State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Will you both shut up please! Anyone who threatens indiscriminate violence against civilians with any kind of weapon, or their bare hands is a terrorist.

This is a thread about whats going on in Bangkok - and you are arguing over insignificant details and being pedantic.

what utter drivel, if I threaten you for looking at my missus i suddenly become a terrorist :o

Redscouse, don't you think its about time you button it up..... you're getting to be a pain in the A^^^.

Even though you forgot to announce your connection to the CIA, FBI, MI5 and the no doubt others, you have convinced us that you are in deed a lawyer.....How , by blabing and blabing and blabing and telling all of us how right you are and how wrong the rest of us are and still saying absolutely nothing.

I dropped out of a couple hours ago, knowing it was impossible to discuss anything with someone of such low level thought process. Now why don't you also drop out and/or post about something related to the situation at hand, not prattleing on about what you know and said.

Just one more thought before I go...... In both ore respective countries, walk onto an airplane while boarding and say to the hostess " Hi Jack, and say you have a bomb......... don't have to show it , and don't have to blow up the plane,,,,,,,,, I am pretty sure you will be arrested for a terrorist act.

Now how about taking your final shot and then dropping it ......as you will have the last word little one

LET ME JUST ADD FINI'''''' I HAVE NOW READ THRU ABOUT 3 MISSSING HOURS OF POSTS AND SEE THAT YOU HAVE PRETTY MUCH DROPPED IT...

MY APOLOGIES GONZO

and once again you get your attempt at abuse wrong, at no point did I say I am a lawyer, i have a law degree, there is a big difference.

you were wrong in your ascertains about what I wrote, a real man would admit their mistake and say sorry. only a fool could misinterpret what I wrote, you also accuse me of carrying it on when its you that have come on and dragged a two hour old discussion up, and then when you realise this you don't edit your derogative comments. oh well, I suppose that just about sums you up

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> CNN must know where their feed is coming from, I hope they give up his location

Why would they.. They're journalists, so common practise is to protect your source. (Assuming they want him to remain a source, which is likely)

Of course, common practice. As well Thaksin might has a Sat phone which does not show anything.

Typical not to post Mr. Thaksin's answer.. Which was quite obviously that he was ousted in a military coup, then the junta changed the constitution and other laws and presided over the corrupt courts pursuing drummed up political charges.. Honestly I think we can all agree that those courts have no legitimacy; the international community at least agrees. Thaksin simply could not get a fair trial under current circumstances.

Well not until the fair trial found him not guilty anyway!

Ok guys I am just back from the clearing by the militairy of Din Daeng and the gasstruck I shot some very nice pictures. I will upload them later. I am rushing back now that I cleared the camera to go and shoot some more pictures. Will be doing a report tonight!

The Din Daeng people near the flats were cheering the military on and asked them to go kill the reds for threathening their homes.

At the other side at Pracha Songkhro road they were bombarding the military with stones and what not all. I had to duck for cover. The military didn't do anything though. Just cleared the barricades on Pracha Songkhro and left the reds standing and retreated.

Waerth

who is "they" normal people or the red one?

Irrespective of what he(Thaksin) will cry now, or what anyone thinks, along with treason, he should be charged with conspiracy to commit (murder/crime) along with other few criminal charges(which for some reason i can not recall at this moment)

A simple proof is-Did anyone see or hear him calling on red shirts to stop the blood shed? to stop the violence? to stop destruction of public property? to stop attacking civilians? to stop attacking government members and employees of the government house? answer is NO

Hello.. He was just on CNN calling for a return to peaceful ways on all sides. Please, if you can't keep up then just don't post at all and spread misinformation. If anyone should be in court for treason then I can name a few.

Will you both shut up please! Anyone who threatens indiscriminate violence against civilians with any kind of weapon, or their bare hands is a terrorist.

This is a thread about whats going on in Bangkok - and you are arguing over insignificant details and being pedantic.

what utter drivel, if I threaten you for looking at my missus i suddenly become a terrorist :D

Redscouse, don't you think its about time you button it up..... you're getting to be a pain in the A^^^.

Even though you forgot to announce your connection to the CIA, FBI, MI5 and the no doubt others, you have convinced us that you are in deed a lawyer.....How , by blabing and blabing and blabing and telling all of us how right you are and how wrong the rest of us are and still saying absolutely nothing.

