Have You Ever Taken Klong Boat?

anna234cn

I wanna take klong boat once but heard the canals are very very dirty.

What's your opinion or experience?

:D

It's a great experience if you never did it before.....yes the canals are dirty...but then again...you don't have to swim, do you? :D

By the way, take some drinks with you because on the way they stop at these very nice ladies in small boats..selling drinks at excessive prices (it's mostly the Mom of the boatdriver... :o )

It's a great experience if you never did it before.....yes the canals are dirty...but then again...you don't have to swim, do you? :D

By the way, take some drinks with you because on the way they stop at these very nice ladies in small boats..selling drinks at excessive prices (it's mostly the Mom of the boatdriver... :o )

Thanks. And I will take my camera and clothes. (Heard the dirty water will splash me.)

They are damned quick getting from one side of the city to the other. But occassionally you will get a bit of spray from the canal now and again.

I rarely used them because of the tight seating and my long legs. Also care has to be taken getting in and out of them. A few people have taken an unintended swim trying to get in and out of them, especially at rush hours.

By the way, take some drinks with you because on the way they stop at these very nice ladies in small boats..selling drinks at excessive prices (it's mostly the Mom of the boatdriver... :D )

Thanks. And I will take my camera and clothes. (Heard the dirty water will splash me.)

Fishermans' raincoat maybe? :D with a cap!

don't forget to stop at this marvellous ZOO on the way... :o

They are damned quick getting from one side of the city to the other. But occassionally you will get a bit of spray from the canal now and again.

I rarely used them because of the tight seating and my long legs. Also care has to be taken getting in and out of them. A few people have taken an unintended swim trying to get in and out of them, especially at rush hours.

Fortunately, I am very tiny. I think I can find a seat there. hehe

But is it safe? In fact, I am a bit scared of taking small boat, esp in the dirty water.

And any wider canal? I dont want to finish taking Klong Boat within 5 seconds. Or I have to take it from this side to the other side again and again. iI can feel its quite fun.

By the way, take some drinks with you because on the way they stop at these very nice ladies in small boats..selling drinks at excessive prices (it's mostly the Mom of the boatdriver... :D )

Fishermans' raincoat maybe? :D with a cap!

don't forget to stop at this marvellous ZOO on the way... :o

Cool, how do you know? Yeah, I am going to wear a transparent raincoat and bikini inside. haha. Just kidding.

btw, which zoo?

But is it safe? In fact, I am a bit scared of taking small boat, esp in the dirty water.

And any wider canal? I dont want to finish taking Klong Boat within 5 seconds. Or I have to take it from this side to the other side again and again. iI can feel its quite fun.

If you like sensation ... take the "speedboat" on the Chaopraya from Sathorn pier up to Nonthabury ??? ... then negociate for a long tail boat ... the smaller the better ... to go back to Sathorn ... at light speed !

After this, you will feel safe on any moto-taxi !

If you like sensation ... take the "speedboat" on the Chaopraya from Sathorn pier up to Nonthabury ??? ... then negociate for a long tail boat ... the smaller the better ... to go back to Sathorn ... at light speed !

After this, you will feel safe on any moto-taxi !

I have to take that small and crowded klong boat this weekend and take some pics there for my assignment which is about klong pollution.... :o

but next time, I may take the speedboat on Chao Praya. Its quite exciting. I dont wanna take motorcycle here any more. I feel I could die any time.

Anna234cn:

singa-traz is right; try and take (negotiate) and have a longtail boat for yourself/party; it's really great fun. The boats are safe!

The ZOO? the driver will know, it's a small kind of funny zoo, nothing alike the larger Zoo's in the world but still funny.

Also, have a stop at a local small store for some drink or food and you will enjoy the ride. take a tour as long as possible but 2 hours would do for a great impression.

Have fun :D

Ooh, just read your comment about your assignment..about the Klong Pollution... :o well, it maybe even better to take a private 'long-tail' instead of a crowded boat OR you might want to do both tours.. Try to enjoy it anyway..despite the pollution.

Edited by LaoPo

Look for the book "50 trips through Siam's canals".

It explains all the ins and outs of the canal system in Bangkok, and the signs to look for to locate the different services.

A fascinating world, with floating shops, banks and post offices that service the backwaters and byways of the more remote areas.

Thank you, all. I will take your suggestions.

Maybe later I will let you see the pics I take.

Wow, also from yourself, wearing your raincoat with bikini under...? :o that would be much appreciated I guess :D

Edited by LaoPo

Dumnern sadurk floating market is pretty nice to visit. Or on chaopraya river, but dont go in when it's crowded. I always scared of cowded boat or ship :o. Klong sansaerb route ( Ramkhamhaeng to Banglampu ) dirty water and more chance to get the splash :D. klong tour in Thonburi is nice to try. Used to go at Taling Chan on weekend, nice to try too, very cheap, i think 70 bath or so per person and for 2 hours, along small klongs visit some Orchid farms , really cheap orchid, sorry I bought too many orchids and my boat fulled with flowers...;-) , yeah pretty ordinary but real thai life overthere. :D

Dumnern sadurk floating market is pretty nice to visit. Or on chaopraya river, but dont go in when it's crowded. I always scared of cowded boat or ship :D. Klong sansaerb route ( Ramkhamhaeng to Banglampu ) dirty water and more chance to get the splash :D. klong tour in Thonburi is nice to try. Used to go at Taling Chan on weekend, nice to try too, very cheap, i think 70 bath or so per person and for 2 hours, along small klongs visit some Orchid farms , really cheap orchid, sorry I bought too many orchids and my boat fulled with flowers...;-) , yeah pretty ordinary but real thai life overthere. :D

Oppss...sorry 70 Baht.....( not turkish bath :D) :o

Thank you, all. I will take your suggestions.

Maybe later I will let you see the pics I take.

Wow, also from yourself, wearing your raincoat with bikini under...? :o that would be much appreciated I guess :D

I may disappoint your guys. My leg is being wrapped by a 2-metre bandage, at least for 5 days.

So I guess I will take back some Mummy pics.