True Internet Upgrade Speed After 2 Years

blakegeee

I have had True internet in Chiang Mai for about 2 years already. When I got it, they were offering free installation which was great because there isn't even a phone line installed here so everybody else wanted to hit me with a double installation fee.

So I have 256mb speed for 590bt/month, 630bt with tax. Now I see other companies offers 2gb or ever 3gb for the same price but I again don't want to go to the phone line. Does anybody know if True will upgrade my speed for no fee? Obviously old technology must be upgraded once in a while.

I upgraded from the slower speed to 2Mb after just one month, the girl in the local shop said it couldn't be done so I went to the main office and they did it straight away, even threw in a new wireless modem.

Edited by theoldgit

I must be pretty dense but I can not tell if this is a wireless service or is it provided through the True Vision satellite TV service. Does True offer internet via the satellite dish and if so, is it any better than the EDGE modem I have to use now.

thanks

john

I changed to 1meg/512k at the beginning of the year - the price of the internet was reduced 200 baht ,but I got a true dish and phone sim card ( 400 baht a month worth of calls ) and all up it costs me another 100 baht more than I was paying originally.

I was also told that my phone line could only do the 1meg - I was happy to get double my speed so I did not bother with trying to argue , maybe in a few months I will push the issue - see what new packages they put on the market in the future.

So if there are no string attached to that promotion, I should be able to upgrade to 1024mb/512 for only 9baht more/month (599b). Hopefully this isn't one of those promotions where the price goes up in a few months. I just went by their office and they are closed on saturdays apparently.

Well I am not surprised with the results. I went to the True office and they said that promotion is only good in Bangkok. If I want the same speed that all the other companies offer, 2mb for 590b (through phoneline), I would have to pay 890b. I even saw one new company offering 3mb for 590b. So I wrote it down to make sure this was clear.

"I pay:

590b for 256k

others offer

590b for 2000k"

She tells me, "Yes, correct, you can use the other companies than". OK thanks! But now I am still left with having to get a phone line installed which I think I will do at this point. Service here leaves me speachless sometimes. I can't imagine how True internet will stay in business much longer at this rate, in CM anyway.

Edited by blakegeee

• 1 month later...
Well I am not surprised with the results. I went to the True office and they said that promotion is only good in Bangkok. If I want the same speed that all the other companies offer, 2mb for 590b (through phoneline), I would have to pay 890b. I even saw one new company offering 3mb for 590b. So I wrote it down to make sure this was clear.

"I pay:

590b for 256k

others offer

590b for 2000k"

She tells me, "Yes, correct, you can use the other companies than". OK thanks! But now I am still left with having to get a phone line installed which I think I will do at this point. Service here leaves me speachless sometimes. I can't imagine how True internet will stay in business much longer at this rate, in CM anyway.

Just to clarify before I continue, True Internet in Chiang Mai (Cable) is different than outside CM where it is through the phone line.

I have been looking into better services to upgrade to but haven't yet figured it out. Now it has come full circle. Someone just told me that True will be increasing there speed for the same price soon. I think he said it will be 1.5mb for 590b. Has anyone else heard about this?