Internet Lease Line In Thailand

axisgec

who know price of internet lease line( 10Mbps download-broadband) in thailand?

And who provide that services?

TRUE and TOT providing that high speed leased line service but for to the cost you'll need to call them but it's very expensive!!!

You can als check KSC, CS-Loxinfo and Samart Telecom.

Cheers.

who know price of internet lease line( 10Mbps download-broadband) in thailand?

And who provide that services?

we used to have a 768kbit leaseline (up and down) for 27000 THB/month via KSC (line by True)

used for a 24/7 vpn connection to Holland

Worked great, quite stable, international bandwidth was stable and faster then at home with 2 mbit True ADSL line.

But the price is rather high for the lousy 768

(7 years ago we started with 128 for the same price)

Got this quote from CS Loxinfo a year ago:

1. Internet Leased line speed 512 Kbps

a. Installation Fee waive

b. Internet monthly fee with Media True 26,900.00

2. Internet Leased Line speed 1 Mbps

a. Installation Fee waive

b. Internet monthly fee with Media True 30,000.00

Special Offer & Value Added :

1. Included Media and on site Installation

2. Free real IP 16 IP address

3. Free SMS Alert via mobile phone

4. Real time Utilization Report via CS Loxinfo website (MRTG)

5. Engineer support and monitoring 24 hours x 7 days

6. Free Appication Fee International Roaming Account 10 accounts (GRIC & Ipass)

7. High network availability (more than 99.9%)

8. Full Bandwidth for both International and Domestic bandwidth

9. 955 Mbps Fiber Optic International link, Domestic exchange link with NIX (CAT) at 4 Gbps.

Terms & Condition

Payment Term: 30 days

Delivery Time: 10 working days after confirmation date

Contract Period: 12 months

Remark

1 All price is VAT exclusive and in Thai Baht. \

2 Payment is monthly basis

I haven't looked into the situation at the office in a while, but talk to Pacific. They're one of the better outfits in town and I believe the leased line to the office was about 20K/mo. Can't swear on that, but I sat in on negotiations with them as well as (I think) TOT. It's been enough to handle remote backups of database stuff hosted elsewhere and to perform other bandwidth intensive things, but the problem with everything in Thailand is the international traffic. You can get a pretty wide pipe, but the latency sucks balls, so even with a leased line things like VoIP and teleconferencing are dicey and hosting anything requiring high availability is a non-starter. I've always assumed the multinationals like Chevron and Unilever have satellite dishes, but I've never looked into it.

Hi :o

We are currently shopping for one, too, as ISSP got too expensive..... so fresh info as of yesterday:

TRUE 10 Mb = 172,500 Baht/month

Currently ISSP 1 Mb = 34,700 Baht/month

Probably going for this:

TOT 1 Mb = 12,400 Baht/month (they have promotions going on right now, but don't serve all areas!)

Kind regards....

Thanh

Special Offer & Value Added :

1. Included Media and on site Installation

2. Free real IP 16 IP address

3. Free SMS Alert via mobile phone

4. Real time Utilization Report via CS Loxinfo website (MRTG)

5. Engineer support and monitoring 24 hours x 7 days

6. Free Appication Fee International Roaming Account 10 accounts (GRIC & Ipass)

7. High network availability (more than 99.9%)

8. Full Bandwidth for both International and Domestic bandwidth

9. 955 Mbps Fiber Optic International link, Domestic exchange link with NIX (CAT) at 4 Gbps.

Terms & Condition

Payment Term: 30 days

Delivery Time: 10 working days after confirmation date

Contract Period: 12 months

Remark

1 All price is VAT exclusive and in Thai Baht. \

2 Payment is monthly basis

Thank you for informations, How do I apply Fiber optic international link with NIX(CAT)? Do you know how apply?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for informations, How do I apply Fiber optic international link with NIX(CAT)? Do you know how apply?

I would like to know about this too. I professionally trade the U.S. stock market while in Thailand, and would be willing to pay the cost for a direct fiber link. If anyone knows how to go about doing so, it would be much appreciated!

Osten

The cheapest option must be 2 ISPS sharing a load balancing router using 2 lines. Setup for say 4mb True and 4mb Co Loxinfo would only be 4500THB and say 20000THB to buy the router.

