Is There Access To Usenet (binary Newsgroup) In Thailand?

cyberbillny

Hi guys,

I have some questions about Binary Newsgroup, hopefully someone here will be kind enough to share his knowledge.

I am moving to Bangkok (from USA) very soon and was wondering about Usenet or Newsgroup access in Thailand.

Usenet/Newsgroup is where I get all of my information needs here in the US, i.e., missed TV shows, radio programs, etc. I am currently subscribed to Giganews, who claims that they provide service in Asia. However, I heard that Thailand actually blocks some websites and there seems to be only a few Binary Newsgroup about Thailand. This leads me to feel uncertain if Usenet/Newsgroup access is entirely blocked or simply not available.

Question 1: Is there access to Usenet/Newgroup in Thailand ? Anyone here use Usenet/Newgroup in Thailand ?

Question 2: If Usenet/Binary newsgroup is accessible, will I be able to access and download from all groups or some groups are not accessible?

Question 3: If Usenet/Newsgroup is not available in Thailand, does anyone know any alternative for Binary downloading?

Thank you very much.

• 4 months later...

Thanks everyone for all replies.

- For all of us here who have complete access to usenet binary newsgroup, would you mind sharing which ISP you are using?

- I'll be in Bangkok and people told me TRUE is the dominant ISP. Does anyone know if TRUE block/ban any usenet binary groups, or all groups accessible.

TIA!