beer in order to plug in. No need to hijack.

I would say its exactly the opposite.. WEP keys which are still the usual protection are about as hard as butter these days..

You could also get a CAT card account and have almost island wide mobile connection.. Or hook up the phone over EDGE and bluetooth..

Get a Dtac sim for your phone, 99bhat for 40hrs for 3 months 20hrs after that per month, coverage all of Phuket, slow mind, whats your errrr... surfing the net ??? :o

Mom Tri's Oasis on Kata Beach next to the Boathouse also has free Wifi. not sure how far on to the beach the signal stretches but great fo sunesets

Also the hotel has spectacular views and free wifi at MOm Tri's Villa Royale.. probably MOm Tri's Boathouse too. On Kata Beach..

http://www.villaroyalephuket.com

http://www.boathousephuket.com

Mom Tri's Oasis on Kata Beach next to the Boathouse also has free Wifi. not sure how far on to the beach the signal stretches but great fo sunesets

Also the hotel has spectacular views and free wifi at MOm Tri's Villa Royale.. probably MOm Tri's Boathouse too. On Kata Beach..

http://www.villaroyalephuket.com

http://www.boathousephuket.com

Thanks, MM and 1000 - this is helpful.