Bangkok Hotels

Ted

Alright... before the chorus of check the history come out, this ones slightly different. Now for first time visitors they can easily be swayed to one area or another quite easily by budget. ie First time / Not there often, money to burn cause I'm on holiday plenty of nice hotels Sukhimvit / Siam / River OR on a tight budget, want to eek the money out KSR etc.

But what about for the regular visitor with a modest wallet!? Now looking at a budget of about 1000 Baht a night (more or less) and wanting to be near the Skytrain and on the Sukhimvit side of town. For me theres the tried and tested such as the Miami (getting worse and worse each year), the Manhatten (increasingly difficult to get a room since theyve organised package deals with the Japanese tourists.) Sommerset / Ambassador (ever increasing in price)Have seen many places with this budget on Soi 4 (find staying there a bit in your face, like a beer like the rest of us but don't want to wake up to it).

So with this criteria in mind can any old timers give a recommendation with the 1000 Baht budget in mind? Whether its in Siam or Asoke as long as its easily accesible. Thanks in advance - much appreciated.

I normally stay at the Honey on soi 19,B750 garage rooms-B1200 for a mini suite,but lately its always been ful.

So my old stand by is the Rex up at soi 36 B800,has a pool and near the sky train.They have just renovated a lot of rooms,good value in my opinion

My favourite has to be the Honey on Soi 19 as well. I find it's close to the skytrain and out of the way from noisy bars.

Robinsons is at the end of the street and 7-11 is close by.

The staff are friendly and I have always had the feeling of being at home away from home. The restaurant has nice food at a good price.

Alright... before the chorus of check the history come out, this ones slightly different. Now for first time visitors they can easily be swayed to one area or another quite easily by budget. ie First time / Not there often, money to burn cause I'm on holiday plenty of nice hotels Sukhimvit / Siam / River OR on a tight budget, want to eek the money out KSR etc.

But what about for the regular visitor with a modest wallet!? Now looking at a budget of about 1000 Baht a night (more or less) and wanting to be near the Skytrain and on the Sukhimvit side of town. For me theres the tried and tested such as the Miami (getting worse and worse each year), the Manhatten (increasingly difficult to get a room since theyve organised package deals with the Japanese tourists.) Sommerset / Ambassador (ever increasing in price)Have seen many places with this budget on Soi 4 (find staying there a bit in your face, like a beer like the rest of us but don't want to wake up to it).

So with this criteria in mind can any old timers give a recommendation with the 1000 Baht budget in mind? Whether its in Siam or Asoke as long as its easily accesible. Thanks in advance - much appreciated.

Ruamchitt Plaza on Sukhumvit rd near soi 15.....over the Thermae cafe...about halfway between Nana and Asoke Skytrain stations....reasonable rooms and a rooftop Pool....900 baht per night....can book through Asia Travel or phone and book direct on (662) 254 0205....e mail... [email protected]

Hope that helps

Thanks guys, all options I hadn't considered.

Is there really a hotel above the Thermae?! Never noticed.

Keep them replys coming :o

Yes there is. It's used for short time too but it's done discretely so as not to offend the other guests.

Keep them replys coming :o

Yeah .....the entrance is up the stairs next to the Bush Garden...I have had better hotels but the location is great. And the Thermae is still a great place to meet girls.

Edited by gburns57au

Surely the Thermae must be hurting with the closing hours? It really was the 'last chance saloon' seeming to serve alcohol till the last customer had called it a night!

Edited by Ted

Surely the Thermae must be hurting with the closing hours? It really was the 'last chance saloon' seeming to serve alcohol till the last customer had called it a night!

Not really....now it is not used as a last chance for all the Go Go girls.... last time I was there (Nov 10) the place was packed by 11pm....You dont get swamped when you go in, which makes it a welcome change from the Go Go's. Everything is fairly subtle, it is a chat up sort of a place where the guy has to a bit of the come on as well.

Keep them replys coming :D

Yeah .....the entrance is up the stairs next to the Bush Garden...I have had better hotels but the location is great. And the Thermae is still a great place to meet girls.

if you're cheap charly japanese that is.......young strange gals for them :o

and for the deperado's farlang, there are the old boilers :D

just had a peep, and couldn't wait to get to cm2 :D

King Royal garden apartments caters for long and short term stays. The place was only opened less than two years ago, so everything is still in good condition. They have a new swimming pool recently installed. It costs, i believe, about 800 baht a night, and is located directly below surasak bts station, so access is easy.

Keep them replys coming :D

if you're cheap charly japanese that is.......young strange gals for them :o

and for the deperado's farlang, there are the old boilers :D

just had a peep, and couldn't wait to get to cm2 :D

I have taken a few girls from there, none fit in the categories you describe. One in particular was 24yo, very attractive, well mannered and spoke very good English. The others were certainly not old boilers or strange young things. Although I have to admit there are some real hags there and I dont mean the real old girls who will take your drink orders and bring your drinks back to you in exchange for a tip, the unofficial waitresses.

It is best to hit the place at about 10pm to midnite...thats when it seems to be the busiest as far as the girls go.

Most of the girls are known to the staff and the non regs have to register with the bar, any problems and the girls are banned for upto 6 months...hence the girls that sit outside till closing.

Thanks Zovox, King Royal garden apartments  is not a place I have ever heard of and would appear to be reasonably convenient. Will googe.

Appreciated :o

Surasak is on the Silom line and not the Sukhumvit line....so it may not be as convenient especially late at night if you are looking in the Sukhumvit area. The Skytrain runs until midnite only.

Edited by gburns57au

King Royal garden apartments caters for long and short term stays. The place was only opened less than two years ago, so everything is still in good condition. They have a new swimming pool recently installed. It costs, i believe, about 800 baht a night, and is located directly below surasak bts station, so access is easy.

I googled...but no luck. Do you have their web site?

Don't believe they have a website. The building is just to the right of the famous Blue elephant restaurant, but is easily missed because it looks like an office block from the outside. Their telephone number is 02-6758120.

I have booked the Manhattan for 26 nights in February based on its location and some reviews that I read from past clients. About 1000 Baht per night.

Pinnacle in Lumpinee is fine. You can get a nice room for about 1000 Baht per night but to get that rate, you need to contact Jimmy on the 13th Floor. I have his number if you want it, pm me.

Don't believe they have a website. The building is just to the right of the famous Blue elephant restaurant, but is easily missed because it looks like an office block from the outside. Their telephone number is 02-6758120.

cheers :o

Edited by chuchok

Another hotel which i use when i'm in BKK . Stayed 2 times in Ruamchit ( above Thermea Palace ) but it's much worse then this one . Got the adress from a Thai friend . It is called Patumwan House , room price about 950 bath a night with big rooms , large fridge , aircon tv etc ... It's at the end of Soi Kasemsan 1 / Rama 1 Road . Very close for skytrain and shopping ( only 200 meters from MBK , across the street , at the very end of it , you don't see it from the street ) . Like i said , i was at Ruamchit which has about the same price range but this one could easy double the quality/size of rooms/ etc .. I can give you the tel number / complete adress and email if you want . I'm not sure i'm allowed to do :o ....