Thailand May Seek To Extradite Thaksin: Pm

george

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last ! The man will soon be back to sort out this crippling economy.

A victory to the Phua Thai party ! All the boys are rubbing their hands at the thought of "finally" getting that big pay day that they have been waiting for. :o

Im so excited about this ! :D

surprise when you get yer head outa the sand,hilarious

in hongkong, there is a govt organization called icac (?) that probably would assist the thai govt in detaining fugitive tucksin. geeweez, those who haves couldn't careless which half-decently honest looking person runs the show, but the havenots, particularly those less than honest politicians, wishing for his handouts, appears truly want his return to former status, so they could once again deplete poor thailand even more. so sympathetic with the poorer and less experienced northeastern territory which has not been more blessed. much like saudi underground is so fertile but its neighboring arab is not. also very much like many farangs coming to thailand and loving their thai ladies with different intensities, wow .... tsk, tsk, tsk... better not go there.

Tailand has a judiciary that has backed the military with rulings that have outlawed the countries own electorial watchdog's because they didn't like the outcome of the election. They olso outlawed MP's of parties they don't like until the elected goverment couldn't function and now, through a thinly disguised coup; have installed thier man as prime minister! Until there is a radical overhall of the constitution to create a level playing field and the ousting of these politically motivated judges Thailand will continue from crisis to crisis.

if you are actually there and looking the real people like the new pm like crazy,,the mercs are still doin there job tho till they run outa cash,T has a bit tho mite take awhile

At least he was elected twice (or is three times) by the people (legally) and not put up by puppet Generals.

:o

Fobuff

through bribery/vote buying/corruption//media control/cencorship/bullying of opponents/state and police violence etc.

not exactly democratic. just because someone gets the most votes doesnt mean they were elected in a democratic way.

the pre requisites for democracy - rule of law, human rights, freedom of speech, fear from intimidation and political violence, accountability - just dont exist in thailand at present.

i hate the yellowshirts too. thailand needs real change not just one bunch of rich power mad brutes fighting another.

A lot of people liked him. He was elected.

That's the problem. There is nobody.

Sadly, you are right, there really is nobody. The problem is the general acceptance for a corrupt "Nisay" (disposition) does not help to change matters. Corruption is part of the social infrastructure, and that is the problem - a dishonest, money and power hungry disposition is built in since early education with the general mindset.

I was there at a village and saw votes paid for by red shirts ,is that legal,,try to take a real look and the people who like him are the most undereducated in the country who were promised cows etc i was there and my wife thai wife helped me understand and i speak well enough,do you?

A lot of people liked him. He was elected. not really

Thanksin did more for Thailand than any other PM here. Don't believe the hype the new government has fed you.

i was there almost a decade,what info do you have,?sounds like you read the papers

hitler was wonderful,,there now some of you believe it dont ya,,,comon its written right there so it must be true if its written,, according to the usa media if you write it enough,its true regardless of actual experience or reality,,and thats the big prob with usa and why it may go down the tubes like rome,just like it

At least he was elected twice (or is three times) by the people (legally) and not put up by puppet Generals.

:D

Fobuff

If you can call buying your way into power (and it was twice) "as being elected" then you must be a member of the Thai Rak Thai party (or perhaps a red shirt) or come from some banana republic (such as Dominica, Zimbabwe, and there are quite a few other examples to choose from) :o

Fobuff

through bribery/vote buying/corruption//media control/cencorship/bullying of opponents/state and police violence etc.

not exactly democratic. just because someone gets the most votes doesnt mean they were elected in a democratic way.

the pre requisites for democracy - rule of law, human rights, freedom of speech, fear from intimidation and political violence, accountability - just dont exist in thailand at present.

i hate the yellowshirts too. thailand needs real change not just one bunch of rich power mad brutes fighting another.

I agree, but Thaksin seems to be singled out as a bad apple. The pre requisites for democarcy are all the things that you mention, but lets not forget that Thailand has not really had those pre requisites in the past either. To focus on Thaksin and his party as this evil anti democratic monster is a bit unfair as it doesn't take in to consideration what has gone before - which was more of the same.

The question that should be asked is Thailand really ready for democracy? The indications seems to suggest that it isn't. Although It would seem that that is what the people and the country are striving for. I think that the barrier to true democracy is the reluctance of the old power brokers to trust in democracy. They still want their fingers in the pie, so to speak, instead of allowing democracy to flourish.

Thanksin did more for Thailand than any other PM here. Don't believe the hype the new government has fed you.

Thaksin did more (much more) for himself than he ever did for the country. Billions of Baht (billions of $$$$'s in fact) that were siphoned off.

Add to that 3,000 people killed extra-judicially in his war on drugs.

