Ubon City Accom.

songhklasid

I'll be spending more time in ubon, on my next visits to thailand (#2 resides in amnat chareon) & staying @ laitong works out a bit pricey if not carefull. I was wondering any advice on rooms/ apartments for short term stays, or other hotels,prefer pool, any info /comments welcome thankyou

regards songhklasid.

I'll be spending more time in ubon, on my next visits to thailand (#2 resides in amnat chareon) & staying @ laitong works out a bit pricey if not carefull. I was wondering any advice on rooms/ apartments for short term stays, or other hotels,prefer pool, any info /comments welcome thankyou

regards songhklasid.

The website below offers good info about Ubon:

http://www.weloveubon.com

If you want a hotel with swimming pool, I think it's only available in Laithong, Ubon International (Nevada), Sunnee Grand (the new one), and Ubonburi on the Warin side of Moon river,

Pathumrat and Khrung Thong have "fishbowls/turkish baths" though not for swimming. :o

The rooms behind WrongWay Cafe, from 350B big bed/AC/TV/hot shower, and the new Phadaeng Mansion across the street from 400B, are both worth taking a look at. :D

the PathumRAT is a disgusting dump, with mafiaoso types hanging around and rooms that dont merit the prices by any stretch of the imagination. my advice, go for ubon "international" (hah) hotel, its looks tired but the rooms are ok for the price and its got a good location

regards songhklasid.

If you want under 500TB and clean rooms I recommend staying in a mansion. Phadaeng, Sapphisit and a good selection of others. Many have internet connection and many cable or sat with at least 1 English language channel. Some even offer a continental breakfast for by the night guests.

I have received feedback that people have been satisfied staying at SriIsaan down by the river. If you are coming in July rates might go higher due to Candle Festival but otherwise there is no shortage of affordable budget accommodations here.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am also looking for somewhere to stay in Ubon Ratchathani, as I will be living there for about 3 months later in the year. I was wondering if any of the apartment complexes mentioned above are in or near the Pathum district of Ubon Ratchathani. If not does anyone know of an apartment complex near the Huai Wang Nong Sport Center, or around Somdet Road. Thanks

Jesse

Hi all,

I am also looking for somewhere to stay in Ubon Ratchathani, as I will be living there for about 3 months later in the year. I was wondering if any of the apartment complexes mentioned above are in or near the Pathum district of Ubon Ratchathani. If not does anyone know of an apartment complex near the Huai Wang Nong Sport Center, or around Somdet Road. Thanks

Jesse

There is a resort on the east side of the Huai Wang Nong reservoir called Lake View Resort, but don't know the standard or prices.

There are more options further west in the city center, and the above mentioned in Padaeng rd are two of them.

There is also a place called Sapphasit Apartments, - entrance from Phon Phaen rd.

I suggest you talk to the people at the sport center who should be able to tell you if there are more options nearby. :o