Aussie Rules

bails

G,Day everyone,

Can someone advise me on how to get aussie rules games on tv in Loei Province (Isaan).

I am set up with UBC satellite dish and PSI satellite dish neither of which show any Aussie rules or cricket. I know that some apartment buildings etc. are able to show Aussie rules but no one i speak to seems to know exactly what the requirements are.

If there is some one in "thaivisa" who can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

The Philippines network had an Australian Channel, Australia Network that showed the footy but it's been blocked in Thailand for a while now. The whole PI network is pirated and cannot be discussed here.

The South African network apparently has it and a lot of Thailand bars have this connected. I suggest you ask your UBC supplier if he can connect you to this.

Good luck.

My local cheapo cable supplier (Not UBC) gives Ozzy network as free with its service (we also get the SA channels)- check your local supplier of stolen tv.

I'm not sure how this can be illegal as the buggers turn up and take money off us every month and have several offices in town. :o

The Philippines network had an Australian Channel, Australia Network that showed the footy but it's been blocked in Thailand for a while now. The whole PI network is pirated and cannot be discussed here.

The South African network apparently has it and a lot of Thailand bars have this connected. I suggest you ask your UBC supplier if he can connect you to this.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply mate,i have checked with UBC but they can,t do it so i will chase up the Sth. African network and see if it is available through them.

My local cheapo cable supplier (Not UBC) gives Ozzy network as free with its service (we also get the SA channels)- check your local supplier of stolen tv.

I'm not sure how this can be illegal as the buggers turn up and take money off us every month and have several offices in town. :o

Thanks Slip i will have to get the mrs. to check out if there are other cable suppliers in our area and if so what networks are available.

Your reply much appreciated.

G,Day everyone,

Can someone advise me on how to get aussie rules games on tv in Loei Province (Isaan).

I am set up with UBC satellite dish and PSI satellite dish neither of which show any Aussie rules or cricket. I know that some apartment buildings etc. are able to show Aussie rules but no one i speak to seems to know exactly what the requirements are.

If there is some one in "thaivisa" who can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Get your PSI agent to realign the dish to the PAS8 satellite on the Eastern horizon should be OK in Loei as there is no problem in Udon Thani. You have to sacrifice the satellite over the Western extremety. A couple rugby league and 4 to 5 games of AFL every weekend on Australia Network - They often forget to encrypt the super 14s and we get that as well! BTW a free encoder card is available from Australia Network but you will need a different top box--- NO cricket though. Edited by bdenner

You have to sacrifice the satellite over the Western extremety

What does this mean mate

PAS8 is not normally a part of the PSI package. The dish will not travel far enough to get it so the technician has to realign the electric drive and in doing so we loose some obscure satellite covering India and the Middle East - Nothing on there worth watching anyway.

G,Day everyone,

Get your PSI agent to realign the dish to the PAS8 satellite on the Eastern horizon should be OK in Loei as there is no problem in Udon Thani. You have to sacrifice the satellite over the Western extremety. A couple rugby league and 4 to 5 games of AFL every weekend on Australia Network - They often forget to encrypt the super 14s and we get that as well! BTW a free encoder card is available from Australia Network but you will need a different top box--- NO cricket though.

Sounds like this will work in my area as we have unobstructed views to the east. I will get the PSI bloke in asap! Thanks a lot for the info. I rarely post on thai visa but pick up a lot of info just reading the forums and find there is just about always someone out there who has the knowledge to be able to assist some one with a problem. Thanks again.

You can get information on another legal option here.

You will probably have to check with them to see if it works in your area.

Thanks for the link to that website ,i have checked it out but will see if i can get the aussie channel on PSI. If that is not possible i will follow up that website.Your info is much appreciated.

The footy is blocked on the Australian network?

Are you sure? How long has this been happening?

I don't know to who or what you are basing this comment. I stated that it was the Super 14s (and other Rugby Union) games that were encrypted (or supposed to be) AN provide a free card to expat Aussies living overseas to view these games. Something to do with the residence of Darwin and the far North being able to align their satellite dishes to tune to these games for which FOX or one of them have exclusive rights to in Australia.