I would much rather have that setup that put all my eggs in one basket with a single Thai Company leased line knowing how much they charge and Thai ISP reliability. Looking at the savings alone plus backup system.

Edited by namoo

i don't really see the point in having a leased line in thailand, speed outside is simply too slow and for the prices they ask, it's not cost effective.

i had in the past a 1mb line from pacific at 4300baht (4-5 months ago), the line was very stable and actually provided the speed they promised at all hours of the day!

now i'm at a new apartment so i got a tot biz , 1mb for 1700baht and i am surprised to say that it's a great line (not like pacific, but for that price..) getting stable line 99% of the time, and the speed for downloading stuff from outside of thailand never goes below 100k/sec so they can provide the speed if you pay for the biz plan.

best option for anyone who have a serious internet related biz and would like to be sure he's online 24/7 would be to have 2 phone lines and simply have a load balancing router with 2 good connections. tot and pacific would be my choice ( i guess tot would preform differently, depending on your location).

my 2 (maybe 3) cents.

Hi All - I note you are saying a 1 MB account but speed of 100kb/s. You don't mean 1 MB is your download limit do you ??

I am considering moving to the general HH area and like another poster trade the stock and currency markets. Seems to me the best option as you have said is two lines for reliability and load sharing router, that's good but now what is the download allowance. Here in Aust. I have 60 GB / month for about AU$120 or ~ 2600 Baht total cost. My connection is ADSL 2+ and I get ~ 800 kb/s which is not wonderful since adsl 2+ is supposedly capable of 2400 kb/s. I am a user of torrents also. :-)

Download allowance and reliability are my bigger concerns though. Can someone comment on these two points please.

Thanks,

Altos.

Hi All - I note you are saying a 1 MB account but speed of 100kb/s. You don't mean 1 MB is your download limit do you ??

I am considering moving to the general HH area and like another poster trade the stock and currency markets. Seems to me the best option as you have said is two lines for reliability and load sharing router, that's good but now what is the download allowance. Here in Aust. I have 60 GB / month for about AU$120 or ~ 2600 Baht total cost. My connection is ADSL 2+ and I get ~ 800 kb/s which is not wonderful since adsl 2+ is supposedly capable of 2400 kb/s. I am a user of torrents also. :-)

Download allowance and reliability are my bigger concerns though. Can someone comment on these two points please.

Thanks,

Altos.

hi.

from my experience there is no download limit, i am sure that every isp have a download limit in their contract but i don't believe this would ever be enforced, especially not in thailand. i am not using torrents since it's just too slow in thailand, what i do use are usenet groups which gives me full download speed all the time, and i download hd movies 24/7 and never got any call from the isp asking me to cut down on my bandwidth usage. (some months i passed 150gig of downloads, simply because i stop the downloads when working).

as for reliability, as i mentioned before, you can try pacific, expensive but reliable, and tot biz as backup line, these 2 gave me good connections. mind you, it really depends on the area your living and other factors.

hope this help.

hi.

from my experience there is no download limit, i am sure that every isp have a download limit in their contract but i don't believe this would ever be enforced, especially not in thailand. i am not using torrents since it's just too slow in thailand, what i do use are usenet groups which gives me full download speed all the time, and i download hd movies 24/7 and never got any call from the isp asking me to cut down on my bandwidth usage. (some months i passed 150gig of downloads, simply because i stop the downloads when working).

as for reliability, as i mentioned before, you can try pacific, expensive but reliable, and tot biz as backup line, these 2 gave me good connections. mind you, it really depends on the area your living and other factors.

hope this help.

I agree usenet groups with say newzbin and usenetserver and shemes grabit software is the fastest way in Thailand and 4mb loxinfo or True internet. nearly max's out a tot 2mb connection at 220-230kb/s. (Btw that is what all your pantip and fortune movie sellers and games sellers are using not torrents).

Also as stated above no real point in a leased line as the international bandwidth gateways from Thailand are so over utilized its really not worth it. Within Thailand you will get the speed that you paid for otherwise forget it.

Edited by namoo

Yeah - I am aware of usenet but never used them. I also use Perr Guardian which supposedly is like a P2P tunnel.

Seems your speeds are a bit slower than I would have expected but also seems you have no real complaint which is good to note. Yes, location is a problem with ADSL, maybe I will try and rent space in the exchange, build a little apartment, then it should fly.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Altos

• 2 weeks later...