I dropped out of a couple hours ago, knowing it was impossible to discuss anything with someone of such low level thought process. Now why don't you also drop out and/or post about something related to the situation at hand, not prattleing on about what you know and said.

Just one more thought before I go...... In both ore respective countries, walk onto an airplane while boarding and say to the hostess " Hi Jack, and say you have a bomb......... don't have to show it , and don't have to blow up the plane,,,,,,,,, I am pretty sure you will be arrested for a terrorist act.

Now how about taking your final shot and then dropping it ......as you will have the last word little one

LET ME JUST ADD FINI'''''' I HAVE NOW READ THRU ABOUT 3 MISSSING HOURS OF POSTS AND SEE THAT YOU HAVE PRETTY MUCH DROPPED IT...

MY APOLOGIES GONZO

and once again you get your attempt at abuse wrong, at no point did I say I am a lawyer, i have a law degree, there is a big difference.

you were wrong in your ascertains about what I wrote, a real man would admit their mistake and say sorry. only a fool could misinterpret what I wrote, you also accuse me of carrying it on when its you that have come on and dragged a two hour old discussion up, and then when you realise this you don't edit your derogative comments. oh well, I suppose that just about sums you up

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Just shut up... pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, would you :D You get lads of hugs if you do. This discussion is now :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996241.stm

Page last updated at 10:24 GMT, Monday, 13 April 2009 11:24 UK

The Thai army has fought running battles with protesters in the capital Bangkok in a bid to end days of mass demonstrations and political chaos.

A BBC correspondent saw soldiers fire hundreds of live rounds, some into the crowds of protesters, in a bid to clear them from a major road junction.

The protesters reacted by hurling petrol bombs and driving buses they had commandeered at the lines of troops.

The armed forces chief vowed to restore order using "all possible means".

But weapons would be used only for self-defence and not "excessively", Gen Songkitti Jaggabatara said on national television.

The government has said it is taking measures to secure major ports and airports.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva declared a state of emergency on Sunday after the protests forced the cancellation of a major meeting of Asian leaders in the resort city of Pattaya.

The red-shirted protesters - many thousands of whom are camped outside Bangkok's Government House - have vowed to stay until Mr Abhisit resigns. ...............

Terrible.

I would guess that if people had died in the exchanges, there would be photos to show that. There are many camera crews and photographers with the army the entire day, and a lot of those gunfire incidents were shown live on TV. Yet, there is not a single picture of a body anywhere. Dan Rivers of CNN was there, and reported not seeing any fatalities.

While you can say the army did a good job today (which they did), you can also say that they should have done this before the ASEAN Summit catastophe, and the yellow shirt airport fiasco, etc. (which they should have). Better late than never? :o

Thaksin is on CNN right now, claiming that he doesn't understand why the UDD became so violent. He is getting his butt handed to him by a very aggressive CNN interviewer (yes, i am biased). I would imagine they will post the interview on CNN.com soon.

Great quote:

Interviewer said - "You were accused of widespread and wholesale corruption, why should the Thai people trust you?"

HAHAHA Good one, so now that army is about to squash the violent retards-and he is to be charged with treason along other many many charges, he is now again playing the "victim"

Typical not to post Mr. Thaksin's answer.. Which was quite obviously that he was ousted in a military coup, then the junta changed the constitution and other laws and presided over the corrupt courts pursuing drummed up political charges.. Honestly I think we can all agree that those courts have no legitimacy; the international community at least agrees. Thaksin simply could not get a fair trial under current circumstances.

Are you trying to say that your mighty leader Thaksin was not corrupt? that he did not rip off the country and its people? That he did not change the laws to acomodate his business? that he did not avoid paying taxes?

Fair trial or not fair trial-he did all of the mentioned.

Yes he did give money to Isaan and hence the support, but did he give his own money? NO he gave governments/peoples money. What a great leader.

Man has few billion dollars and would not donate even $1 to charity for his own people.

Thats what you call a true patriot and humanitarian. He should be nominated for Nobel prize.

