Dirty Fuel (diesel) At Lemon Green Rawai?

chickencurry

My OH had a problem today with his truck, chugged to a halt at one stage, got it going again but with engine warning light lit up. Managed to get it to Isuzu garage who stated that it looked like dirty fuel in the tank. We always fill up at Lemon Green in Rawai so they are the only possible culprits. Have to say we've never had probs at Lemon Green before though I know a lot of posters on here have. But after this event, looks like we'll be using a different garage. Anybody else had any diesel probs recently from there?

ฺำำBeen previous negative posts about Green Grass on this forum. Do a search. I would never ever use that gas station.

My bicycle pedals started going backwards after filling the saddle bags last week at GG

Very embarrassing.

Don't know about that particular gas station, but sure, it can happen that you are cheated at the pump. A number of years ago I had my tank filled up at a gas station in Phang Nga province, and once at home I noticed a very heavy petrol type of smell around the pickup.

At the garage they told me the tank had been filled up with a mixture of diesel and lamp oil, and in order to limit the damage they advised me to top up diesel in small quantities at the time, so I kept getting 100 Baht refills till the smell had disappeared.

In 9 years of driving in Thailand this is the only time this happened though, and I have driven around a lot in Southern, Central, and Northeastern Thailand.

Get a decent filter, Racor fg500's are the go, but when I am up there in May, I will be looking at these as there is a supplier in Phuket near the boat lagoon marina.

These are a Chinese knockoff, same size and parts but half the dollars

Heres one on ebay

add http here ://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GRIFFIN-G900-REPLACEMENT-FOR--RACOR-900FH-90GPH--NEW_W0QQitemZ310073783295QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by boatboy