Personally I believe it might be better if he were left to rot in some other country rather than be readmitted (under whatever circumstances) to foment anarchy.

welovethakky.jpg

Foreign Ministry to Have Police Arrest Thaksin in Hong Kong

The Foreign Ministry may request assistance from international police to arrest former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is expected to make a speech to reporters in Hong Kong.

Foreign Ministry's Deputy Spokesman Thani Thongpakdee said that it is up to Royal Thai Police and the Attorney-General whether to arrest Thaksin Shinawatra or not, and if so, how to do so.

The Foreign Ministry is ready to produce the necessary documents upon the request of the Attorney-General.

The International press association of Hong Kong said that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is preparing to make a speech this Monday.

Meanwhile, AFP news quoted former political scientist Prayad Hongthongkam's analysis of Thaksin's speech as saying it is a sign of desperation and that the former PM is approaching the end of political exile, hence his recent decision to confront his opponents.

Prayad also believes that Thaksin is pleading with the international community for sympathy.

Prayad said that Thaksin is willing to do anything to get his associates back in power including the potential formation of a coalition government. The former PM can return to Thailand without being arrested in one of two ways. One is to have political associates in power, and the other is to seek amnesty.

The International press association of Hong Kong reported that Thaksin Shinawatra is going to deliver his speech this coming Monday March 2nd, 2009.

- TOC / 2009-02-26

why dont they just lock this dude up . or something all he does is start trouble.if he had happend in the states soon as they kick him out. that would have been it. it wouldnt have been none this trying to get your peole in power stuff. even if they thought he was trying something like that he would be in big trouble. thailand must be the only place you can pull so shit like this .ps they almost mess up my trip last year. with this stuff but thank god they got in work out.iam talking about the airport

Quotes fixed to properly reflect who wrote what.

Interesting that they need to extradite Thaskin yet cant arrest/find the PAD leaders who are in the government cabinet and committed an act of terrorism . I know, its under investigation.

Thaksin's case was under investigation for two years prior to his arrest warrant being issued.

I hope you're not going to be making the above off-topic post in every thread for the next 2 years.

Edited by sriracha john

Abhisit said his government will ensure that everyone is under the law.

So, the PAD terrorists who kept Thailand ransom are under the law now and serving their time in jail?

So, I can go anywhere in Thailand now and be sure the no "tea money" will be asked by a crappy official?

This Abhisit is the worst nightmare Thailand has ever seen.

So, the PAD terrorists who kept Thailand ransom are under the law now and serving their time in jail?

Perhaps in two years time, it would be a more appropriate and realistic question...

So, I can go anywhere in Thailand now and be sure the no "tea money" will be asked by a crappy official?

It's a process. It doesn't occur overnight.

It's far better to at least make the effort to try and do something about the endemic corruption rather than it is to rail against those that are making the effort.

OR an inspiration that finally perhaps Thailand can begin to make some improvements.

Edited by sriracha john

OK, I have a fantasy scenario. Could this happen? Would it work? Would the people accept it?

1. Thaksin extradited

2. Thaksin directly from airport (in handcuffs) and Abhisit called to the palace for an national unity emergency audience

3. Abhisit pledges to effect a pardon for all current and future criminal charges against Thaksin and also be able to keep his money, Thaksin pledges to finally quit all activity politics in any and all ways in a venue he won't ever be able to weasel out of (as he always has in the past). Also a nice touch would be a public speech of apology and national unity where he announces his final departure from all public life. The penalty for Thaksin for breaking this in any way, including controlling a puppet proxy/relative would be instant imprisonment.

Both sides get some of what they want, more or less, giving some, taking some. The palace remains officially non-partial, only acting in an emergency mode to prevent a national meltdown.

Thaksin is not worth for that.

He is rottening now and he is over!

I am suprised NOBODY has mentioned that MR. Thaskin is now an honorary citizen of Nicaragua complete with passport..

Any body think the old trickster does not feel the noose tightining around his neck?

As too the comments about only a few months of the 3 years in jail....he will be brought before the courts for 9 other much more serious cases....

When everybody is under the law, we'll see these:

1. PAD leaders will go to jail.

2. Samak and Somchai will be hand in hand and go to jail.

3. Red shirts who killed other Thai at Udon will go to jail.

4. Red shirts who broke Mr.Prem's house will go to jail.

5. Before that, Thaksin will go to jail as the leader of all above because his case is already evicted by supreme court.

Then, we all Thai people and farangs who have well wish to the LOS that they are now living in will continue our lives as usual.

will it happen?

