Health Ministry approves medical use of opium and magic mushrooms

webfact

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Does this possibly mean a relaxing of the rules for hospitals using morphine, codeine or Oxycodone as pain relievers? It's my understanding they were very hesitant to use them even in the most legit cases.

My wife suffered acute kidney problems in the 1970s before it became a prescription drug back in the UK.

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

My wife suffered acute kidney problems in the 1970s before it became a prescription drug back in the UK.

I was referring to codeine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cookie1974 said:

Thailand is turning into a narco state who the hell thinks up these things do they have any idea of the consequences??

dis you not understand the phrase "for medical use and research"   you would be shocked if you knew haw many drugs a pharmacy sells, and as for a hospital omg 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dr Jon said:

'Medical Opium Dispensaries' soon to be on every street?

For somebody who's user name includes the word "Dr" you appear to have little idea,  Should medical use be deemed appropriate for certain conditions the dispensaries are already well established,    us mere lay people refer to them as "Pharmacies" or "Dispensing Chemists"

You're not a real doctor,are you?

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, action said:

But I still can't buy Pseudoephedrine for my stuffy nose.

plenty of nasal sprays available that will clear a stuffy nose far better than Pseudoephedrine,  Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride is the common active ingredient.  Never heard of "vicks sinex"     ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, twizzian said:

From a potential death penalty or life in the clink for supplying or peddling to a legal narcotics hub destination

I think you will find there are still penalties for trafficking or supplying ,  why hot give it a go , open a shop and see what happens

• Haha 1