Solar Water Pumps

Foreverford

This was discussed several months ago on this forum. Downhole pumps powered by solar will give about the same volume as a windmill, enough for a few livestock but not enough to water crops with (ok a small home garden maybe). Volume required, frequency to require water, water source, power source desired,(depth, distance, elevation to field, etc) would help in giving assistance.

They are indeed hard to justify cost wise as standalone water supplies - unless it really is the only option (i.e. diesel and ac not available).

Basically the reality I face. But just wanted to elimimate the grease under the nails but it looks like a cement and steel structure for the deisel pump (removable???) to fill the ponds and continue the irrigation scheme. Of course by then it'll be batten the hatches and we'll be trying to drain the place. The solar can be nice for a domesticsystem where there's no electricitryand you have a nice tall tank in the air. thanks for the help

• 1 month later...
Progressing cavity pumps are expensive but the advantages are that they will pump at any rotational speed as they are postive displacement and also pump higher heads.

It's funny you should mention Mono Boksida, I was just talking about these the other day and wondering why they weren't used for borehole pumping. I have several that I use in my business (not agriculture) and although they're pricey, they're extremely reliable and they go on for years, I can testify to that.