An Open Letter To Hp Thailand

scott_cos

I have a simple question for HP executives in Thailand and around the world. In an anemic economy, where people are being laid off in dramatic numbers and consumer confidence is at an all time low, why would an esteemed international brand name company like yours deceive customers and sell them equipment which you know will not work with certain software?

That is my story, purchasing an HP Photosmart C7280 All in One only to find out that the driver of the printer does not work with Microsoft Word 2007. How did I find this out? After trying to figure out why my Word was closing and reopening - by itself- I followed the link to the Microsoft Error Page which told of the incompatibility. Then, after interfacing with Customer Service here in Thailand which first denied the problem, was emailed a similar incompatibility notice HP had published.

Why was this information not disclosed by the retailer (they claim they didn't know)? Why does HP Thailand refuse to deal with this issue?

In some parts of the world this nondisclosure of consumer information is considered fraud.

I urge readers not to buy HP. Maybe then they will understand the importance of honest customer relations. Talking about loss of consumer confidence…….

HP sucks in many ways. Just about downloading a driver for a pcs 1210 ink pisser/scanner combo. 120+ MB WHY???? The "driver" is bloated with all kinds of software you will never use and uninstall after the forced (!) install. There is no way getting the driver WITHOUT that obsolete truckload of script.

Moreover, it drizzles in at a whopping 6.7 kbps while other stuff downloads at recognizable pace at the same time. Never ever HP again

/rant

I have a simple question for HP executives in Thailand and around the world. In an anemic economy, where people are being laid off in dramatic numbers and consumer confidence is at an all time low, why would an esteemed international brand name company like yours deceive customers and sell them equipment which you know will not work with certain software?

That is my story, purchasing an HP Photosmart C7280 All in One only to find out that the driver of the printer does not work with Microsoft Word 2007. How did I find this out? After trying to figure out why my Word was closing and reopening - by itself- I followed the link to the Microsoft Error Page which told of the incompatibility. Then, after interfacing with Customer Service here in Thailand which first denied the problem, was emailed a similar incompatibility notice HP had published.

Why was this information not disclosed by the retailer (they claim they didn't know)? Why does HP Thailand refuse to deal with this issue?

In some parts of the world this nondisclosure of consumer information is considered fraud.

I urge readers not to buy HP. Maybe then they will understand the importance of honest customer relations. Talking about loss of consumer confidence…….

Same with me i had a HP PSC 1215 ran ok with XP but when I started to use Vista most of printer system did not work. No update for driver either, so bought a New Lexmark HP is shit. :o

Seems like you never did your home work, as my Word 2007 works perfectly with all the HP printers we have here, your named one included..

In some countries around the world (Thailand too) your post would be considered slander ... Support Thailand, buy HP (smile)

Edited by joncl

Seems like you never did your home work, as my Word 2007 works perfectly with all the HP printers we have here, your named one included..

In some countries around the world (Thailand too) your post would be considered slander ... Support Thailand, buy HP (smile)

Did my homework given the material sales people gave us, not one thing written UNTIL HP Customer Care gave me this after I started to complain:

Dear Rosen,

Is this error that you found?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3204785

Best Regards,

Naroot Yodthasarn

HP Thailand Customer Care Centre

If my email is considered slander - good sue me! I wish there were solid consumer laws in Thailand, I surely would sue HP.

Well, I would agree what the drivers from HP are the lousiest in the industry.

We had a similar problem with Color LaserJet 3600 if I remember correct. The accounting program of our customer was able to print to any printer except this one.

Contacted the developer and they said there is a bug in the HP drivers what is exposed by the third-party printing library they use, so they can't do much.

Well, I would agree what the drivers from HP are the lousiest in the industry.

We had a similar problem with Color LaserJet 3600 if I remember correct. The accounting program of our customer was able to print to any printer except this one.

Contacted the developer and they said there is a bug in the HP drivers what is exposed by the third-party printing library they use, so they can't do much.

Well they come from the same place that produces the tainted milk, so what else to expect. I also believe the drivers are rubbish

I used to be a big HP fan before, but after having problems with 2 printers (unable to share on network), I gave up and am now a happy owner of Brother and Canon printers. Both HP printers are now gathering dust in the corner of my office as I don't even want to try and flog these pieces of shit to another person.

Tompa,

Well, my experience with HP printers is that they are very good and quite durable, at least for the 'office' grade stuff. Maybe the consumer grade stuff is worse?

Re. sharing the printer on the network, if you are having problems consider buying a small print server box. We networked our HP laser printer at work with a cheap D-link printer server, cost about 2,000 baht and has worked beautifully ever since. Before that, we shared the printer on the network via an old PC, which was quite unreliable, but I blame M$ for that not HP!

HP sucks in many ways. Just about downloading a driver for a pcs 1210 ink pisser/scanner combo. 120+ MB WHY???? The "driver" is bloated with all kinds of software you will never use and uninstall after the forced (!) install. There is no way getting the driver WITHOUT that obsolete truckload of script.

Moreover, it drizzles in at a whopping 6.7 kbps while other stuff downloads at recognizable pace at the same time. Never ever HP again

/rant

ok...now I'm seriously pissed off! Gave up on downloading that driver monster as it permanently disconnected and was not able to resume - did not download from HP directly I must admit.

So off to the HP site. Choose your operating system. As Win7 is not yet available, I go for Vista. NO DRIVER!! Instead they offer me a solution with the built-in Windows drivers which would do the trick, but no avail. It always says scanner busy.

So off to Tukcom now to buy a new scanner. The printer as such is defunct for a while already as I am not prepared to shell out about the same money for ink cartridges that would buy me a new printer...

:o

/edit: just to make it clear....that was the last time that I bought anything HP!!

Edited by raro

Well, my experience with HP printers is that they are very good and quite durable, at least for the 'office' grade stuff. Maybe the consumer grade stuff is worse?

Re. sharing the printer on the network, if you are having problems consider buying a small print server box. We networked our HP laser printer at work with a cheap D-link printer server, cost about 2,000 baht and has worked beautifully ever since. Before that, we shared the printer on the network via an old PC, which was quite unreliable, but I blame M$ for that not HP!

Lucky bastard! We tried this a while ago with our PCS 1210. This printer does NOT work with network boxes. We found this out after fiddling around a couple of hours and an extended internet research that eventually revealed somewhere in the HP support area that this printer (along some others from this crap brand) CANNOT work with a printer server.