I am also after Backup. My TRUE disconects me about every 2 hours, be it a quick one, but takes several mins to get every thing going again. Normally I doubt I would ever notice, except that I havea data feed that logs that for me and of course when running that other program. I am thinking TRUE 4meg (possible 8 in a few months which may mean 512 in reality) which I have and Loxinfo 4meg and buy a router like below. I cut & paste some info and the links I got the info from.

Note $355Aussie is 8800Baht plus freight and 30% extortion by the Thai Gov. But this was just a idea for pricing.

"No, not if you expect to be able to in some way utilize the bandwidth of both connections. You will require a load balancing dual wan router in order to accomplish that.

I use a Linksys RV082 router for this purpose, and it quite effectively lets me use the combined bandwidth as well as providing automatic backup if one line goes down" .

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21966118-...-to-work-as-one

http://www.getprice.com.au/LINKSYS-RV082-V...1--35124936.htm

Edited by goofie

CAT Telecom leased copper or fiber optic line, as per 3 weeks ago:

256K 13,600 Baht/month

384K 17,000

512K 20,500

768K 26,500

1MBit 30,800

2MBit 43,800

4 MBit 64,000

6 MBit 125,000

8 MBit 126,800

10 MBit 152,000

+VAT 7%. No setup/initial fee. 100% International bandwidth "guaranteed".

In Post #18 I linked some info to the RV082. I don't know much about this stuff, but it doesn't seem to be the best at it. As I find out more over the up comming weeks I will post here. Below is some info from a review.

http://www.retrevo.com/search?q=Linksys%20RV082&rt=oa

"Another interesting feature is that the RV082 lets you connect a second Internet line as a backup to insure that you're never disconnected from your vital link to the Internet. Should one link fail, the other link is capable of keeping you hooked to the net. Of course this assumes that you have something like a cable modem and a DSL connection or two of each."

"As useful as that is, the RV082 has another surprise up its sleeve, which is that it can also use both Internet ports at the same time, and let the router balance the traffic. The RV082 may not be particularly intelligent as a load balancer, but you can enter some basic numbers about how much bandwidth you want to use as a watermark and if the bandwidth exceeds that number the next connection goes out on the alternate link. Not exactly the 16-flavors of load balancing you'd get with a BigIP or an Alteon, but not a bad idea for a device with a street price around $275 (as of this writing)."

• 4 months later...

www.kirz.com

we are using their service for more than 1 year now.

price for a 4mbit/4mbit fiber optic link ( guaranteed international bandwidth ) is approx 44k baht ( รวม VAT 7% ).

Edited by schlomo

I am interested in a dual line load balanced router as mentioned above. Its prime reason would be to cope with outages from one ISP or the other.

At the moment i only have 1 phone line, and maxnet premier. Here in HH, it looks as though we only have TTT and TOT.

Questions :-

1. If i install a new telephone line, presumably that is only 'new' from the telegraph pole on the street outside to my house. If there is a problem anywhere between the exchange and my house, would that mean both connections would go down ?

2. Do TOT and TTT use completely different infrastructure, or the same ? i.e. is my idea of redundancy to beat outages realistic ?

3. Using a dual input router, would it be possible (instead of installing a second telephone line) to plug a use a USB router into one of the ports and use that as input ? TTT dont go down that often and i get okish speed, so just keeping the connection alive with an EDGE would probably be ok for a couple of hours. If i plug an edge USB into the computer directly, i guess that the software would use one connection or the other and not shift seamlessly between the 2.

Lastly, has anyone seen a dual router here in Thailand.

Thanks for your help

• 6 months later...
www.kirz.com

price for a 4mbit/4mbit fiber optic link ( guaranteed international bandwidth ) is approx 44k baht ( รวม VAT 7% ).

@Schlomo: You still happy with Kirz?

I moved to BKK (Sukh Soi 31) in January 1st and am currently on TOT 8 MB. Speedtests show roughly 9 MB(!) for Thailand but the dreaded 700 KB (at best) for Farang Land. I guess that is normal in LOS? Also not always stable albeit mostly.

So now also toying with the idea of a leased line and guaranteed international bandwith. Have emailed several providers and here is my first quotation from Kirz:

Dear X,

We can provide you with Fiber optic transmission line to your unit if your priority is STABILITY and GUARANTEED International Bandwidth. Please see Tariff beneath for your consideration.