Fobuff

Yes....its' clear that Thai's are all corrupt, incompetent, stupid.....totally incapable of running anything right. What this country needs is to hire falangs to run things for them. I would suggest execs from the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), some wall street fund managers, the management form Lehman Bros, Bernie Madof, and of course some of the bankers from Iceland. Everything would be running like clockwork in no time. :D

Fobuff

isnt this terrible to see these posters so oblivious,thats the root of the problem and the worst of life,so sad to see the lack of education in this situation and its never gonna end on this poor planet,please go to school and travel before you talk and write

hey,you want heaven over nite,get off yer hih horse,progress is bein made,sheesh,travel somtime ,so slow headed

why dont they just lock this dude up . or something all he does is start trouble.if he had happend in the states soon as they kick him out. that would have been it. it wouldnt have been none this trying to get your peole in power stuff. even if they thought he was trying something like that he would be in big trouble. thailand must be the only place you can pull so shit like this .ps they almost mess up my trip last year. with this stuff but thank god they got in work out.iam talking about the airport

in th states?were you been,,hed be bankrolled and elected usually,less transparent there but ???yeah its a shock to see th like of you

Interesting that they need to extradite Thaskin yet cant arrest/find the PAD leaders who are in the government cabinet and committed an act of terrorism . I know, its under investigation.

act of terrorism,weapons of mass dest yadda yadda yadda,get a life and communicate already,reality,ever heard of it???

Fobuff

Yes....its' clear that Thai's are all corrupt, incompetent, stupid.....totally incapable of running anything right. What this country needs is to hire falangs to run things for them. I would suggest execs from the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), some wall street fund managers, the management form Lehman Bros, Bernie Madof, and of course some of the bankers from Iceland. Everything would be running like clockwork in no time. :D

hey whos down on thais,just down on dum brainwashed people,my thai family wear yellow shirts and are all over th net and went to school and can think fir themselves and dont get paid to rally,im a farang and f33k spelling you know what ima writin

FEW WORDS BUT SMART.... HE WAS THE ONLY ONE ANYONE CAN REMEMBER AS A PM.

yeah everybody remembers hitler too,

what about roosevelt?chrchhill,martin luther,nope

Does anyone else find the timing of this announcement suspect. The coup guys sent lawyers to England, nine of them, to work on Thaksin's extradition. As far as we know they are still there. Now the current prime minister and his PAD liaison, the foreign minister, are making similar noises which I would consider 'saber rattling' if the PM had ever served in the military. Because of the much delayed and venue changing 14th ASEAN summit the PM needs to make a statement declaring a strong position on the matter.

Abhisit is simply a puppet for the military and without military support his government would collapse sooner rather than later this year. The PM has done nothing but streamline and rename populist giveaways from the deposed PM's government. On the plus side, the appointed PM does have great English language skills. Enjoy!

OK, I have a fantasy scenario. Could this happen? Would it work? Would the people accept it?

1. Thaksin extradited

2. Thaksin directly from airport (in handcuffs) and Abhisit called to the palace for an national unity emergency audience

3. Abhisit pledges to effect a pardon for all current and future criminal charges against Thaksin and also be able to keep his money, Thaksin pledges to finally quit all activity politics in any and all ways in a venue he won't ever be able to weasel out of (as he always has in the past). Also a nice touch would be a public speech of apology and national unity where he announces his final departure from all public life. The penalty for Thaksin for breaking this in any way, including controlling a puppet proxy/relative would be instant imprisonment.

Both sides get some of what they want, more or less, giving some, taking some. The palace remains officially non-partial, only acting in an emergency mode to prevent a national meltdown.

You are right - definitely a fantasy scenario. Thaksin has been consistent in one and only one scenario - being completely incapable of ever admitting responsibility for his own malfeasance.

Does anyone else find the timing of this announcement suspect. The coup guys sent lawyers to England, nine of them, to work on Thaksin's extradition. As far as we know they are still there. Now the current prime minister and his PAD liaison, the foreign minister, are making similar noises which I would consider 'saber rattling' if the PM had ever served in the military. Because of the much delayed and venue changing 14th ASEAN summit the PM needs to make a statement declaring a strong position on the matter.

Abhisit is simply a puppet for the military and without military support his government would collapse sooner rather than later this year. The PM has done nothing but streamline and rename populist giveaways from the deposed PM's government. On the plus side, the appointed PM does have great English language skills. Enjoy!

ok ok taksin lovers and >>> do you raelize how ludicrus(sp) you are looking,,we are enjoying your weak show now,,keep it up,,hilarious and really sad ..sad cause my family will suffer ,they all will if you hav your criminal way of subverting truth,im onto you,and gettn stronger,lets tussle,soon enough,but in th end its for us to see how it is to be material and drop th love for th sake of gain