This shows how out of touch the red's are, the locals can't stand them

But of course they can't, Bangkok is yellow territory the reds get their support upcountry.

have u seen any pics of huge crowds of red upcountry this past few days, i mean crowds well into the thousands?? im asking legitimately because id like to know, tell me if there has been some. The pictures I see today are of a couple of dozen people here or there surrounding a lone speaker. Nobody seems interested.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/13...cs_30100438.php

BLACK SONGKRAN

Opposition party wants urgent House meeting

By The Nation

The opposition Pheu Thai Party on Monday demanded that the government stop using force to crack down on the red-shirt protesters and instead convene an emergency House session to settle the ongoing political conflicts.

Pheu Thai leaders, including opposition chief whip Withaya Buranasiri and Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai, led party MPs in a press conference. The politicians had met to discuss the situation following clashes between security officials and protesters early in the morning.

The opposition party issued the following five-point demand:

1. The government must stop using force and violence against people.

2. A joint Parliament meeting must be convened urgently to find a way out of the country's deepening division.

3. Should the government ignore the two above demands, the Pheu Thai Party will mobilise more protesters into Bangkok.

4. The media must present neutral coverage as biased reports are dangerous. The party cannot accept the government's muzzling of information. It demands that the government allow the public to get two sides of the story.

5. Thais across the country, no matter what political colour they belong, must resort to peaceful solutions.

Irrespective of what he(Thaksin) will cry now, or what anyone thinks, along with treason, he should be charged with conspiracy to commit (murder/crime) along with other few criminal charges(which for some reason i can not recall at this moment)

A simple proof is-Did anyone see or hear him calling on red shirts to stop the blood shed? to stop the violence? to stop destruction of public property? to stop attacking civilians? to stop attacking government members and employees of the government house? answer is NO

Hello.. He was just on CNN calling for a return to peaceful ways on all sides. Please, if you can't keep up then just don't post at all and spread misinformation. If anyone should be in court for treason then I can name a few.

Yesterday he was catching the next plane, so he could lead the revolution he was calling for. Did he miss his flight?

The Thai army has fought running battles with protesters in the capital Bangkok in a bid to end days of mass demonstrations and political chaos.

A BBC correspondent saw soldiers fire hundreds of live rounds, some into the crowds of protesters, in a bid to clear them from a major road junction.

The protesters reacted by hurling petrol bombs and driving buses they had commandeered at the lines of troops.

But weapons would be used only for self-defence and not "excessively", Gen Songkitti Jaggabatara said on national television.

The government has said it is taking measures to secure major ports and airports.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva declared a state of emergency on Sunday after the protests forced the cancellation of a major meeting of Asian leaders in the resort city of Pattaya.

The red-shirted protesters - many thousands of whom are camped outside Bangkok's Government House - have vowed to stay until Mr Abhisit resigns. ...............

Terrible.

And none of those rounds hit anything or anyone?

Yesterday he was catching the next plane, so he could lead the revolution he was calling for. Did he miss his flight?

thaksin has lost all credibility today, if he had any left at all.

thanks levelhead for double posting your news story, we have seen it hours ago. I see no proof of what you highlight in bold though, none at all. And thanks for the other old news article about the opposition party, we read that hours ago too.

BLACK SONGKRAN

By The Nation

The opposition Pheu Thai Party on Monday demanded that the government stop using force to crack down on the red-shirt protesters and instead convene an emergency House session to settle the ongoing political conflicts.

Pheu Thai leaders, including opposition chief whip Withaya Buranasiri and Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai, led party MPs in a press conference. The politicians had met to discuss the situation following clashes between security officials and protesters early in the morning.

2. A joint Parliament meeting must be convened urgently to find a way out of the country's deepening division.

3. Should the government ignore the two above demands, the Pheu Thai Party will mobilise more protesters into Bangkok.

4. The media must present neutral coverage as biased reports are dangerous. The party cannot accept the government's muzzling of information. It demands that the government allow the public to get two sides of the story.

5. Thais across the country, no matter what political colour they belong, must resort to peaceful solutions.

Well done the PTP party.

Must be a "no confidence" vote now, and also impeach Abhisit for total incompetance for the summit failure and everything since.

The House must be convened for an urgent meeting and "no confidence" vote. Then the police must investigate all "live" round shooting, be in Red or Army or Blue or whatever.

BLACK SONGKRAN

By The Nation

Oh I see - back to "peaceful solutions" now.

