Want To Buy A Bbq Charcoal Or Firewood

denismsk

Hi, :o

i wanted to find a BBQ Charcoal Or Firewood in Pattaya, and couldn't find it in the most of the supermarkets like BigC. Is here any place, where i can buy it?

Thanks in advance!

You were very close to finding what you were seeking :D

In Homeworks next door to BigC on Sukhumvit road I saw just two days ago they had charcoal barbeques for sale.

WB

if you want charcoal, you can find them in blue plastic bags been sold on many sois around town outside these small, sell everything shops/habadasheries/hardware shopsetc or big store place on Suhumvit opposite tesco, or the shop next to carre four top floor, or BBQ store on Suhumvit east side between soi watboon and Theppaysit, take your pick.

The really cheap stuff the Thais use is available in any small Thai market. If you want higher grade stuff you can find it in Best, Foodland, Homeworks, Homepro and True Value Hardware. The USA brand Kingsford charcoal and starter fluid is in Foodland, Best and True Value. First hand knowledge as I buy it there

The Thai Fresh market places generally have one or two stalls/shops selling plastic carrier bags (mostly blue) of charcoal for 20 Baht a go. I've not bought the much larger sacks sold at the road side, last time I bought one it was 200 Baht I think.

Hi, :o

i wanted to find a BBQ Charcoal Or Firewood in Pattaya, and couldn't find it in the most of the supermarkets like BigC. Is here any place, where i can buy it?

Thanks in advance!

As has allready been mentioned you can find imported Farang style BBQ'S in some of the DIY shops I noticed some last week at Homepro next door to Carrfour in Pattaya Klang but I think they are overpriced especially the smaller ones, if you want the Thai style rectanguler metal ones that some of the street vendors use then go to the shop behind the Big C on 2nd rd that sells pots and pans and crockery etc. they have several sizes including metal stands for the larger ones.

• 1 year later...

Almost every Thai will know where to buy charcoal. I have found that the best charcoal comes fro the eucalyptus tree and oddly enough I found out also that the makers of this charcoal export it to Texas to the big BBQ restaurants there as a gourmet charcoal. I just moved to Pattaya from Hua Hin so I dont know where to buy it here yet. I also buy the wood chips at villa market and throw them onto the coals after covering up my Weber BBQ ....I buckled and bought a weber at Villa....Real pricey about 7k but worth every baht........

Almost every Thai will know where to buy charcoal. I have found that the best charcoal comes fro the eucalyptus tree and oddly enough I found out also that the makers of this charcoal export it to Texas to the big BBQ restaurants there as a gourmet charcoal. I just moved to Pattaya from Hua Hin so I dont know where to buy it here yet. I also buy the wood chips at villa market and throw them onto the coals after covering up my Weber BBQ ....I buckled and bought a weber at Villa....Real pricey about 7k but worth every baht........

Sorry but I am not sure where you bought your Weber. Villa??

I got my girlish figure from being a BBQ extraordinaire. Now really trying to cut down a little. One really good way to BBQ is to get some dead or diseased branches from some mango trees. Hire a guy with a machete to cut the branches into lengths that fit your grill, and build a "campfire" in your grill and when it finally burns down to coals, put some of the chips that fell during the machete chopping into some warm water for a while and use this concoction for smoking the food. Any fruit tree is good for this. I found the mango wood really good and almost free for the taking usually. Wonder6281...re-read the quote you just posted to find out where he bought the Weber...

Edited by bunta71

• 11 months later...

I'm also confused as to whether the OP is looking for a BBQ or fuel for the BBQ. If he's looking for the actual BBQ then they have quite a large selection at True Value on Sukhumvit. From Central Pattaya head south, past Pattaya Tai, past Thappraya and it's on the left maybe 200m after the Khao Talo junction. It has a large Hafale sign outside.

This is a two year old thread so the OP might have moved on, But I guess no harm to let it run as something might come out of it.