Uk Visit Visa

I don't know who VFS or VAC are but my wife handed all her paper work and visa fee to the receptionist (Thai) at the british embassy and waited for her interview, she never left the embassy, she was refused twice but each time they were happy to tell her that she could reapply again as many times as she wanted as long as she paid the correct fee. The first time they said they thought she was lying on her application, visa refused, end of story, second time they told her that her boyfriend (Me) was an illegal alien in the UK and I had a fake UK passport and I would be sent back to my home country, you couldn't make it up, I was born and raised in the UK. The receptionist was located in a small waiting room and made it clear to my wife that for a fee, At the time £1000, she could guarantee her application would be succesful and she also made it clear that if we didn't pay then there was a very good chance her visa application might fail so don't tell me I'm talking rubbish. When I sent her the 3rd letter to pass on to the embassy asking them to give her a visa to visit me in the UK I explained that I had spoken to my MP about her being refused twice and about them selling visa's, I hadn't but they didn't know that, it worked and she got her visa.

This is a fascinating account, and if true ( and I have no reason to think you are lying), then it is an absolute disgrace. This story should be sent to the British ambassador, or indeed the PM who you omitted to notify last time. This situation must not be allowed to continue.

Well I know for a fact that at least one officer of the British Realm operating in LOS is not averse to the odd bung, so nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

Just look at all the Bullsh.t corruption going on in the UK House of Lords if you think they are all so clean.

And in this particular instance I assume we are not talking about a British citizen, but someone employed by the embassy.

Who knows? I agree it is a bit far fetched, but stranger things have happened.

In Thailand, nearly everyone seems to get caught up in the pervasion of insidious corruption.

I don't know who VFS or VAC are but my wife handed all her paper work and visa fee to the receptionist (Thai) at the british embassy and waited for her interview, she never left the embassy, she was refused twice but each time they were happy to tell her that she could reapply again as many times as she wanted as long as she paid the correct fee. The first time they said they thought she was lying on her application, visa refused, end of story, second time they told her that her boyfriend (Me) was an illegal alien in the UK and I had a fake UK passport and I would be sent back to my home country, you couldn't make it up, I was born and raised in the UK. The receptionist was located in a small waiting room and made it clear to my wife that for a fee, At the time £1000, she could guarantee her application would be succesful and she also made it clear that if we didn't pay then there was a very good chance her visa application might fail so don't tell me I'm talking rubbish. When I sent her the 3rd letter to pass on to the embassy asking them to give her a visa to visit me in the UK I explained that I had spoken to my MP about her being refused twice and about them selling visa's, I hadn't but they didn't know that, it worked and she got her visa.

UK Embassy has outsourced running of their visa application center to company called VFS few years back. They collect the applications and passports, take them to embassy and return back to applicants once embassy has processed the visas. Just doing the manual bit of combining the paperwork together for the embassy to grant or refuse the applied visa.

Anyways, only way i see above possible is that your GF's passport and visa application was never filed in. Possible that the embassy receptionist kept the fees, never filed the appication in and just told your GF she was refused. Or did you get the refusal in writing from the embassy?

As stated above this is now almost impossible with the VFS set up as they are all in open office with supervision. Possible only if whole staff is included which is highly unlikely.

I don't know what is the more laughable. This garbled account of confabulated nonsense or the fact that anyone could be so gullible as to take it at face value.

While it seems things have changed in regards to how a visa application is submitted, this is what happened to my wife when she applied for a tourist visa to the UK and on the 3rd application she applied for a fiance visa and was granted it 1 day after the coup in 2006. She was informed in writing both times that she was refused a tourist visa explaining why she was refused, now I don't know if the receptionist was just trying her luck or if she really did have any influence over the decision of visa's but that is what happened to us.

There was no agency involved, everything was dealt with through the embassy and the applicant, sure there were people outside offering there services but lets be honest, would you really trust them?

Like people keep saying TIT and so I was expecting corruption but £1000? They musn't have realised I'm a Scotsman and as such I am tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.

Edited by Brigante7

I don't know what is the more laughable. This garbled account of confabulated nonsense or the fact that anyone could be so gullible as to take it at face value.

While it seems things have changed in regards to how a visa application is submitted, this is what happened to my wife when she applied for a tourist visa to the UK and on the 3rd application she applied for a fiance visa and was granted it 1 day after the coup in 2006. She was informed in writing both times that she was refused a tourist visa explaining why she was refused, now I don't know if the receptionist was just trying her luck or if she really did have any influence over the decision of visa's but that is what happened to us.

There was no agency involved, everything was dealt with through the embassy and the applicant, sure there were people outside offering there services but lets be honest, would you really trust them?

Like people keep saying TIT and so I was expecting corruption but £1000? They musn't have realised I'm a Scotsman and as such I am tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.

The coup was near the end of September in 2006, VFS took over the process of accepting UK Visa applications around May/June time in 2006.

Edited by CharlieB

Brigante 7, and the gooner if he's still reading, if what you say is true, why did you not make an official complaint?

Corruption of any sort will not be tolerated either by embassy staff or by VFS staff at the VAC.

Under the old system at the embassy when a visa was refused it would not have been a Thai receptionist who spoke to the applicant, but a British ECO. Either Brigante was twice conned by a Thai member of staff, in which case he should have complained immediately; or he's made it up.

Many applicants have been refused a visit visa on 'reason to return' grounds and then a short while afterwards been successful with a settlement application. The reason why is obvious to anyone who cares to think; with a settlement application 'reason to return' is eliminated.

If anyone feels that a VFS or embassy staff member is corrupt then they should make a formal complaint to the embassy or UKBIA. Moaning about it on an internet forum will not achieve anything except make some would be applicants nervous and so drive them into the clutches of one of the many visa agents in Thailand who do deliberately con money out of their unsuspecting victims.

Surely neither the gooner nor Brigante want that; do they?

The coup was near the end of September in 2006, VFS took over the process of accepting UK Visa applications around May/June time in 2006.

Again, never heard of VFS, the wife never left the embassy when applying for her visa, she handed all her documents in and went back for her interview 2 days later at the embassy and was told there and then that she had got her visa.