Thaksin is on CNN right now, claiming that he doesn't understand why the UDD became so violent. He is getting his butt handed to him by a very aggressive CNN interviewer (yes, i am biased). I would imagine they will post the interview on CNN.com soon.

Great quote:

Interviewer said - "You were accused of widespread and wholesale corruption, why should the Thai people trust you?"

HAHAHA Good one, so now that army is about to squash the violent retards-and he is to be charged with treason along other many many charges, he is now again playing the "victim"

But Thaksin was found guilty of breaching a law he had introduced himself, namely banning all government members and their families of doing business with a government agency. His wife did, despite the law. He was found guilty of interfering, but she could keep the land. Not fair indeed, but not fair that Khunying Pojaman could keep the land she had bought for 700 m baht, worth 2 billion.

As you can see, Thaksin always believes he is above the law. And the court treated him very mildly, indeed. They should have confiscated the land and not grant bail.

thenationmultimedia.com:

94 people injured and 24 in severe conditions

Thai PBS reports 94 people injured from the government's crackdown on the protesters. The doctors confirm there is no dead victim. The patients are sent to five hospitals including Rama, Phra Mongkut and Rajviti.

The station interviewed a doctor who is in charge and the report says 24 people are in serious conditions. The majority of injured people have gone home.

Terrible.

And none of those rounds hit anything or anyone?

Supposedly blanks .

Has the BBC published any pictures of shot or dead protestors ?

If he is short of cash for the ticket maybe some of us could chip in. :o

I would guess that if people had died in the exchanges, there would be photos to show that. There are many camera crews and photographers with the army the entire day, and a lot of those gunfire incidents were shown live on TV. Yet, there is not a single picture of a body anywhere. Dan Rivers of CNN was there, and reported not seeing any fatalities.

While you can say the army did a good job today (which they did), you can also say that they should have done this before the ASEAN Summit catastophe, and the yellow shirt airport fiasco, etc. (which they should have). Better late than never? :o

Well I think for one that bloke that posted those you tube links would have copped it. Having seen images from both sides, the military were clearly using blanks. In the Al Jazeera footage many of the soldiers had their rifles lazily pointed towards that pedestrian crossing and "firing". You can;t hear the crack in that you tube post of bullets going over head, and they should have been if they were live rounds.

I think they have done a great job. Abhisit said four days, and they've pretty much locked down the capital, for now, on day one, and as an added plus, appear to have managed this without killing truckloads of people. All in all, a pretty good day's work, methinks, however late.

HG

Well said my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE WAS JUST ON CNN, and i do point out your words "JUST"

Where was he 24 hours ago? in the airport trying to take the next flight?

not even 24 hours ago, how about few hours ago when you mates were threatening to blow up LPG Tanker in the residential area which would of killed hundreds if not thousands-HE MUST OF BEEN SLEEPING(was past his bed time)

Thaksin will speak live on BBC World in 'a few minutes.'

Edit: Thaksin - "When I said revolution, I meant 'peaceful revolution.'" Ducking questions about funding saying "I'm just giving 'moral support.'" Now flat-out denying funding the demonstrators...

Claiming "many people have died, I have proof."

Edited by MKAsok

Well done the PTP party.

Must be a "no confidence" vote now, and also impeach Abhisit for total incompetance for the summit failure and everything since.

The House must be convened for an urgent meeting and "no confidence" vote. Then the police must investigate all "live" round shooting, be in Red or Army or Blue or whatever.

Levelhead, your nickname resembles NOTHING of your personality.

Are you living on the same planet the rest of us are on? Abhisit is showing total competence for everything since the summit failure. nobody has died, the place is coming back under control quickly.

Are you sure that the reds act like this only to obey to Thaksin?

Maybe they are REALLY mad at the Abhisit gang who despises them since centuries.

Did you hear how well educated rich Bangkokians (Siamese) speak to the workers (Issan)? Don't your think it deserve a revenge? The owner of my house just yell all the time on the gardener. She cannot imagine she could speak to him. She just yell.

In the past the poors did not complain because they thought it ws acurate they worth a piece of xxx. Now, young people understand that a man is a man and that these filthy aristocrats should respect them. Even if the poors do not have any diploma.