Some Very Good Stats..

MSingh

These are some interesting Stats..

Great to see the Hammers with the most successful passes, outside of the Top 4 of course...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11994_2705370,00.html

Edited : Man City = They have the same amount of Shots on Target as the League Leaders, are more accurate with them than the League Leaders, but lie close to the relegation Zone ???????? Defending is so obviously the problem there then surely ??

Edited by MSingh

Stats make grim reading for Stoke fans with only 56 shots on target all season and the least number of successful passes but to be fair to them they are battling hard and might yet survive come the end of the season.

do throw-ins count as a shot on goal? :o

I am absolutely positive our attacking stats will be changing for us in the 2nd half of the season!

Come this weekend we'll have played the 'Top 4' home and away (excluding Arse away) - 11 of our 21 points so far have from playing teams in the top half of the table.

As for tacklers I am pretty amazed there isn't a single Stoke player in the Top 5!

I am absolutely positive our attacking stats will be changing for us in the 2nd half of the season!

Come this weekend we'll have played the 'Top 4' home and away (excluding Arse away) - 11 of our 21 points so far have from playing teams in the top half of the table.

As for tacklers I am pretty amazed there isn't a single Stoke player in the Top 5!

it's ok, mr all-world tackler machoramo is not in the top five either. but these stats are bit misleading, when you have most of the ball, you don't need to tackle as often.

Edited : Man City = They have the same amount of Shots on Target as the League Leaders, are more accurate with them than the League Leaders, but lie close to the relegation Zone ???????? Defending is so obviously the problem there then surely ??

Nail on the head Singh :o

Hopefully we will address this very shortly. (insert fingers crossed smily)

Nail on the head Singh :D

I agree, signing kaka will help with your goals against. :o

Or, we could carry on leaking goals but as long as we score more in a game than we let in, it's still the same result :D

Or, we could carry on leaking goals but as long as we score more in a game than we let in, it's still the same result :D

BJ, losing 5-4 instead of 5-1 is the same result mate.

James, re-read my post. I said as long as we score MORE in a game than we let in.

James, re-read my post. I said as long as we score MORE in a game than we let in.

Yes I did bj, but i mentioned kaka and you mentioned scoring more,,,anyways, me thinks you need to spend 50 million x2 on defenders and forget kaka the great.

Yes I did bj, but i mentioned kaka and you mentioned scoring more,,,anyways, me thinks you need to spend 50 million x2 on defenders and forget kaka the great.

We have enough money to buy Kaka and others. Surely you wouldn't turn down Kaka, if he said he'd go to United would you?

We have enough money to buy Kaka and others. Surely you wouldn't turn down Kaka, if he said he'd go to United would you?

am i the only one that thinks he is a tad over-rated? very very good no doubt but year on year touted as one of the top 3 players in the world?

am i the only one that thinks he is a tad over-rated? very very good no doubt but year on year touted as one of the top 3 players in the world?

you may well be. he's undoubtedly one of the handful of best players on the planet and has been consistently good year on year.

edit: whether english football would suit him or not is another matter.

Edited by StevieH

you may well be. he's undoubtedly one of the handful of best players on the planet and has been consistently good year on year.

edit: whether english football would suit him or not is another matter.

He's young enough to adapt to the rigours of the Premiership and has pace while Shevchenko was a tortoise and should never have left AC Milan.

found this site regarding who's hurt and for how long...

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_pre...njury_table.php

Excellent site , well done. I see Owen Hargreaves has "jumpers Knee' what the h-ell is that ? Another name for tendonitis ?

yes but how reliable is it, Anderson carried off on a stretcher with suspected broken ankle and no mention on this list???

Jumpers Knee - not sure what that is but thought I got that once while trying to do the mrs on the carpet.

Edited by bkkjames

found this site regarding who's hurt and for how long...

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_pre...njury_table.php

Excellent site , well done. I see Owen Hargreaves has "jumpers Knee' what the h-ell is that ? Another name for tendonitis ?

yes but how reliable is it, Anderson carried off on a stretcher with suspected broken ankle and no mention on this list???

Jumpers Knee - not sure what that is but thought I got that once while trying to do the mrs on the carpet.

Just to let you know Chaps, i've been looking at that Site for about 3 or 4 years & in my opinion it's very, very unreliable & i don't take a great deal of notice of it any more..

speaking of stats, was wondering if any of you lads had the same feeling as I am (and no, I don't need to take a turd), but anyone have stats on goal scoring per game this year vs years past?

I know we are down but how is the league as whole? If my suspicions are true, I reckon it's down to the fact that teams are / have splashed out on defensive minded players and are lining up more conservatively.

speaking of stats, was wondering if any of you lads had the same feeling as I am (and no, I don't need to take a turd), but anyone have stats on goal scoring per game this year vs years past?

I know we are down but how is the league as whole? If my suspicions are true, I reckon it's down to the fact that teams are / have splashed out on defensive minded players and are lining up more conservatively.

You mean the League on the whole ??