Blood Donation Needed Urgently.

PostmanPat

Hi Everyone,

I represent the Chiang Mai Social golfers Group, and right now, one of our members is in Hospital in Chiang Mai awaiting an operation to clear up some fluid on the lung following a broken rib. The problem is, some of his blood is infected and a blood transfusion is needed alongside the operation.

Unfortunately, his blood group is very rare, O Negative, and it is proving difficult to get blood from this group, as almost no Thai people are O Negative. This is an appeal for anyone reading this who has this blood group, would you please be prepared to donate a pint of blood to enable this operation to proceed?

In the circumstances, if the site permits, could anyone who can help please call me direct? My name is Malcolm, and my number is 086 820 3635. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I represent the Chiang Mai Social golfers Group, and right now, one of our members is in Hospital in Chiang Mai awaiting an operation to clear up some fluid on the lung following a broken rib. The problem is, some of his blood is infected and a blood transfusion is needed alongside the operation.

Unfortunately, his blood group is very rare, O Negative, and it is proving difficult to get blood from this group, as almost no Thai people are O Negative. This is an appeal for anyone reading this who has this blood group, would you please be prepared to donate a pint of blood to enable this operation to proceed?

In the circumstances, if the site permits, could anyone who can help please call me direct? My name is Malcolm, and my number is 086 820 3635. Thank you.

Malcolm I live in Udon Thani and I have O neg,if I can help you let me know.I called you but you where bussy.

Don't know about the Thais but about 8% worldwide are O Negative. There are 8 blood types with O Positive the most common at around 40% and the rarest AB Negative at around 1%.

The big problem, however, is that those who are O Negative can only receive blood from others who are also O Negative. The rarest group, AB Negative can receive transfusions from 4 of the other blood groups.

Hopefully, enough will read this who are O Negative and your friend can get the operation before his condition worsens.

is there an easy place to get tested? I think I am O negative... but it has been 20 years since i did the test :-) cant remember.

Go to a hospital or bloodbank it wont take long.I am O neg maybe we should make a list with people O neg just in case we may need it ourselves,since noody else can help us.

Hi Everyone,

As the original poster of the appeal, am pleased to report that donations have come forward in Chiang Mai to enable the operation to proceed today. We even had calls from guys in Udon Thani and Korat volunteering blood. Thanks to you all for your concern and your generous nature. The recipient is resting right now and I cannot contact him, but will post again as soon as I have good news of a successful operation.

Thanks again.