State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

It is correct translation as far as I know Thai.

Should be a required viewing for school children.

It is a correct translation but it may be a clip taken out of context. It's not totally clear what he is talking about when he says waiting in line for 500 Baht. It does seem damning but I'd rather hear more before thinking he put his foot in his mouth.

On another note if anyone thinks we are heartless and cruel talking about the red shirts you should see what the Thai's think about them, themselves on their message boards. It's not pretty.

dam_n, he is right the reds got 500 baht each on a daily basis plus lunch. maybe yingluck, the treasurer can explain more about it... :o

Edited by LuckyFive8888

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a correct translation but it may be a clip taken out of context. It's not totally clear what he is talking about when he says waiting in line for 500 Baht. It does seem damning but I'd rather hear more before thinking he put his foot in his mouth.

I believe you are correct Wasabi... Ms. bino says that it is in reference to a social security scheme - similar to the 2000 THB for people who pay social security and earn less than 15000. Apparently "senior citizens" get 500. Especcially more logical considering that Thaksin refers to himself as "working hard at 60 yrs old" before saying this.

Visit My Website

Hats off to these people ... normal citizens of Bangkok who did what the police should have been doing last week and every week over the past year or so.

If more people showed the same courage to stand up and do the right thing, then Thailand would be in a much more favourable position and might just (maybe) be run by a government consisting of people with higher moral standards. Unfortunately, most people stand by and watch, or not even take an interest, while various degrees of madness unfold.

If the government are going to earn any respect then they have to tread carefully - minimize the loss of life. As they have done so far. As usual there are a few trouble makers amongst the majority of people trying to make their poimt.

How to separate themnow? And let the honest protesters go home and detain the trouble makers.

Future demonstrations should require ID cards to be supplied and demonstration performed in agreed areas in advance. If you are honest then what would be the problem with this. After all tourists have to supply passports and ID in the same when they stay in hotels in the kingdom.

Thai vigilantes are not the way forward.

I believe you are correct Wasabi... Ms. bino says that it is in reference to a social security scheme - similar to the 2000 THB for people who pay social security and earn less than 15000. Apparently "senior citizens" get 500. Especcially more logical considering that Thaksin refers to himself as "working hard at 60 yrs old" before saying this.

why does the voice in the background said it was a mistake?

Visit My Website

Hats off to these people ... normal citizens of Bangkok who did what the police should have been doing last week and every week over the past year or so.

If more people showed the same courage to stand up and do the right thing, then Thailand would be in a much more favourable position and might just (maybe) be run by a government consisting of people with higher moral standards. Unfortunately, most people stand by and watch, or not even take an interest, while various degrees of madness unfold.

Great video. To think this whole mess could have been headed off a long time ago had the police actually done their jobs. (Same goes for the trouble caused by the PAD)

On another note if anyone thinks we are heartless and cruel talking about the red shirts you should see what the Thai's think about them, themselves on their message boards. It's not pretty.

Exactly what I have been hearing in my part of Isaan.

The reaction by local Thais to the involvement of the monk on Saturday at Abhisit's car, and the one today in the street, had to be seen to be believed. They could not believe their eyes.

maybe they just dress like a monk? if someone gives me 10,000 baht a day why not?

The reaction by local Thais to the involvement of the monk on Saturday at Abhisit's car, and the one today in the street, had to be seen to be believed. They could not believe their eyes.

maybe they just dress like a monk? if someone gives me 10,000 baht a day why not?

that is my point too we don't really know if what we see is done by real reds and real monk or somebody dressed like one to make us think how bad they are....

A few things have surprised me over the last few days here are just the first 2

1. The Red shirts were allowed to open the door of Abisits car in Pattaya (although my car is 10 years old it somehow locks the doors automatically from inside when i get in) and why hasn't the PM at least got a reinforced vehicle?

2. The Reds Shirts were allowed to get so close to the Asean sumit and "World Leaders" in Pattaya, although today they have proven they have very efficient

armed forces. It all seams a bit strange somehow.

last year during songran over 1500 people died in thailand as a result of drink driving incidents - I predict this year that figure will be down and certainly less than dies as a reult of this fiasco!

I DONT WANT TO BET BUT I HOPE IT WONT BE MORE THAN LAST YEAR with some found dead from gun shot wounds :o

Edited by LazyCat

I've been listening to various news sources and talking heads on TV and the western media seems really taken aback that the government used the military to solve the crises using M16's instead of the police with tear gas.

Does anyone have a clear unerstanding as to why the entire police force is nowhere to be seen? When abhisit was attacked, the police did nothing, at asean the police did nothing, when the UDD started rioting in bangkok the police did nothing. It's like there just isn't a police force in thailand.

Secondly any idea on what will happen to the police force now that they have effectively abandoned their post? Should there be a mandate that and and all security matters above traffic tickets be handled by the army since the police are unwilling to do more?

Last point, anyone notice that AJE seems pretty bias towards the UDD? They never mention wrongdoings by the UDD, they even don't mention the 2 that were killed by the UDD. At first they even claimed that the 2 deaths were UDD members themselves. They also cut thaksins interview in such a way that it seems like he's the hero never showing his rambelings that are in the full length interview

last year during songran over 1500 people died in thailand as a result of drink driving incidents - I predict this year that figure will be down and certainly less than dies as a reult of this fiasco!

apologies 477 killed last year over 1500 in last 5 years!

I DONT WANT TO BET BUT I HOPE IT WONT BE MORE THAN LAST YEAR with some fopund dead from gun shot wounds :o

And M16's

stil there not alowed to leave by soldiers, not by party leaders.

