UBC Packed Up Again

RDN

There are several reasons for this;

A ) you might want to turn off the decoder, take the card out put it back in and turn it on again.

B ) Rainfade?

C ) you have not payed your bill?

I just checked mine and it is working...good luck

Edited by pluto_manibo

There are several reasons for this;

A ) you might want to  turn off the decoder, take the card out put it back in and turn it on again.

B ) Rainfade?

C ) you have not payed your bill?

I just checked mine and it is working...good luck

Rain - I wish :D (plus signal strength is 255)

Once in awhile get same failure and unplug decoder from power bar and it reboots.

Thanks guys for confirming that UBC is still on the air.

I did turn the decoder off for several minutes and let it re-load - no good.

I also found the smart card - never taken it out before - and gave it a clean. No good.

I think it is because I paid my last two bills at a 7/11 and they must be too da.mn slow sending the money on to UBC. If this is the case then I'll try not to lose my temper with UBC for being so trigger happy at cutting off a long time customer. :o

I was thinking of changing anyway, UBC TV has always been Un-Believably Crap TV for me - maybe this'll get me mad enough to do something. :D

Cheers!

UBC is checking who is dead from the tsunami!

Sad, but true. UBC is trying to contact it's customers and if it cannot, it will not send out a bill and will scramble their signal.

I rang them this morning to ask why my channels say "Scrambled" and the lady said "Do you have tsunami there?". I nearly said "No thanks, just had one" but I knew she would not get it. So I waited one hour as she asked so she could call Bangkok and tell them my problem, but still no change after 90 minutes.

So I call her again "Do you have a tsunami there?" again she asked. Everything the same as before. So I wait 5 minutes and this time it all starts to work again. "Kob khun khab" etc, etc.

Then I realised that I still have not received this month's bill, so I go to their office in Phuket. The phones are ringing non-stop. A rather angry German or Austrian guy is complaining to one of the girls. I ask what happened last night and this morning - why did I have to ring them to get the service working again and why didn't I have my bill? She looked a bit sheepish and said "We not send out bill until we know you can get the service". So I ask "Is this your way of finding out if your customer is still alive?". She just smiled a lot but said nothing, so I paid for this month and left.

When I got home I asked my neighbour if his UBC was working - "No problem, but I got a strange call yesterday from a lady at UBC who asked if I could get the signal." So they must have put a tick against his name in the box "Still alive".

Then I picked up my email from UBC and this is it:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for your support in our service. With regards to your inquiry, UBC would like to inform you that after the Tsunami incident, UBC need to verify the effected area whether our customer could recieve the signal or not. We would need to disconnect the signal for the customer who could not be reached so that they would not be charged for the subscription fee if they could not recieve UBC signal. In your case, our officer has been trying to reached you but they could not reach you. If you would like to reconnect the service, please inform us back that the signal is still working good and confirm that you would need the reconnection. Once we recieve your feed back, we will then be able to reconnect the service for you. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused you.

Should you have any further queries, please contact our customer service at tel: 0-2271-7171 or email; [email protected]

Best regards,

Customer Service Support.

So because my line is on the Internet a lot, they couldn't contact me and so cut me off. I guess "brutal but effective" is one way you could describe this approach. They could have sent someone round to check, but that would have cost a lot more than getting every customer they couldn't contact to ring them.

TIT

TIUBC

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D