Homemade Egg Incubator For Birds.

I have been looking locally for an incubator but no luck, has anyone on the forum any ideas on a homemade job, better still if someone has made one,

Thanks for any input.

That's what google is for - just type in "how to build an incubator poultry" or similar and there's quite a list. As they say, it ain't rocket science :o

It's easy and it's cheep cheep :D

depends on what eggs u want to do...

have u considered foster hens-- we used doves as foster hens for parakeets, just make sure to count the days to get to the chicks during hatching

used turkey hens for all kind of hens eggs, used hens for all sorts, used a snake egg incubator as a hatchery and later bought one for different eggs,

most eggs need 21 days, and u have to turn them three times a day in the beginning (u mark the egg on one end); and the heat was a bulb, the box was made from styomfoam type stuff, and we did the manual turning /rolling of the eggs. also a bit of water at the bottom for moisture so we had to know exactly when the egg was to hatch to get the chick before it fell out of the egg in to the water and got wet... the guy who was the EGG MAN could tell me to an hour, when any egg would hatch, so at one point he kept the hatchery in his room for waking at night.

we actually produced large amounts of birds of all sorts even at the same time (some need more time then others) using this rather primitive method; proffessional machines are bigger, automatically tilt, and the chick doesnt get wet...

the worst thing was the power failures, something we have a lot of durin g winter storms here... therefore, a foster hen is often more reliable.

bina

israel

• 5 months later...
I have been looking locally for an incubator but no luck, has anyone on the forum any ideas on a homemade job, better still if someone has made one,

Thanks for any input.

Wa told they are sold in Bkk @ Sak Thoo Sak market. U can make one with 2 computer fans (12V) & 2 of 20W light bulbs.

In Australia 1 that can hold 100 chicken eggs with manual turn cost A$200.00 + shipping of about A$190.00.

If you can find one some where pls let me know as I want one for Changwat Nakhone Phanom. I'm in Australia.