Pattaya Nightlife

Jack Jones

I'm coming to Pattaya for the first time in March. I've had a browse through the forum for suggestions on where to check-out in the evening but couldn't see anything definitive.

I prefer to drink in beer bars, which are the best and where are they located? I enjoy playing pool and I don't mind the odd go-go.

Suggestions please. Cheers

I prefer to drink in beer bars, which are the best and where are they located? I enjoy playing pool and I don't mind the odd go-go.

It would be easier to tell you where they are not............but i cant think of anywhere you are not within 10meters of a bar. All depends what you want............Soi 1 and 2 are busy areas..........Soi 6 for afternoon entertainment :o ................Soi 7 and 8 again busy if you enjoy bars competing for who has the loudest music...........Soi Yamoto and Soi Post Office a little more laid back...........Pattayaland 1, 2 and 3 (Boyz Town) 1 and 2 both have a few go-gos in............then Walking Street (has everything)...........You also have the German quarter at the far end of Pattaya (past Soi 1.........known as Naklua) and the Arab quarter at the other end (the back of Walking St)...........basically the worlds your oyster....enjoy. :D........Edit almost forgot Walking Street is home of the world famous Blues Factory :D

Edited by thaiflyer1

I'm coming to Pattaya for the first time in March. I've had a browse through the forum for suggestions on where to check-out in the evening but couldn't see anything definitive.

Jack there are said to be approx 3,000 bars now in and around the Pattaya area.

There is a vast growth of new bars in the rapidly expanding soi Buakhao area and this area is well worth a visit.

Here are three bars which I enjoy.

Atlantic Bar on Second Road between soi 2 and 3. Lots of pool tables.

Chaplins Bar in Soi 3. You can have a good laugh in there with Willie a very genial host. Also has a pool table.

Buffalo Bar on Pattaya Third Road an up market bar and very relaxing.

good look and I`m sure you`ll be telling us of your favourites after your trip. :o

I'm coming to Pattaya for the first time in March. I've had a browse through the forum for suggestions on where to check-out in the evening but couldn't see anything definitive.<br /><br />I prefer to drink in beer bars, which are the best and where are they located? I enjoy playing pool and I don't mind the odd go-go.<br /><br />Suggestions please. Cheers<br />

<br />

<br /><br /><br />Jack there are said to be approx 3,000 bars now in and around the Pattaya area.<br /><br />There is a vast growth of new bars in the rapidly expanding soi Buakhao area and this area is well worth a visit.<br /><br />Here are three bars which I enjoy.<br /><br />Atlantic Bar on Second Road between soi 2 and 3. Lots of pool tables.<br /><br />Chaplins Bar in Soi 3. You can have a good laugh in there with Willie a very genial host. Also has a pool table.<br /><br />Buffalo Bar on Pattaya Third Road an up market bar and very relaxing.<br /><br /><br />good look and I`m sure you`ll be telling us of your favourites after your trip. :D <br /><br />

well thats the first time I have ever heard anyone describe the Buffalo as an upmarket bar :D:D:o

As your profile states you are from the UK and I presume you are going solo, try the bars on soi's 6, 7 and 8 and around Soi Post office and Soi Yamamoto, These are frequented by guys from the UK, you should get a few tips from those guys.

But, as one guy has said, Walk the street....you will soon find yourself a few bars you like. A good tip is to find a bar near your hotel that serves a bit of nosh and use that as a base bar.....have a meal there before heading out into the night and make it your last port of call for the night till you find your feet.

As your profile states you are from the UK and I presume you are going solo, try the bars on soi's 6, 7 and 8 and around Soi Post office and Soi Yamamoto, These are frequented by guys from the UK, you should get a few tips from those guys.

But, as one guy has said, Walk the street....you will soon find yourself a few bars you like. A good tip is to find a bar near your hotel that serves a bit of nosh and use that as a base bar.....have a meal there before heading out into the night and make it your last port of call for the night till you find your feet.

...The problem with making drinking plans in this great city is that there are so many fabulous distractions that most plans just disappear into the moonlight as exciting new watering holes are found. :o

A good tip is to find a bar near your hotel that serves a bit of nosh and use that as a base bar.....have a meal there before heading out into the night and make it your last port of call for the night till you find your feet.
I/ll give you another tip................never shit on your own doorstep... :o Edited by thaiflyer1

A good tip is to find a bar near your hotel that serves a bit of nosh and use that as a base bar.....have a meal there before heading out into the night and make it your last port of call for the night till you find your feet.
I/ll give you another tip................never shit on your own doorstep... :o

Cos you might tread in it :D

Mostly it is also depending on which kind of music you prefer. As the most Bars are like to play the same pop/hip hop chart thing.

So two alternatives for good music and relaxing atmosphere are Performance Bar in the middel of the Wlking Street good cool Lounge Music, or just opposite site Abbe Bar, which is definately my fav. They play good Rock / Hard Rock Music there. Friendly people and Girls, and you can watch the movie so called "Walking Street" very relaxed from top of the Bar. :D:o:D