Songkran Break....

Yimmy

Well, I'm based in BKK and fancy a break for a few days. Which will have to be over songkran.

I'm thinking Hua Hin, Koh Samet, or maybe Koh Chang. (having never been to either)

Will only be for 2 or 3 days but would like to relax on a beach without too many Thais or others around.

Big ask I know, and probably impossible to find such a place at this time. But can anybody recommend a place not too far from BKK that one might find fairly quiet??

Thanks.

Well, I'm based in BKK and fancy a break for a few days. Which will have to be over songkran.

I'm thinking Hua Hin, Koh Samet, or maybe Koh Chang. (having never been to either)

Will only be for 2 or 3 days but would like to relax on a beach without too many Thais or others around.

Big ask I know, and probably impossible to find such a place at this time. But can anybody recommend a place not too far from BKK that one might find fairly quiet??

Thanks.

Hua Hin, Cha Am and Prachinburi and that area are pretty quiet.

Bangkok is pretty nice during Songkran in my opinion. Streets are quieter, less traffic, noise and pollution. Same goes for the malls, restaurants, bts and so on...I won't be going away for these reasons - nevermind the travel hassles associated with half the country moving from point a-b and back, higher hotel rates, and stress.

I'm going to Koh Samet myself.

Some of the smaller beaches are very quiet and great to relax :D , I have yet to find good snorkelling there though. :o

I'm thinking about going to Samet but is it too late to book anything? If it is then I guess a quiet Bangkok wouldn't be so bad.