Mama's Burgers At The New Buddy Shopping Complex

why is it your number one burger bar, boater?

because they do a mama's Cheese Burger Duluxe, which consists of a home made burger patty ( about the same size as a whopper patty ) , cheese, onions, tomatos, bacon, mayo and Ketcup with French fries and a coke for 111 THB !!!! ........ or you can go for a double for 129 THB

it is probably the closest burger i have had in thailand that i can actaully call a ' Burger '

also it is all freshly made while you wait and the staff are friendly... and if you chose to eat in there is Free Wifi and they also have 4 plazma TV screens showing sport , movies and news..........

Bangkok Restaurant on the ring road - best burgers so far.

Where on ring road?

Bophut, Maret, Na Muang, Thaling Ngam, Lipa noi, Ang Thong or Mae Nam? :o

its joined to the Irish Times, next to Bandon Hospital... 20 mtres from Big C

But i had a burger there once and it wasnt all that and expensive

I had one a couple of weeks ago when I was in Samui and probably won't go back again. I just had the normal burger and it tasted really weird.

There is something wrong with the meat, that's for sure. I mean it's OK, but just a shade off what actual ground beef tastes like. But they really slather the mayo and ketchup on. Slices of dill pickle would really be the ticket, but that's impossible here.

Out of 100, I'd give the food about a 60.

The decor is different but the TV situation is not really good. All the sets tuned to different stations but the sound is on, on each? No, that doesn't really set the right mood for me....

Here's a tip for the best burger... keep it quiet :o - The Garland restaurant in Choeng Mon next to the new Family Mart and opposite The Orchid - home made burgers garnished with fried onions, lettuce, tomato, cheese and... dill pickle! Fantastic. All the food is good, but I can't get over the burgers.

Edited by danw

I had one a couple of weeks ago when I was in Samui and probably won't go back again. I just had the normal burger and it tasted really weird.

There is something wrong with the meat, that's for sure. I mean it's OK, but just a shade off what actual ground beef tastes like. But they really slather the mayo and ketchup on. Slices of dill pickle would really be the ticket, but that's impossible here.

Out of 100, I'd give the food about a 60.

The decor is different but the TV situation is not really good. All the sets tuned to different stations but the sound is on, on each? No, that doesn't really set the right mood for me....

Get a Take Away then... :o

Slices of dill pickle would really be the ticket

Thai made dillpickles are aviable at saver mart.

Have you tried them? Calling them dill pickles is a huge stretch of the imagination. More like sweetly vinegar flavored, formaldahyde-soaked cucumber. It's like aliens came down and took one great dill pickle back on their ship but when they got home, the thing had gone rancid so they tried to reverse-engineer the thing, with very limited success.

Frankly, Burger King blows Mama's out of the deep frier.

Hi,

This topic hits close to home for me. I never found a really great hamburger here. I grew up and got fat on hamburgers. Oh well... two other places that offer passable burgers in Choengmon Beach are the Orchid - but the service can take much too long there - and Bongos mispelled 'Bongoes' (on the way to Chaweng from Choengmon). But I drank their coffee, and it tasted like mud - they assured me it was fresh 'ground' :o. Actually these aren't glowing recommendations, Just OK. I'll check out Garland Restaurant next. Next time you're in BKK try the Garage (2 locations - in the All Seasons on Wireless Road close to Burger King, and in Central World Plaza) Could be better - but the best I've had in my 6 years here, except for Mikes - all the way up in Chiang Mai. At the Garage, forget ordering them Rare-Medium-rare, etc. They will all come out medium well, no matter what you ask for. Don't expect Fudrucker's quality or choices - and they're still not as good as when I cook them myself.

buzzer

• 4 weeks later...

Checked out the burgers at Mamas, taste good but its mainly sauce your tasting, I would ask them to take it easy on the salt with the fries as they do get a bit carried away.

There is also a good burger available at the crossroads in central Lamai opposite the Outback bar, used to buy them all the time when I lived there.

Best baguettes in Lamai can be found on the beach at the end of the road behind Macdonalds at Chillin bar, not only a great bar but great food also.

If you happen to make it to the other side of the island I found a tasty burger at Jonnos bar next to the entrance for Sala Samui Resort on Choeng Mon beach, rest of the menu is good also.

Happy eating!!

I myself think the best burger i had on the island is in the mexican in fishermans village. "mexican burger". But offcourse, i´m not American so for me the thikness or size and stuff like that is not a valuemeter. An American might say "to thin" or something like that. But the taste is awardwinning standard. To me anyway.

Banrak, samuipier, did a very good homemade beefburger (i brought an American one time and he said taste was good but the burger was way to thin) some months ago. Now the resturant part of that resort is runned by some french people and honestly i havent tried if the burger are still as good as before. But they where at least very good.

I saw a burger come in to another table the other day when i was eating breakfast at catcandoo in banrak, and it did look very good. There´s alot of places here on the north coast that serve homemade beefburgers. Maybe enough to even pinn a burger thread on the samui forum? :o

If you made one, perhaps, but this is a restaurant and you ought to be getting the benefit of not being the only customer. If you went out and made a Big Mac from scratch for one person, the costs would be higher, sure.

By the way, how much is a Big Mac here now, and how much for the new heart-stopping "Double Big Mac"?

Unfortunately I discovered Mama's burgers three nights ago... I've had a double cheese burger the past two nights!

Excellent value, not sure about the meat though - lips & a**holes probably, but hey... what do you expect from a burger?...

Lips & A'holes... :D

Not forgetting Trotter Nails or whatever they're called.. :o

Edited by MSingh

Unfortunately I discovered Mama's burgers three nights ago... I've had a double cheese burger the past two nights!

Excellent value, not sure about the meat though - lips & a**holes probably, but hey... what do you expect from a burger?...

Lips & A'holes... :D

Not forgetting Trotter Nails or whatever they're called.. :D

They taste good, trust me :o

• 4 weeks later...

I went there to gte some Burgers for myself & some Friends on Friday & low & behold, they told me they had " finish burger " & then started to laugh at me !!!!!!! :o

How a Burger Restaraunt could have the planning to allow itself to run out of Burgers is beyond me but hey, Amazing Thailand..

I went there to gte some Burgers for myself & some Friends on Friday & low & behold, they told me they had " finish burger " & then started to laugh at me !!!!!!! :o

How a Burger Restaraunt could have the planning to allow itself to run out of Burgers is beyond me but hey, Amazing Thailand..

my buddy had a fish sandwich and my eyes almost popped out of my head when i saw how huge it was, thus far good value for money but i expect to see the prices go up before long.