Coffee Machine

kurgen

I've been looking around today looking for a coffee machine.

Unless I go for one of the ones where you fill the little pan (?) and throw the grounds away after every cup I seem to be looking at nearly 40,000 for one.Any ideas on where to buy one at for the best price in Pattaya ?

I should never have given the Nescafe up :o

IMHO, those machines are better anyway. If you have to fill the portafilter [the "little pan"] and tamp it properly you will have more control over the resulting shot - you can have it the way you want. After a little practice, you will get to know your machine and it becomes second nature. Just like learning to drive a car - remember when you were just starting out you were worrying about the clutch, gears, mirrors etc? Now you just decide where you want to go.

If you go for one of those "full auto" machines, you're stuck with whatever the manufacturer thinks is best for you, whether you like it or not. Also, you're stuck buying their little refill pucks [or whatever they use], so you're at the mercy of the local distributor whether you get a fresh batch or not.

Get yourself a "proper" machine, learn how to drive it.

You won't look back, I promise.

btw have a look through the google archives of alt.coffee, and/or ask this question there. You'll get lots of advice - a great group of enthusiasts...

:o

Edited by Merlin

I am not a coffee afficionado, but I would check out the appliance shop

inside the Carrefour building, just to the left fo Carrefour itself.

If they don't have what you need, no-one does.

I am not a coffee afficionado, but I would check out the appliance shop

inside the Carrefour building, just to the left fo Carrefour itself.

If they don't have what you need, no-one does.

....... If you wish to grind your own coffee beans you can buy the small hand grinders from the sit up to coffee bar in Tops Supermarket....I think they cost about Bt 1600. :o

What do you want - perk'd coffee / espresso machine coffee (Cappucino / espresso) / cona coffee?

All have advantages and disadvantages.

There are espresso machines on the market from about 10,000 baht upwards in Central City on the Bang Na-Trat Road. (A long way from Pattaya, I know, but I travel between the two every week).

There is a kitchen supplier on Second Road, Southern section, around the Welcome Plaza hotel area. May be lucky there.

Friendship sells a lot of pre-ground coffee for various tastes, but a lot is for cona machines I think.