BW (1:1) Media Monthly Tariff (in baht) exclude VAT

2M Copper 30300

4M FO 51000

6M FO 76500

10M FO 127100

Above tariff requires minimum 1 year contract. There will be 20,000 baht for installation charge (one time). This not include the building entrance fee, and in-building wiring.

Installation charge will include putting new fiber optic line from our nearest node to X building in MDF room, and having our engineer configuring the router at your unit. The lead time for installation is between 3-5 weeks.

We’ve network monitoring team standby 24/7. From my experience, this solution is the most suitable one for our foreign client who concern International BW quality. Please likely see our profile and reference in attachments.

Best regards,

X

• 4 weeks later...

yepp, no problems here :)

www.kirz.com

@Schlomo: You still happy with Kirz?

I moved to BKK (Sukh Soi 31) in January 1st and am currently on TOT 8 MB. Speedtests show roughly 9 MB(!) for Thailand but the dreaded 700 KB (at best) for Farang Land. I guess that is normal in LOS? Also not always stable albeit mostly.

So now also toying with the idea of a leased line and guaranteed international bandwith. Have emailed several providers and here is my first quotation from Kirz:

Dear X,

We can provide you with Fiber optic transmission line to your unit if your priority is STABILITY and GUARANTEED International Bandwidth. Please see Tariff beneath for your consideration.

BW (1:1) Media Monthly Tariff (in baht) exclude VAT

2M Copper 30300

4M FO 51000

6M FO 76500

10M FO 127100

Above tariff requires minimum 1 year contract. There will be 20,000 baht for installation charge (one time). This not include the building entrance fee, and in-building wiring.

Installation charge will include putting new fiber optic line from our nearest node to X building in MDF room, and having our engineer configuring the router at your unit. The lead time for installation is between 3-5 weeks.

We've network monitoring team standby 24/7. From my experience, this solution is the most suitable one for our foreign client who concern International BW quality. Please likely see our profile and reference in attachments.

Best regards,

X

I am interested in a dual line load balanced router as mentioned above. Its prime reason would be to cope with outages from one ISP or the other.

At the moment i only have 1 phone line, and maxnet premier. Here in HH, it looks as though we only have TTT and TOT.

Questions :-

1. If i install a new telephone line, presumably that is only 'new' from the telegraph pole on the street outside to my house. If there is a problem anywhere between the exchange and my house, would that mean both connections would go down ?

Correct. One alternative is to also use a wireless connection balanced into your local network.

2. Do TOT and TTT use completely different infrastructure, or the same ? i.e. is my idea of redundancy to beat outages realistic ?

Not sure who shares what, but if a 4-axle truck hits the telegraph pole on your street your redundancy becomes pretty unstuck.

3. Using a dual input router, would it be possible (instead of installing a second telephone line) to plug a use a USB router into one of the ports and use that as input ? TTT dont go down that often and i get okish speed, so just keeping the connection alive with an EDGE would probably be ok for a couple of hours. If i plug an edge USB into the computer directly, i guess that the software would use one connection or the other and not shift seamlessly between the 2.

Couple of options here:

1. Load balancer that supports USB dongles. Try Peplink W20. Good load balancer, 1 WAN and 1 USB to load balance an ADSL/Wireless set-up. Costs about $300 from US or EU. The Thai distributors of Peplink seem to add on enough margin to take a nice holiday so avoid them. You can also go further and add on other redundancy layers such as satellite etc.

2. Simple MiFi solution. I have a MiFi I take around. It's like a USB dongle, except that it has in-built WiFi. You simply insert a SIM, sit it down and it acts as a router for your 3G/EDGE/... connection for up to 5 clients. 5 hours usage on single charge, and doesn't take up a USB port either. I got unlocked version for ~£60 on Ebay. Product details here - http://www.three.co.uk/_standalone/Device_...d=1220456635256. Haven't tried yet, but believe it also supports 850MHz (True 3g band).

Lastly, has anyone seen a dual router here in Thailand.

Peplink do have distributors here, but they charge crazy prices. Peplink are well regarded in this space and do offer a number of entry level products <$500 which work very well. Also found their support great when it came to setting up CAT CDMA modems.