Google Maps, Thailand

MZurf

I see that Google has added Thailand on their list of countries they supply this particular type of site for.

http://maps.google.co.th/

Anyone know how to get this site to "speak English" (if at all possible)?

What happens when you go to maps.google.com instead of maps.google.co.th?

This will work.

In fact, the Google maps mobile version will even locate you using cell towers. Well at least in Bangkok it worked.

Has anyone managed to get Google Maps to find an address? For the life of me, I can't figure out the right incantation to find addresses in Thailand. What is the "correct" address format and does it work on Google Maps?

A really nice feature request would be to return an address in either English or Thai by pointing to the map. I can find my in-laws' houses by navigating the map, but not by typing in any form of address.

Has anyone managed to get Google Maps to find an address? For the life of me, I can't figure out the right incantation to find addresses in Thailand. What is the "correct" address format and does it work on Google Maps?

A really nice feature request would be to return an address in either English or Thai by pointing to the map. I can find my in-laws' houses by navigating the map, but not by typing in any form of address.

I've tried some business addresses and it does not work well. Lots of times it gets worse the more specific the address gets.

In a lot of cases, Google have been fed bad info from locals or others.

On Phutta Monthon Sai 4 the sois are all incorrectly numbered.

This is probably the case in a lot of other areas.

At least the GPS works for Lat & Lon.