Soldiers not allowing civilians to leave? :o

well she is a red shirt does it count as civilian? I can't put the text of her sms here as it is on my mom's phone and she took it away.. but that's what she said that they are surrounded by army and army does not let anyone in or out. She also said that the rumors are they are held there to be shot to kill. scary .

I was there today, she can easy remove the shirt and go away and also whit red shirt everybody can go outside and live. Some red follow me and go in the middle of the policemen...100 mt from there they make fire to 4 bus....I took the picture.

post-80471-1239648429_thumb.jpg

post-80471-1239648501_thumb.jpg

post-80471-1239648644_thumb.jpg

Edited by timetotime

I DONT WANT TO BET BUT I HOPE IT WONT BE MORE THAN LAST YEAR with some fopund dead from gun shot wounds :o

And M16's

I hope so too - but as thailand is also #3 in world for shootings this year - there are alot of people out there with guns and strong beliefs - be they right or wrong!!!!

I've been listening to various news sources and talking heads on TV and the western media seems really taken aback that the government used the military to solve the crises using M16's instead of the police with tear gas.

Does anyone have a clear unerstanding as to why the entire police force is nowhere to be seen? When abhisit was attacked, the police did nothing, at asean the police did nothing, when the UDD started rioting in bangkok the police did nothing. It's like there just isn't a police force in thailand.

Secondly any idea on what will happen to the police force now that they have effectively abandoned their post? Should there be a mandate that and and all security matters above traffic tickets be handled by the army since the police are unwilling to do more?

Last point, anyone notice that AJE seems pretty bias towards the UDD? They never mention wrongdoings by the UDD, they even don't mention the 2 that were killed by the UDD. At first they even claimed that the 2 deaths were UDD members themselves. They also cut thaksins interview in such a way that it seems like he's the hero never showing his rambelings that are in the full length interview

is obvious isn't it? "mad dog from arabia" as some people may refer to...

on the subjiect of guns !!! my wife has one!! she says it's for protection - i think it's just incase she need to claim my life insurance money! Honestly she keeps the gun in one house but the bullets in another!!!! I guess train of thougth as the army shooting blanks!! She doesn't want to shoot me by accident!! (unless she really wants to!)

I don't hear any background voice saying anything about a mistake, but I did watch the complete video on YouTube and it is indeed referring to the social security scheme, nothing else.

Stop lying, all you Thaksin supporters. The yellow shirts never used violence.

r1886342937.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

_44978442_fight_ap466.jpg

Mr Pot,

You are black.

Regards,

Mr. Kettle

don't forget that K. Newin was ex-thaksin/PPP demonstration strategist. the reds beaten by the yellows above are not different from the blues we have seen in pattaya; they incite violence to worsen the situation so that extreme measures can be justified against the other party.

the yellows above are just doing what the reds did to the blue in pattaya although they were able to run away.

Edited by LuckyFive8888

I don't hear any background voice saying anything about a mistake, but I did watch the complete video on YouTube and it is indeed referring to the social security scheme, nothing else.

but look the Nation web site has only this part http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/n...s&cateid=13 can't they understand Thai?why newspaper is pushing through faulse ideas ?

A few things have surprised me over the last few days here are just the first 2

2. The Reds Shirts were allowed to get so close to the Asean sumit and "World Leaders" in Pattaya, although today they have proven they have very efficient

armed forces. It all seams a bit strange somehow.

For permit to the blue shirt to flame the red shirt and transform the red in bad guys...i was also there in the moment when the red start to go away...they was quite but some blue started to insult them and start to throw stones and bottle...not in plastic.

post-80471-1239649646_thumb.jpg

For permit to the blue shirt to flame the red shirt and transform the red in bad guys...i was also there in the moment when the red start to go away...they was quite but some blue started to insult them and start to throw stones and bottle...not in plastic.

it has been achieved now !!! see? the blues are quite clever and nott everything is as it seems

but look the Nation web site has only this part http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/n...s&cateid=13 can't they understand Thai?why newspaper is pushing through faulse ideas ?

You tell me why they only posted the edited YouTube clip? Bias? Lazy journalism?

Edited by helvetian

You tell me why they only posted the edited YouTube clip? Bias? Lazy journalism?

this is not lazy, it's feeding the needed information into the minds of people, it's done to discredit, to make people think something is there that's not...to make someone loose face once and forever....

(gosh I hope I will live a nice quiet LONG life after posting here !)

Let's assume that this is true and the blue shirts attacked first, does this justify attacking the PM, rioting in the streets ? If you are walking down the street and someone makes a comment about you and smacks you around a bit, does that give you the right to beat your wife later?

To say that the red shirts had no say in the escalation in violence is to say that they are without free will and thus they really can't make any demands can they?

I hope so too - but as thailand is also #3 in world for shootings this year - there are alot of people out there with guns and strong beliefs - be they right or wrong!!!!

Where exactly did you get this number from? I have a hard time believing that thailand beats mexico, us, israel, gaza, colombia, pretty much anywhere in africa

The M16 assault rifle is the key, anybody who know's the weapon would be asking a lot of questions, they are the most leathol of all assault rifles, designed to kill and are very very accurate up to 100m and are seconded only by Sniper rifles.

In other words they could easily take of a person's leg at 100m and not kill them, in a demonstration this would cause an instant panic situation.

AJE in my opinion are the best news channel far better than CNN and BBC who never report the facts from both sides. I guess they were waiting for official statistics on Red death's before printing the 2 civilian casualties which haven't been released as yet. Anyway now AJE have.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pac...5656292843.html